The DEFINITIVE Spider-Man: Homecoming suit research thread!

Do we have any idea what kind of spandex they used? Or where to get some? I'm not talking about the screen printed texture.

His suit is seemingly very skin tight / thin (like Milliskin?) but every spandex suit I've made from the stuff that Joann's carries (not the "cosplay line" fabric) it just doesn't fit as tightly.

Here is my TASM2 suit with Joann's spandex. It just isn't as tight as Holland's.

View attachment 639335
Marvel can buy far higher quality, far more expensive, and probably custom or semi custom stretch fabrics. Unfortunately you'll never get a match at a fabric store. Additionally they have extremely experienced professional seamstresses that can sew a fit better than most.

No, the selfie is from the set of Spider-Man Homecoming.

i´m wondering about the material, the mask looks allways like it´s flocked or something like that. in this selfie and also in the movie civil war, as spipdey is on the ground and pull off his mask. What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to collaborate, but i've got quite a lot of other 3d models i need to finish, after that we can get to work.

Hey. I want help with my design. Is there anything I can do for this thread or the Spider-People in general that would make help in mine worthwhile. I can provide my Vectors for the logos to help with the 3D, more detailed pictures of my rendition of the pattern or I could Discuss all the differences between costumes I've noticed so i can get some extra information. I'm curious about the repeats in the suit and I'm considering giving away my file for free (probably temporarily to a select few in this hypothetical universe) so I can get some feedback on the pattern and details.

13653241_1206913415994088_1943823310444093767_o.jpg13626441_1206913392660757_4237967203996321072_n.jpg13653328_1206913385994091_1020338843927560996_o.jpg13561985_1003539906428980_1216538599_n.jpg Here are some new pics of the suit (I am aware that @The Prop Lord already posted the selfie pic), as many speculated there is a faceshell, only reason there wasn't one in the first pics is because they were filming a scene where he removes or puts on his mask

Yes, in other words "Hollywood Magic"

Just like how on the CW's "The Flash", Barry can magically put his cowl on himself like a hoodie. Whereas in reality, it is 2 different pieces.

Now, you "can" make the face-shell stay in a separate mask. You'll just have an ugly fabric overlap line around the neck.

Marvel can buy far higher quality, far more expensive, and probably custom or semi custom stretch fabrics. Unfortunately you'll never get a match at a fabric store. Additionally they have extremely experienced professional seamstresses that can sew a fit better than most.
It's a thick matte nylon lycra custom treated and dyed I'd imagine. Marvels stuff is hardly ever just of the shelb. Your best bet is tricot samples and attempt to colour match yourself :)

Sent From The Batcave

I'm sure you've seen this picture, but have you seen it, this BIG?

Photoshop is awesomesauce. JPEG to PNG = higher resolution.

We can see the print on the blue section now: Squares.
We can also see better detail on the Web Shooters.

Web_Shooters.jpg

View attachment 652699

Did you see Kiyominai's captain america fabric texture? He said he pulled the texture straight out of the original MCU file and added it into his Cap fabric in order to make his texture file. its amazing because it doesnt contain just squares, but more than one texture like warped diamonds.

View attachment 652699

Did you see Kiyominai's captain america fabric texture? He said he pulled the texture straight out of the original MCU file and added it into his Cap fabric in order to make his texture file. its amazing because it doesnt contain just squares, but more than one texture like warped diamonds.

Yep, kiyominai and i are actually collaborating on replicas of this suit, the texture is not squares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, @kiyominai and i are actually collaborating on replicas of this suit, the texture is not squares.

Would you mind to elaborate your findings? Because at the moment, this is the closest we've seen. And I know I'm not the only one that wants to make this suit :D

If it isn't squares, it's bricks. (On the blue)

On the red, it appeared to be Hexagonal in Captain America: Civil War.

Actually, none of those are correct, it is a coudra texture, @kiyominai worked on supergirl, i got permission to share this pic 13962892_678436758971652_7552381684643876366_o.jpg Kiyominai also has this thread http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=259103 , if you check out his other threads, you'll see him engage in conversation about textures. hope that convinced you.

Would you mind to elaborate your findings? Because at the moment, this is the closest we've seen. And I know I'm not the only one that wants to make this suit :D

If it isn't squares, it's bricks. (On the blue)

On the red, it appeared to be Hexagonal in Captain America: Civil War.

the fabric on both suits [his original costume and the tony stark costume] seem to have a special texture like the hair on a spider, where do you find fabric like that?

Thanks so much for posting this. I am doing a review of a Homecoming suit for my youtube channel and I needed to confirm the detailing on the pattern. I will be shooting the costume I have with a macro lens but it was hard to find a close-up of the movie suit. Thanks again

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back