Mazinger z cosplay

Final chest connections of my Mazinger Z.

IMG_20180312_125331.jpg

You will see all is very basic cause I am a total newby with electronics, I learned doing this actually
1f60a.png

PC fans in both sides to create an air current.

Right side: eyes lights on/off & regular mode/laser beam mode and chest fire (3 modes).

IMG_20180312_125424.jpgIMG_20180312_125553.jpg

All is well labeled to avoid confusion in Mazinger "little helpers" when they assist me dressing up.

Left side: sound connections.

IMG_20180312_125508.jpgIMG_20180312_125606.jpg

Each side connect to its respective hand where the switchs are. In left hand, a mini sound card (https://www.adafruit.com/product/2341) over a small protoboard with 5 switches to activate sound effects as follows: 1.mechanical joint movement 2. big robot steps 3.cartoon laser beams 4. Mazinger Z main theme Spanish version 5. Mazinger Z main theme Japanese version.

In the backpack that holds the chest there is an amplifier, 2 Pioneer 100W car speakers and a 12v battery that feeds the sound and the fans. No room for a subwoofer sorry guys
1f602.png

IMG_20180312_133812.jpg

It would be pretty cool if you built the hover pilder from a functional drone that either you or someone else could pilot in and out of your head.

It would be pretty cool if you built the hover pilder from a functional drone that either you or someone else could pilot in and out of your head.

Yeah, I thought about that as a fantasy. It would add a too high level of complexity to the cosplay. Of course I could not pilot it from inside of the Mazinger and there is a no room in the head for a drone, unless it was too small for the robot scale.

No way Jose.

Awesome sight :thumbsup thanks for sharing this !
Could you perhaps post a few more photos of different angles of the fans on the foam and how they were mounted? I'm having trouble understanding the method.Thanks!

Awesome sight :thumbsup thanks for sharing this !
Could you perhaps post a few more photos of different angles of the fans on the foam and how they were mounted? I'm having trouble understanding the method.Thanks!

George, it is quite simple. Fans are inside of a square structure, I just made a square hole same size on the foam, under the shoulders (you can see 6 post before). Then inserted the fan in it and put some hot glue to keep it there, but the hole fit very well, was not really necessary.

One important thing: you need 2 fans and one of them inserted backwards. That way you create an air current inside and atmosphere renewal. Both of them expeling the air in the same direction.

Is that ok or you need anything else? Just ask mate.

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying,Manuel.How thick does the foam need to be to 'hold' the fan inside the square? Are you talking about 10mm foam or will it stay in place with 6mm as well? Thank you again !

Thank you for clarifying,Manuel.How thick does the foam need to be to 'hold' the fan inside the square? Are you talking about 10mm foam or will it stay in place with 6mm as well? Thank you again !

For that part, I used 14mm foam (for most of the chest, the back is 10mm) but it will work with 10 or even 6. Just glue strips of foam on the 4 sides of the hole to make it as thick as the fan structure, like the frame of a picture.

This is so friggin awesome to watch ! I hope you can filter out the mistakes to make it do what it needs to do.This build deserves every bit of 'cooperation' and success:thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back