Rogue One Vader costume

Um, Vaders cape has always dragged on the ground. It's been that way since ANH.

But shorter Vader at the end of Revenge of the Sith with his cape dragging on the ground makes him look like a little kid. George Lucas should've gotten a very tall body-builder to play Vader at the end of episode 3.

It's a well known fact that the Revenge of the Sith Vader suit is by far the very worst. To start off with Hayden Christensen is only 6'1" and with the cape dragging on the ground behind him it makes Vader look like a little child. And another thing I just don't get why people wants Vader's cape to drag on the ground anyway. It'd get really dirty wouldn't it?

The ROTS is bad...but it has its own soul.Its the first really symmetrical Vaderhelmet.but the R1-Vader is only a very bad copy of the ANH-suit.Thats it for me.;)

Oh and about the cape in Episode 3...from what I know it was animated.

But shorter Vader at the end of Revenge of the Sith with his cape dragging on the ground makes him look like a little kid. George Lucas should've gotten a very tall body-builder to play Vader at the end of episode 3.

That scene we see with Vader rots is CGI. I never knew this until recently, well until I got the Blu-ray

It still surprises me, because since he’s cgi I would figure it would be easier to make him what ever height they needed

The ROTS is bad...but it has its own soul.Its the first really symmetrical Vaderhelmet.but the R1-Vader is only a very bad copy of the ANH-suit.Thats it for me.;)

Oh and about the cape in Episode 3...from what I know it was animated.

Agreed here. I get no ANH vibe in R1. The shape and fit is so far off from ANH and I'm surprised R1lover does not see it. The armor chest box and belt never slouched like that in ANH.

Bob was only in the fightscenes and in the scene he stands next to the emperor(when he wants to kill Luke) at the end of ROTJ. You can see that because its the fightinghelmet with acrylareas in the facemask.In some shots you can see that he is not so big like Prowse.But overall they made a great job I think.

I believe that Bob Anderson should've just trained David Prowse in the art of fencing. Anderson never should've played Vader!

That would make no sense; why would they spend the production time and effort to train someone who wore a mask and where the audience would never know the difference?

With other words - he had no talents for doing the job, other than filling the suit? :lol
Well, by all accounts I've read from ESB on, he also brought 'being a colossal, obnoxious git who made every shot he was in harder to get in the can' to the role. Can't downplay the importance of that.
Seriously, if that stuff is accurate, had I been LFL when RotJ rolled around, I would have given Bob Anderson ALL the Vadering to do, instead of MOST of it, JUST to not have to deal with Prowse at all.

Well, by all accounts I've read from ESB on, he also brought 'being a colossal, obnoxious git who made every shot he was in harder to get in the can' to the role. Can't downplay the importance of that.
Seriously, if that stuff is accurate, had I been LFL when RotJ rolled around, I would have given Bob Anderson ALL the Vadering to do, instead of MOST of it, JUST to not have to deal with Prowse at all.

Prowse has gotten a bad rap over the years and it's undeserved! He never leaked the big revelation in The Empire Strikes Back, it was leaked by someone else. I also find it hard to believe that Prowse couldn't be trained in fencing. And he also should've been the unmasked Vader. There's many aspects to george lucas that I just don't like!

Anderson as Vader all the time???...NEVER.He had not the figure and not the walk.For me Prowse was THE Vader and will ever be.I think if he had trained more with the saber he would been better...but they had not the time.So Anderson made a great job..but you can see his small figure in some shots and that looks not really good.

Getting back to the topic of Vader's looks in Rogue One and A New Hope, I seen on the Star Wars Blu-ray that you can see David Prowse's skin through the mouth vent especially during the close-ups of Vader during the Obi-Wan confrontation.

I don't really care for the look of Vader in The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi or Revenge of the Sith but that is what's known as the classic look of Vader. :(

The ESB Vader is the best for most people because it has the new shiny look and most sharp details of the ANH helmet.And Vader has the most cool scenes in ESB.
I also like the ROTJ(especially the Revealhelmet)...and have a MR Studioscale helmet from ROTS in my collection.Beside from the extreme "special"look the ROTS has another problem..not enough screentime.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back