EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

The glossy look goes well with your alien props too! You're right those left and right archs should both flow in a continuous curve into the low point in the center stripe where the V and the line above the widows peak intersect. Maybe that warped section of the dome was to force the merge with added-on center stripe, where it might have created a gap otherwise.

Last edited:
@ LandronArtifact:I cannot see this defect on your helmet.I also have not seen it on mine.Nice shine...but not right for ANH.;)
But its nice for ESB and ROTJ..what a stuff did you used?
The dome is not 100% cleaned..there are still some little flaws from the Originalsculpt in there.

Yes these eFx ANH PCR helmets (ABS plastic) are quite a bit lighter than the DP Classic Action helmet (vinyl). I think you could drop kick the DPCA and maybe break off a tusk. Maybe. The eFx if you pick it up with one hand from the back side of the mask, if feels like it could crack. Not sure why they didn't use thicker plastic there.

The mask part of mine "jumped" of the kitchen worktop while I was working on it yesterday. It dropped a metre onto the floor which is a quite tough lino. There was no damage although the side tubes weren't on it at the time, might have been different if they were.

If it had been fibreglass I think I'd be looking at a crack or two in the gel coat.

The mask part of mine "jumped" of the kitchen worktop while I was working on it yesterday. It dropped a metre onto the floor which is a quite tough lino. There was no damage although the side tubes weren't on it at the time, might have been different if they were.

If it had been fibreglass I think I'd be looking at a crack or two in the gel coat.

I would've had to throw up a bit if that happened to me.

I'm sorry. :cry

I mean, it's nit picky of me probably. And it is pretty subtle. Not a huge deal, but knowing it's there I wish it wasn't.

Based on the photos you and others have posted, I think it looks amazing for the cash. For those who have wasted too many brain cells on every detail of the helmet, it will never be good enough. But for regular folks, it's an awesome buy at $300.

Looking at other peoples helmets, do you think it is a defect from the moulding process on yours? Or do you think it's there on the others as well?

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257455&page=15&p=4022555&viewfull=1#post4022555

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257455&page=17&p=4037246&viewfull=1#post4037246

Last edited:
I dropped my boba fett dp95 and it broke in two places back in the day before I had a better one.
It was a sad day.

My Tamashi die cast 6th scale 3P0 took a header off a shelf, a few days after I got it. Luckily it landed in a box of packing, but it still took me a few minutes before I could muster up the courage to go look. Even though it landed in a box of packing paper, the thud it made was sickening. It broke all apart, but only at joints that pull apart anyway by design, so thankfully it was fine.

What's the progress on yours?

I've got the side tubes back on and an trying to roughly stipple paint on to replicate surface defects with a 3/4 inch decorators paint brush to get that anh irregularity, I'll post a pic later.

webdarth94.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Before you all say it I know the C scar isn't like that but this is mine....... So it is :)

Actually I think I like the look of your c-scar, accurate or not. :) It seems "genuine" in a way most don't.

I also removed about 2-3mm from around the eye cutouts as they seemed too deep, the downside of that is now the lens does not fit so I will have to cut it in half and fix both halves seperately.
In doing this they will move out slightly and fit again, but the fixing holes will need meddling with.

Looking good! Even the smallest sub millimeter changes can make a big difference, like unevening the bottom of the teeth, which I'd noticed you'd done in your first picture.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back