Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

"Good Morning America @GMA "That came with a hand, do you have that too?"
1f602.png

What are Rey & Luke's first words in #TheLastJedi!? @HamillHimself @StarWars #D23expo
1:49 PM - 16 Jul 2017 "

I don't know that Luke is that funny, but it sure would 'cut' the tension between him and Rey on the top of Ahch-To.

So, what other first lines could there be?....

I'll start us off: What do you mean you want to return it because it didn't come with a charger?

So true. They aren't making them for just older folks and they shouldn't be - these are kids films that have been perpetually embraced by adults, for good reason too. I wasn't in love with the last two new films, but my 7 year old boy was. I'm fed up with middle aged men (mainly) moaning about a kids fantasy film - nostalgia is a poisoned chalice, move along!

And there`s the rub. Can you make a Star Wars film for a new audience and not put some moaning middle aged men`s noses out of joint? Do they try?

Nostalgia may be a poisoned chalice, but in Stars Wars case it is a massive gold. jewel encrusted one paid for by those same noses.

And there`s the rub. Can you make a Star Wars film for a new audience and not put some moaning middle aged men`s noses out of joint? Do they try?

Nostalgia may be a poisoned chalice, but in Stars Wars case it is a massive gold. jewel encrusted one paid for by those same noses.

I wouldn't have any problem with that. I liked the new TFA characters (except Kylo "Hissy Fit" Ren), but thought the movie was maybe average. My problem is just the complete lack of cool ship designs. It's like they are putting in the D Team of design school flunkees to helm this series. I know it's not Lucas' absence because Rogue One's vehicles and ships looked like SW and were cool. Even if you hated the Prequels, they at least had cool designs in them.

In the new footage released, I thought I saw A-Wings. Now that I found it, I am wondering if there is anyone out there that can give some info on them. They DO seem to be different somewhat. Anyone?

I wouldn't have any problem with that. I liked the new TFA characters (except Kylo "Hissy Fit" Ren), but thought the movie was maybe average. My problem is just the complete lack of cool ship designs. It's like they are putting in the D Team of design school flunkees to helm this series. I know it's not Lucas' absence because Rogue One's vehicles and ships looked like SW and were cool. Even if you hated the Prequels, they at least had cool designs in them.

Design is as much a part of the legacy and journey as the characters and their stories and is one of the many reasons TFA didnt connect with me and why R1 did.

Will reset my attitude for this one as there has been one film from each of the OT and PT that is always hard to re watch for me so fingers crossed I`ve got that out of the way with the new trilogy.

The Falcon differences......TFA Falcon was just the Starboard side built, so they CG'd in the rest,...we know they've built the whole ship for TLJ,...so here's a comparison of roughly the same angle

Falcon Comparison.jpg

J

I agreed! I like the new characters except Kylo and my complain is that there are no new ships that is well designed. They should bring in Joe Johnston as consultant.

A few weeks ago I was saying to my buddy "I dunno man, I'm just not that excited about Episode 8... can't get hyped. Rogue One was so dull and lifeless it broke me"

And he said "Maybe you just need a good trailer or something..."

This behind the scenes re ignited it for me.... and it's simply because I give a **** about these characters. I still can't manage to care even a little about Rogue One characters... I even tried watching it again this weekend.

But then I see Finn, Rey, Poe, Kylo,

Fun characters I care about and look forward to seeing where the story takes them.

And with that one shot of Finn infiltrating the first order in uniform... maybe they'll do the "heist" attempted in Rogue on correctly.

I love how are hat is crooked, like she stole a poorly fitted uniform.

Of all the shots in the trailer, this is the one that made me get truly, emotionally, excited.

Finn was our Avatar for TFA... the guy going "what's happening here?! who's that?! Where do we need to go?!"

Looks like he's taken a step up... or I hope he is.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back