Anovos Tie Pilot Helmet has arrived

Not bad, looking! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Let's hope this means Anovos is getting its act together and filling old orders. When reading these forums, it's hard not to send in my resume to apply to be the Project Manager they so clearly need. ;)

If you really want to have the desire to kill yourself read up on that debate.

It's long and very involved.
I don't know why it is a debate at all. Do some say the actual props had white and others say silver? You would think someone that has seen a screen used one could end the debate.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I don't know why it is a debate at all. Do some say the actual props had white and others say silver? You would think someone that has seen a screen used one could end the debate.

I believe so but it's been a while. White with silver over it, etc.

All look silver to me.

I can not really remember just that is was a long debate.

There never has been a debate, some were white some were silver. Plenty of screen used examples here;

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-TIE-helmet-costume-overview.htm

Not to get in to any debate but ...:lol

I had messaged with Jez when he had the screen used helmet he photographed, he told me it was grey/silver. The helmet auctioned off at Christies was "two circular black and silver stickers". Many of the screen grabs of the helmets closely match the grey/silver paint. Many of the other screen helmets on Jez's site look grey/silver.

So for me Silver wins out :D

I had even heard that they were changed to white for ROTJ but I am not sure if thats true or not. Can't remember if any new shots of Tie pilots were done for ROTJ, I think I remember some running in the hanger?

So now we have a debate about the debate :D:lol:cheers Maybe I should have used the word discussion.:wacko

On a totally separate note is the pill box molded on and then the edge hand painted white????

The helmet looks awesome but, and please forgive me, that part does not look so good. Bad picture????

I had messaged with Jez when he had the screen used helmet he photographed, he told me it was grey/silver. The helmet auctioned off at Christies was "two circular black and silver stickers". Many of the screen grabs of the helmets closely match the grey/silver paint. Many of the other screen helmets on Jez's site look grey/silver.

I had even heard that they were changed to white for ROTJ but I am not sure if thats true or not. Can't remember if any new shots of Tie pilots were done for ROTJ, I think I remember some running in the hanger?

I think debate/discussion (whatever we call it) is good- keeps these forums going!

What I was looking at was the examples on Jez's site (that link I posted) which show a helmet with white cogs, and the screen shots with the silver.

Is it possible the Death Star pilots, with Vader had the white cogs and the silver was applied in the cockpit shots? I do seem to remember seeing somewhere that the silver was hastily applied paint on top of the existing cogs. Looking at some of the pics. it does give that impression.

I believe TK765 said the Anovos helmet has silver cogs. In some of the photos of the Anovos helmet, they look white. I guess the light reflecting off the silver and the exposure being for a mostly black helmet will easily cause the cogs to be too bright.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Well I heard that that the cogs were a sort of iridescent green/purple color, but due to the special coating on the stickers that reflected ambient light and camera flash, they appear silver or white in every digital or film image. But that's just what I was told... :behave

Well I heard that that the cogs were a sort of iridescent green/purple color, but due to the special coating on the stickers that reflected ambient light and camera flash, they appear silver or white in every digital or film image. But that's just what I was told... :behave

The original screen used ones have been on auction a few times. You can see if that's true or not.

img01.jpg

This looks pretty good, but I am no expert on the accuracy of this helmet. I have always wanted one, but the lack of the hero faceplate being in fan maker's hands had put me off.

I wish this came with the hoses and chest box!

Might go on the interest list, I usually prefer DIY type things but I reckon this is the only way to get an accurate face tie pilot.

I have a Sandprop helmet and it s really screen accurate. But it is very big to wear Can you Tell me measurement about Anovos ?( H ,W, L Probably W from greebies to greebies it s the most important ) Thank you!

I would say they are a gun metal colour, not silver. Or a grey/ silver as you described it above. But definitely not a pure silver.

I have compared the Anovos Tie Helmet to three other makers now and I think it's too large. It's the biggest of the four.
Very nice and shiny, but really big.

?? You were told that about the original cogs or the ANOVOS cogs?

I have compared the Anovos Tie Helmet to three other makers now and I think it's too large. It's the biggest of the four.
Very nice and shiny, but really big.
What makes you think the others are accurately sized? The TIE helmets are supposed to be big. Some makers make them smaller than others.

What makes you think the others are accurately sized? The TIE helmets are supposed to be big. Some makers make them smaller than others.

According to http://www.starwarshelmets.com the screen used Tie helmets are 12" wide. The Anovos measures 13" not much of a difference, but on an already oversized
helmet it shows. Compared to other helmets I've seen and compared it to, it just looks too big. I know they are supposed to be large, but I don't think it displays well with my other helmets.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back