Newbie lurker - My SW builds....

Attirex

Hey, everyone:

I normally build 1/48 aircraft, but have taken a few detours into Star Wars kits. Kind of hard not to with all the great stuff from Bandai. I can't praise them enough. I'm spoiled for sure, and going back to limited-run subjects will be hard. :)

In any event, I like most my SW craft to be absolutely filthy. Instead of going for a studio/filming miniature look, I imagine what they would look like in "reality" after being abused and are approaching end-of-life. My heavy weathering is probably not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a fun way to practice painting and airbrushing techniques.

Have the Bandai PG Falcon to tackle next, just psyching myself up to build it.

Thanks for looking!

A.F.

Fine Molds X-Wing:

vYbNjA7.jpg

S6Xf11o.jpg

e0NIw8g.jpg

Bandai Y-Wing:

idAFAC9.jpg

6oV0SB2.jpg

FOAr0Ts.jpg

qBTaXNa.jpg

Fine Molds TIE:

fIbNBpF.jpg

Rn7YORJ.jpg

diODahU.jpg

Bandai Snowspeeder:

xn1NPL8.jpg

28usrVE.jpg

sYQJNHJ.jpg

TVQv2dw.jpg

NSP9s1T.jpg

Bandai AT-AT:

HnwloMS.jpg

1vSHyiS.jpg

nN8z30X.jpg

O3ViyLe.jpg

Bandai AT-ST:

PlKw0lf.jpg

6rh3z8E.jpg

I6AtREq.jpg

DX9h5X3.jpg

Brilliant! All fantastic but the in-scale weathering on the snowspeeder, AT AT and AT ST make those in particular look like much bigger models. Great work.

Brilliant! All fantastic but the in-scale weathering on the snowspeeder, AT AT and AT ST make those in particular look like much bigger models. Great work.

I was going to post the same thing.

I jrecently finished building the AT-AT and AT-ST, and in contemplating painting them I've been very conscious of how easy it will be to screw up the scale of the weathering.
I've been looking at a lot of peoples work for inspiration and guidance, and I gotta say that while a lot of people have the fancy techniques down, very few that I've seen have nailed how to properly scale it to these smaller kits.

Your work is in a very rarefied class,Attirex- Bravo!

Thanks, everyone! :D:D:D

Miles--I found the same thing....AT-AT and AT-ST were the hardest to weather because of the scale and shapes. The AT-AT even more so because it's 1/144, so you have to scale down the weathering to match. I had to keep reminding myself that it's a very big machine, and not a 1/48 spaceship. :eek

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back