New RS Props X-WING HELMET! Also, an AT-AT Pilot

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
RS just posted this to their Facebook. I had no idea they were working on an X-wing helmet. Pretty stoked and happy I've waited to pick one up. They also have an AT-AT but I feel like I've heard about that before. I could be wrong though, that might be just as new and exciting as the X-wing helmet.

IMG_6986 2.jpg

IMG_6987.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6986.jpg
    IMG_6986.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
I saw that facebook post too. I've been waiting to see what the current opinion is on the best/most accurate tie helmets

What are all your opinions based on their Tie offering vs the new CFO one coming out? It says their tie helmet comes from a cast of a studio used one that is now in collectors hands. I thought during the last discussion that no one had gotten their hands on a studio used one to cast. Is what RS saying true? If so then they really do have the most accurate tie helmet. I'm taking an particular interested because I'm in the market for a tie helmet.

Don’t know if it’s lens distortion, but the dome on the AT-AT driver’s helmet looks undersized. Not sure what size of aph helmet was used to cast the dome on the original, but the screen used one looks quite bulbous when compared to the RS version.

They look good. I have a feeling they got many of the greeblies on their AT-AT right based off who they know in our community.

Would you guess the completed AT-AT will be around 300-350 pounds? The completed TIE Pilot does not show the price.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Don’t know if it’s lens distortion, but the dome on the AT-AT driver’s helmet looks undersized. Not sure what size of aph helmet was used to cast the dome on the original, but the screen used one looks quite bulbous when compared to the RS version.

Agreed, and we need to see more pics because it could be indeed lens distortion. Maybe we should look at their TIE lids

Would you guess the completed AT-AT will be around 300-350 pounds? The completed TIE Pilot does not show the price.

I think traditionally AT-AT helmets have commanded a higher price due to more greeblies, a need to paint the plastic and slightly more complicated construction.
I’d be surprised if they offered it for £300-£350- would think £400 plus might be a more likely price.
Pure speculation on my part, I hasten to add!

This is very exciting! I would love to add all of the new RS lids to the collection (AT-AT, TIE, X-Wing, & Snowtrooper). Who needs ANOVOS or eFX?

This is very exciting! I would love to add all of the new RS lids to the collection (AT-AT, TIE, X-Wing, & Snowtrooper). Who needs ANOVOS or eFX?
People who want helmets from the newer films can't order those from RS or efx but they can from Anovos.

I think traditionally AT-AT helmets have commanded a higher price due to more greeblies, a need to paint the plastic and slightly more complicated construction.
I’d be surprised if they offered it for £300-£350- would think £400 plus might be a more likely price.
Pure speculation on my part, I hasten to add!
That makes sense. The Anovos AT-AT is quite a bit higher than the TIE. Unfortunately the only price I see for the TIE on the RS site is for the kit.

I saw that facebook post too. I've been waiting to see what the current opinion is on the best/most accurate tie helmets

What are all your opinions based on their Tie offering vs the new CFO one coming out? It says their tie helmet comes from a cast of a studio used one that is now in collectors hands. I thought during the last discussion that no one had gotten their hands on a studio used one to cast. Is what RS saying true? If so then they really do have the most accurate tie helmet. I'm taking an particular interested because I'm in the market for a tie helmet.

I have no idea, but if I were to guess, I would say the faceplates are casts from a production made stormtrooper and the rest of the helmet is cast from an original vintage APH helmet.

Heard these were coming a year ago (complete AT-AT suit also, unless that's changed), but I'm not sure about ordering anything, based on my sub-par experiences with the Scout helmet and TIE commission.

Maybe CFO will make an AT-AT lid after the TIEs. Kinda feeling done with buying from RS, EFX, and Anovos. Too many issues.

Heard these were coming a year ago (complete AT-AT suit also, unless that's changed), but I'm not sure about ordering anything, based on my sub-par experiences with the Scout helmet and TIE commission.

Maybe CFO will make an AT-AT lid after the TIEs. Kinda feeling done with buying from RS, EFX, and Anovos. Too many issues.

What issues did you have with RS? Pre-orders or normally stocked items?

What issues did you have with RS? Pre-orders or normally stocked items?
Scout was a preorder, my issues were: delayed delivery that everyone else also had, mine arrived 15 months after ordering. It had multiple hairline cracks and had to be replaced. I let them know it had issues immediately, and after sending back the cracked one (and paying shipping), 4 months later they emailed me pictures of the replacement for me to give approval on. By that time lots of other people had posted images of their own RS lids, all of which had a very similar weathering pattern (directly mimicking the beat up look of the screen-used helmet from the StarWarsHelmets website. For some reason the first helmet I had received (the cracked one) had a much simpler black spray paint weathering, of a more genetic type. Since they asked if the paint job met with my approval, I asked if they could instead rework it to be more in line with the screen-used helmet that had clearly been the inspiration for all of the other weathered RS lids I had seen. They said this would be no problem. ...and so I was a bit surprised when I got a shipping notification a couple days later. When the replacement lid arrived, sure enough, the paint scheme was exactly the same as the pictures I had just rejected. At that point I was a bit fed up with the whole process, and didn't want to pay shipping to send back another helmet, so I turned my attention to the TIE.

The TIE commission was a complete commission of the helmet, suit, gloves, etc, originally ordered as the Richard Bonehill edition with signed plaque. By the time I got my replacement Scout helmet I had already been waiting 8 months for my made to order TIE costume, and didn't get it until the 11 month mark. Surprising given that they quoted the delivery at 10 weeks or so. When it did arrive it was missing the plaque and stand I had paid extra for, and the jumpsuit didn't have any imperial cog patches on the shoulders. On a more minor note, despite being a "complete" TIE costume, it was missing the comm pad that I have seen in subsequently ordered RS commissions. Finally, there was a long, deep gash in the front of the chest armor, probably caused by the unprotected metal screws used to attach the chest box to the chest armor.

Long delays and a string of "next week" promises (LOTS of polite, very patient, never angry emails sent by me with scattered responses) are probably the worst parts of both experiences. The products are very nice, but I don't think I can be bothered to go through it all again. All that said- plenty of people seem to have had much better experiences, including many who somehow ordered complete commissioned suits after I did and received them months earlier. So who knows.

I'm totally happy with the Laws AT-AT lids I have, they look better than the Anovos and proto RS.

We all know the difference between the Anovos and EFX license, how does the RS products come into the picture? Thanks!

As far as I can tell RS still hasn't posted the promised instruction video for assembling the Scout helmet kit. The website says the video would be posted before the kits ship. Kits started shipping several months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back