The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Zune Premium ear buds. I picked up a pair for $20 on ebay. My ravanger groot is wearing signal-2017-06-27-180715.jpegthem here.

Hey everyone! can anyone point me in the right direction for some guardians 2 pants? I have searched everywhere and cant seem to find one thats screen accurate! awesome work from all the posts I've seen on here so far!

Hey everyone! can anyone point me in the right direction for some guardians 2 pants? I have searched everywhere and cant seem to find one thats screen accurate! awesome work from all the posts I've seen on here so far!

There are two different Star-Lord pants for VOL2.

If you go into the Classifieds>Project Runs area of the forum you can find both being offered.

There are two different Star-Lord pants for VOL2.

If you go into the Classifieds>Project Runs area of the forum you can find both being offered.

Incredible! thanks for the reference! on a little side note while I think about it, my otherhalf is going to cosplay as Gamora from Guardians 2 and she wants to go as the trenchcoat version however we are having trouble finding a decent looking coat, I have seen a few around but somethings not in the picture or something is but shouldn't be, shes being a picky and quite rightly so!

Any ideas where I could get a nice looking trenchcoat for her I could not find one in the classifieds to purchase!

Hey y'all, while not screen accurate, I found some rocket control lookalikes on eBay. after a little painting they look pretty decent. not saying its accurate but its a budget friendly option.IMG_2889.JPGIMG_2893.JPG

Incredible! thanks for the reference! on a little side note while I think about it, my otherhalf is going to cosplay as Gamora from Guardians 2 and she wants to go as the trenchcoat version however we are having trouble finding a decent looking coat, I have seen a few around but somethings not in the picture or something is but shouldn't be, shes being a picky and quite rightly so!

Any ideas where I could get a nice looking trenchcoat for her I could not find one in the classifieds to purchase!
Unfortunately, there is not a lot of Gamora gear offered here.

I would try searching ebay, there seem to be a lot of Gamora packages. Search for "gamora costume". There are several packages offering a VOL2 costume with a long coat. You can also try "gamora coat" for coat-only offerings, and a genuine leather one comes up under "gamora trench".

Buy the closest to what you want and modify if needed.
@Acousticasky
Budget options are great. It lets all sorts of people get into a costume, then they can upgrade later.

My boot rockets are Capt America toy binoculars painted up silver and black.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Capta.../B00ECV5AFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499452934
71YyHnPq-JL._SY450_.jpg

I have been looking over this thread, and really hope Someone could recommend a good place to get a vol 1 jacket.

If you are looking to flat out buy one, the jacket maker has a decent one. There's also one on eBay by the seller "thebestjackets" it's also pretty close but not perfect. The latter seems to be the same maker as the famed "Danny short jacket" that has been discussed multiple times.

Last edited:
Anybody try Blackleatherjacket.com for the jacket?

If you absolutely do not require a lower-price option, I would recommend saving up and getting Danny's jacket from the project runs here. It has everything done to it, you can just put it on and go. He's even got the accurate zipper now.

If you need a lower price option, then I would recommend the "slim fit" model for VOL1. It's the best of the overseas factory jackets. Get it on ebay, BLJ does deliver, but they are also a little expensive for the same product.

Search ebay for "star lord slim fit jacket", should only cost about $125 in real leather.

Thought I'd finally jump in and show off what I currently have! Got my ebay jacket in yesterday and am almost done repainting and weathering it! I've currently been through 3 different jackets over the last month (FanJackets, CosplaySky,) and this one is definitely my favorite. The back isn't that accurate, but I'm sure a few mods could help make it look better. The pants are from Cosplaysky and look pretty fantastic besides the color which I will be dying to get more of that terracotta color. The shirt is also from cosplaysky and I love it. The belt is a CostumeBase belt I got for super cheap off of amazon and added one of Nova Props Vol. 2 buckles to make it look even better. This belt is amazing for the price and would highly recommend it! The blasters are those cheap, plastic Rubies guns that have been repainted and have the carbon fiber handle wraps. I do have the actual TPS-L2 Walkman that I got a few weeks before the movie for $150 (was claimed to be broken, though I fixed it within a half hour...) Just need to get the boots, gaiters, and holsters! Would love to hear any thoughts on my current get up!
View attachment 729506View attachment 729507View attachment 729508View attachment 729509View attachment 729510

That looks great. Was planning on getting the belt from costumebase as well. I asked Cosplaysky if they will sell just the pants and they only sell it as the set with jacket. Seems like they are the only ones that have the best looking pants and are close to accurate. Where did you get the jacket from?

That looks great. Was planning on getting the belt from costumebase as well. I asked Cosplaysky if they will sell just the pants and they only sell it as the set with jacket. Seems like they are the only ones that have the best looking pants and are close to accurate. Where did you get the jacket from?

Check post #2744 of this topic regarding pants.

There's a slight difference between the soles on the volume 1 and 2 shoes. Really minor shaping stuff. I can take pictures of the two pairs of shoes I bought later.

They've made changes to the soles over the years. There are 3 different ones I've seen so far (of the all black variety). The shoes from the second movie are made from a newer sole than the first ones.

I have Diameters from before VOL1 released and Diameters bought in the last 6 months. Both soles are identical...or at least as identical as a mass manufactured sole can be. I also have about 2 or 3 other pair of Diameters bought between them...all the same sole.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back