Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

November 2017: Hollywood Japan website started to advertise the NEW licenced Tomenosuke Blaster 2049.

New foam lined box with separate lid.
New box graphics...with Blade Runner written on box.
The underside of the Butt-Plate has the ALCON licence details scribed.
Slow Fade ON light-up red LEDs are back.
Bullet ends are now engraved again MAG 44 SPL.
Full color photo book included.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Expected to ship in February / March 2018.
Considerable Price hike compared to their previous Blaster issues.......
Cost: 89,640 JPYen plus shipping.

Link Hollywood Japan website store. (Hollywood Collectors Gallery - Japan website).
>>>>>
http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/shopdetail/000000007165/

November 2017: Hollywood Japan website started to advertise the NEW licenced Tomenosuke Blaster 2049.

New foam lined box with separate lid.
New box graphics...with Blade Runner written on box.
The underside of the Butt-Plate has the ALCON licence details scribed.
Slow Fade ON light-up red LEDs are back.
Bullet ends are now engraved again MAG 44 SPL.
Full color photo book included.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Expected to ship in February / March 2018.
Considerable Price hike compared to their previous Blaster issues.......
Cost: 89,640 JPYen plus shipping.

Link Hollywood Japan website store. (Hollywood Collectors Gallery - Japan website).
>>>>>
http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/shopdetail/000000007165/

Any thoughts on what this means for the current batch shipping from HCG? New box or old box?

Any thoughts on what this means for the current batch shipping from HCG? New box or old box?

I would not have a clue. Your question should be directed towards HCG Hollywood Collectibles Group.
You can refer them to the Hollywood Japan website if you wish to if clarification is required.
Contact HCG is best because they are the USA distributor and will have the specific details on the November 2017 issue.
It might be the same as the Feb-March 2018 issue...who knows. Tomenosuke and HCG know best.:)

I guess the latest Tomenosuke 2049 issue blasters are all starting to look the same in appearance and finish, so having something like a licencing stamp (or similar) on the actual blaster somewhere, to distinguish it from previous issues is a good idea for resale value and authenticity.

This is the new box, shown together with Shinji-san

ueGyKq2.png

Maybe, Tomenosuke had to do this or some other compliance detail to satisfy their licence agreement. :confused
I would prefer that detail be hidden somewhere or not there at all. No big deal though. Still a nice blaster.

Oh god, I hope the one that just shipped from HCG doesn’t have this stamping.

So does this mean that the November Tomens that are shipping now have the stamping on the bottom of the butt plate?

Once you acquire the license to something, part of the agreement with the Licensor is a clear and visible copyright marking. That is just how the licensing game works and it is at the sole discretion of the Licensor. So if you want to play the game and legally acquire the license, you must follow the Licensor's rules.

The description says "scribed" but I also see the word "stamped" being used. To me, that's two different things. Scribed could be just painted/printed and could be easily removed with some paint stripper (or even just sanded) then the bottom could be repainted. Stamped/embossed would be more work required, but I can't imagine them literally stamping it into the metal.

I can't tell from the small photo on the JP site, so is it clear which it is?

It looks laser engraved to me. I would just stick a sheet of sandpaper
on a flat surface and sand off the paint. The engraving should go with it.
Then just repaint the black portion.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back