ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..)

So has anybody that used the static version manage a way to light it up. With the bolt in the bottom to hold the booster/sink knob section on there is only 1.75" if space which doesn't allow for a battery that I can find.

So has anybody that used the static version manage a way to light it up. With the bolt in the bottom to hold the booster/sink knob section on there is only 1.75" if space which doesn't allow for a battery that I can find.

This is what spirit supplied us with on his second run I believe it takes a 2223 watch battery
d79e1d0acb0615c77b8a588cdf0e9b3f.jpg
5d26790910f5e7eedc6acaaf973840a7.jpg

I thought I read in his 3rd run he was gauging interest if there was enough for electronic light up crystal kit like he supplied for the second run

Don't hold me too it though, I would just PM him see if he has a extra kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely!! thats why i have it at a angle, when vertical it opens the emitter right off. if for some reason you get a spring that isn't strong enough. the bolt i am using to hold the wind vane to the balance pipe is 2" long. i would get a 2-1/4 or 2-1/2" bolt and use spacers between the head of the bolt and the wind vane, this would compress the spring even more. but the spring i used has more then enough force!

Yeah it doesn't take much to spring it open... in fact when you're at the store choosing which toilet roll holder to buy, I would recommend selecting the one with the lightest spring.

For the bolts, I suggest buying two 2-¼" "crown flange bolts"... these are superior to standard bolts as they have a built in washer. (2-½" is too long and 2" is too short.) You will also need 2 matching washers...

Here is a link to the exact bolt you need: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bo...-Hex-Head-Grade-5-Flange-Bolt-91678/203623670

Since my skills are equal to zero, I would really appreciate if somebody can post a graphic tutorial about how to install the switch kit in a static Roman's saber or direct me in the right direction. I have the saber and I have the kit, but I don't know even where to start. Thanks in advance and sorry for the hassle!

Finally got an email response so got it and all good to go. Can finally get the CC weathered up and working. Now for my non weathered Fx, 2 MPP 2.0s, DV6, vintage ANH graflex, and all original Obi (when the grenade arrives from U.K.). Ugh, so much work to come.

Last edited:
Hey bud, last night I was going through all my pictures and found a picture of the wiring and what goes where

I'll post it here tonight once I get in

Are those the same switches that some folks use as their AUX switch on their Graflex blade holders? Under the slider, not the clamp card.

Awesome!! I really appreciate that :) Thanks again! :thumbsup
Hey bud, last night I was going through all my pictures and found a picture of the wiring and what goes where

I'll post it here tonight once I get in

Drool! Have you acquired everything for a real parts Obi? Well done!

Yes I have (or will have) a complete original parts Obi when my grenade arrives. Slight cheat by using a "snipped" male balance pipe but still original. But I don't want to bogart this thread, maybe I will post pics in my own when all stuff in hand.

In relation to this thread can it be verified that the battery for the pack is a 2223?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you SO much @halliwax!! I'm a visual guy too ;). I'll post the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tip! I'll do my best, given my limited skils :lol

Anytime bud, that's what we are all here for!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back