New BMF coming

Question for Tony @ Shapeways, I noticed in Jaitea's Hasbro mods that he added some additional parts and I borrowed his images for reference, and I wondered, if you could reproduce these in studio style for replacements ? The highlighted part pic #4 looks very toy like and I am not sure what part replaces it
View attachment 435451

TIA

Hi!

Well, of course I can reproduce the parts. By now I've a big list of parts to design, so I will add it to my job list.

Attention about the engine details because not all the details are accurate for the 32" Falcon.

About the highlighted part, Jaitea is the Master! He will tell you from where it comes.

Of course I can reproduce the original part from the SS 32" Falcon.

Hi!

Well, of course I can reproduce the parts. By now I've a big list of parts to design, so I will add it to my job list.

Attention about the engine details because not all the details are accurate for the 32" Falcon.

About the highlighted part, Jaitea is the Master! He will tell you from where it comes.

That will be awesome Tony :thumbsup I was hoping you could reproduce the highlighted part, because I know it will be a PIA to find it

Thank you :)

Hi!

Ha I'm no master Tony.....I don't have a clue what these parts are.....I was going to scratch build them......looks like suspension parts,.....likely F1???

Julien (MonsieurTox) will know.....he's reproduced this part on his 32" Studio Scale (FANTASTIC.......link)

I have a nice image of the proto master replica 32" which shows up the parts pretty well,.....this is gonna be my main reference for scratching it

IMG_2486.jpeg

John

For $30 bucks I had to go pick up another one. Figured this will give me an opportunity to do a few variations. Possibly the new style that will be in part VII

Ha I'm no master Tony.....I don't have a clue what these parts are.....I was going to scratch build them......looks like suspension parts,.....likely F1???

Julien (MonsieurTox) will know.....he's reproduced this part on his 32" Studio Scale (FANTASTIC.......link)

I have a nice image of the proto master replica 32" which shows up the parts pretty well,.....this is gonna be my main reference for scratching it

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/IMG_2486.jpeg

John
We should seriously just sign up with tony and have him ship us parts every month :) Build the Tony Falcon :)

Question for Tony @ Shapeways, I noticed in Jaitea's Hasbro mods that he added some additional parts and I borrowed his images for reference, and I wondered, if you could reproduce these in studio style for replacements ? The highlighted part pic #4 looks very toy like and I am not sure what part replaces it
View attachment 435451

TIA

These parts are from the Tamiya 1/20th Tyrrell P34, and the Tamiya 1/35th Flak 38.....Those are the primary bits that you need. They're not too expensive to pick up, and you'll find that both kits are loaded with donor pieces used on this Falcon

These parts are from the Tamiya 1/20th Tyrrell P34, and the Tamiya 1/35th Flak 38.....Those are the primary bits that you need. They're not too expensive to pick up, and you'll find that both kits are loaded with donor pieces used on this Falcon

The thing to remember is if these source parts were to be used they'd be 10% bigger on the Hasbro,.....I didn't mind the scale differences for the access pits etc,.....but these parts on top of the hull might look odd,.......best thing really would be to persuade Tony to design them or scratch them

J

The thing to remember is if these source parts were to be used they'd be 10% bigger on the Hasbro,.....I didn't mind the scale differences for the access pits etc,.....but these parts on top of the hull might look odd,.......best thing really would be to persuade Tony to design them or scratch them

J

I've bought several donor kits that the 32" uses and honestly....the size difference is really negligible

...unless you can get a spare Legacy BMF and cut the pits out from that and insert them into the HSMF.

J

I have some 32" castings AND a legacy Falcon. The size difference is enough for me to stop and say, "Self, .........that just dont look right there."

"Can shoot the wing off a gnat at 600 yards. That is a T1 Gnat, by the way..."
Calibrated eyeball!
I'm using ping-pong balls for the escape pods in my HAS-MF interior... as well as the pressure hulls in the AMT TIE fighter kits.
Regards, Robert
(suffering from random word association syndrome at the moment)

Have barely been on here for a bit, I'm painting what will be a prop room so its still important stuff :) @Timmythekid to answer your question you will indeed need to omit however much of the plywood as you need.

back375web.jpg
In this older pic you can see that's why the piece holding the two main parts at the back is so far from the back, if that's not enough then fit this piece first, measure and cut a new one further forward.

Have barely been on here for a bit, I'm painting what will be a prop room so its still important stuff :) @Timmythekid to answer your question you will indeed need to omit however much of the plywood as you need.

View attachment 436028
In this older pic you can see that's why the piece holding the two main parts at the back is so far from the back, if that's not enough then fit this piece first, measure and cut a new one further forward.

Gotcha, thanks muchly, SB - I was wondering how much you can get away with chopping away before risking her whole butt collapsing in on itself :) I bought some foam-core to mock it up before taking it to the plywood. The spacer piece looks like it's plenty far back, but it's the arms of the fore/aft supportst hat butt right against the engine which I'm thinking will need to be trimmed away a bit...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back