Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

I'm still dying to know if they went with the ANH Vader look. Especially the inner cloak over the shoulder/breastplate look that was exclusive to A New Hope. (And Rebels)

Rumors say they did.

I enjoyed the BTS clip but was disappointed we weren't privy to the trailer. Hoping it comes out tonight at least. I like a lot of what I see in regards to this movie though I'm still skeptical of Felicity Jones. Her line delivery of the few lines we've heard has been fairly cringe worthy to me.

Also, from the character descriptions we've had, sounds like Bodhi indeed was an Imperial pilot and his weathered black jumpsuit is that of a pilot's.

I had some issues with all these brand new troopers and ships being introduced, especially so soon before ANH, and completely disappearing in later movies but I do like that LFL seem to be somewhat explaining things. I like that the Deathtroopers are being explained away as presumably being part of the special military component of Imperial Intelligence, which we haven't seen before. The TIE Striker being a primarily atmospheric fighter is fine I guess though it is a bit weird since we've seen standard TIE fighters performing seemingly fine in an atmosphere, even in the OT. Though it doesn't look as good as the Lambda- shuttle (to me), I do like the Brutalist, monolithic style of Krennic's Delta- shuttle and reminds me ever so slightly of the Assault Shuttle from the X-wing games.

Last edited:
wow that was a great sneak peak!! i too get the private ryan feel and i love it!! the official trailer was shown? and it will be shown here in the states tonight? if so any details on when and where to look out for it?

There's a making TFA special on ABC tonight, the trailer is expected to air with it.

The stream is on the starwars.com Youtube channel, some parts of today's stream have been posted. All of the panels from last year's stream were posted so they should do the same this year.

https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars/videos

The Death Troopers are Krennic's personal guards as said on their costume plates at Celebration. We didn't see the same type costumed Snowtroopers before or after ESB, but that doesn't mean they didn't exist Same goes for Scout troopers..

Rumors say they did.

I enjoyed the BTS clip but was disappointed we weren't privy to the trailer. Hoping it comes out tonight at least. I like a lot of what I see in regards to this movie though I'm still skeptical of Felicity Jones. Her line delivery of the few lines we've heard has been fairly cringe worthy to me.

Also, from the character descriptions we've had, sounds like Bodhi indeed was an Imperial pilot and his weathered black jumpsuit is that of a pilot's.

I had some issues with all these brand new troopers and ships being introduced, especially so soon before ANH, and completely disappearing in later movies but I do like that LFL seem to be somewhat explaining things. I like that the Deathtroopers are being explained away as presumably being part of the special military component of Imperial Intelligence, which we haven't seen before. The TIE Striker being a primarily atmospheric fighter is fine I guess though it is a bit weird since we've seen standard TIE fighters performing seemingly fine in an atmosphere, even in the OT. Though it doesn't look as good as the Lambda- shuttle (to me), I do like the Brutalist, monolithic style of Krennic's Delta- shuttle and reminds me ever so slightly of the Assault Shuttle from the X-wing games.

That trooper at :49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXEMO_Zv_gQ

Looks really cool!

There's some excellent stuff i'm seeing here. I can't wait to see the new trailer tonight! The creatures and practical stuff they're doing in this one look so beautiful. I'm so glad they're sticking to a lot of these old techniques and mixing with the new.

After seeing this sizzle reel i'm far more excited about this than the first teaser.

The Death Troopers are Krennic's personal guards as said on their costume plates at Celebration. We didn't see the same type costumed Snowtroopers before or after ESB, but that doesn't mean they didn't exist Same goes for Scout troopers..

Exactly but there is a reasoning that we hadn't heard until now. Obviously it would've made no sense to see troopers in snow gear in environments without snow. If these Deathtroopers are so amazing and capable, why didn't we see them after the Big 3 in the OT? Well, we now know they are a part of Imperial Intelligence, which is a part of the Empire that had a pretty minor presence in the OT and thus why they were never seen.

Yep, and no trailer. That really sucks.

I'm definitely more exited for this movie now. Liking that it feels more like a war movie rather than a straight up space opera.

<nitpicky>Does a moisture vaporator make sense in a non-desert environment?</nitpicky>

Yeah I noticed that about the vaporators too. It makes me wonder if those structures were ever canonically moisture vaporators or if that's just an old EU thing and we just assumed they were.

Is Vader in the new trailer or is there no new trailer to go with the sizzle reel?

from my understanding the sizzle reel was show at celebration with vader at the end, the sizzle reel for everyone outside of celebration gets the vader scene deleted

On the Celebration reel BTS, I liked that Gareth Edwards (I think it was him) said something about that if they didn't do anything different it wouldn't feel like they were advancing the story. I'm glad to hear that because that's, and not to start the debate again here, what I felt was missing with TFA. They could have tweaked things a little more to distance it from ANH. Anyway I love that little guy that looks like a short Wookiee that was manning the gun turret.

I am sure vaporators are pretty common. And I am sure they will get a canon explanation.
I'm definitely more exited for this movie now. Liking that it feels more like a war movie rather than a straight up space opera.

<nitpicky>Does a moisture vaporator make sense in a non-desert environment?</nitpicky>

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back