Red 5 X Wing Pilot Helmet

Danny - I purchased the helmet "kit" from "Walter" - his RPF screen name - during his run last year. t consisted of the one piece fiberglass helmet, vac formed lenses & chin strap cup, chin strap elastic, and a 3D printed mic tip aluminum mic arm. The Imperial Boots helmet liner is a kit which consists of the leather ear pads, helmet liner with ear hoops, and a large top pad. The top pad and ear pads velcro into the liner once it's glued into the helmet. I'll use my friends decal art printed on water slide paper for the logos and hand paint the red, black, yellow, and grey. Thanks for the props!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.imperialboots.com/product/tactical-paddings-copy/

Thanks for the info, I really can’t wait to see what you do with this

You plan on weathering the hell out of it? U going with a ANH design or a ESB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally had time to spray this white

IMG_4044_zpsxni1p1ng.jpg

IMG_4045_zps3licjdx3.jpg

IMG_4046_zpsbvjmkb2f.jpg

IMG_4047_zpsxuzbszgw.jpg

I'll let her dry and start masking for my black sections!

That looks great!! I have barely any funds right now, so I’ve been that little devil on my friends shoulder having him buy all these projects for me to do for him

Trying to get him to jump on this helmet, every time you update I’m hooked more and more!

So curious how you do the side decals and pin strips! That part makes me nervous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave up on painting this helmet and picked up an RS Props Red 5. RS accidentally sent me Red 4, so when I received Red 5 and paperwork to ship back Red 4 I took a few pics of both helmets

IMG_9315_zpsphorevfz.jpg

IMG_9316_zpsucjbgjzi.jpg

IMG_9317_zpsss5ej7v1.jpg

How I have my helmet displayed with Trooper Trent's Jedi Training Remote

56953208675__4CC17E1E-5771-4FAF-A2AA-A3D67C17D10E_zpskb83avug.jpg

I may sell the Walter kit with the Imperial Boots liner, PM me if interested!

Last edited:
That's good will power not to keep them both!

Out of interest, can you take some front and side photos of the RS next to the fibreglass one for a size comparison please? Interested how close they are.

Since they're made of different materials and construction, does WaltersW feel more solid than the RS?

Out of interest, can you take some front and side photos of the RS next to the fibreglass one for a size comparison please? Interested how close they are.

Since they're made of different materials and construction, does WaltersW feel more solid than the RS?

IMG_9383_zps7xblb0vt.jpg

Walter's helmet feels more real as far as weight goes, almost the same size. Walter's is slightly larger

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back