1/50 scale Planet Express Ship, Futurama

As said, those shipping crates are the final touch of genius! Great working space,great modelling, great casting ,great painting,great , GREAT, GREATTTTTT!!!! I'm Planetship green with envy and jealousy. You hit a total blurn with this one, oh my. Leela would be proud.

Good grief! Words fail me at the brilliance of this piece. My wife and I are huge Futurama fans, and she directed me to the Kotaku.com article. I immediately came here and was thrilled to find this thread. If you make a run of these you'll make a lot of people (myself included, of course) happy. Congrats on a wonderfully executed project.

Opened up eBay this morning and there she was... right on my front page under the Remarkable Listings. Hopefully this will give you some significant exposure.

Thanks everyone! It's been a heck of a project and yes, ship #3 is on eBay right now. It's doing better than I could have hoped for!

For those curious, kits will be a possibility coming soon, once I get the quirks worked out on my rotocasting machine.

I hope you enjoy the final photos, and this quick vid of the assembly process:

13369423984_60eb3b5fc6_b.jpg

13369425344_4e8dab03f8_b.jpg

13369045005_a0a0784203_b.jpg

13369423004_9f8ced490c_b.jpg

13369043915_44957e835d_b.jpg

13369423484_18a62ccea6_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm such a Volpin fanboy. Thank you for all the extensive write ups and flicker photosets for all your projects. They are inspiring.

There has been a change in policy regarding posting in the Junkyard; effective today you need to have a premium membership to post FS threads for unlimited runs, which is sort of a thing I do from time to time.

Coincidentally, I got a premium membership today.

Huh.

There has been a change in policy regarding posting in the Junkyard; effective today you need to have a premium membership to post FS threads for unlimited runs, which is sort of a thing I do from time to time.

Coincidentally, I got a premium membership today.

Huh.
"Huh" is right! I'm getting crushed out tomorrow (April 15th) re: my income tax return but I hope to pick one of these up soon. Thanks for making this happen.

By unlimited run, you mean I can buy this at any time, right?
I'm allocating some budget for next month as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back