Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I dont know much about JJ tbh. But I think killing Han was good, I think we needed a wake up, like this isnt Star Wars all over again, because in the plot it kinda was, to keep fans and Disney investors happy they had to go down the middle and try and please eveyone. So killing Han was like WHAT :eek NO YOU DIDNT and now we can move on with a new story with Han as a martyr for us all to want revenge on Kylo and Snoke.

And now Leia's gone too, well in Ep9.. sigh. If they kill Chewie off i will be mad, Chewie has to live forever, i dont want him having a Viking send off in a boat with Porgs crying. I think when Chewie goes so will the Falcon. I cant imagine one without the other.

I dont like Batman cuz the idiot never kills the Joker, i actually want the Joker to Kill Batman off haaaha! So i dont mind killing off characters from time to time, Darth, Boba, Obi-Wan.. lukes home BBQ disaster... its good to bring new characters in from time to time too. And while i miss Han he is coming back in his own movie.. which is rather good timing from Disney!

JJ Abrams had nothing to do with Han Solo dying. It was pre-determined by Harrison Ford, as a condition of him doing the film. Furthermore, I have no doubt that Disney got an agreement from Ford to do TFA, prior to purchasing Lucasfilm. And it was at that point, that Disney agreed to his demand to kill him off.

So, JJ and Arendt were instructed by KK when they hired, that Han would die at the end of the first movie. Just as they were instructed to do a stealth re-boot of ANH, only updated with new names and modern diversity sensibilities. This is a direct transcript from KK's first meeting with Abrrams and Arendt, "JJ, Michael, we just spent $4B to buy Star Wars, and we intend to get our money back--many times over. Toward that end, it's imperative the first film be a gargantuan success. So we're just going to re-boot ANH, only with different names for the characters. You see, we're not going to tell anyone it's a reboot, as that would murder us at the box office. But ANH is such a wonderful film, that broke every box office record when it came out. And we don't intend to try to re-invent the wheel. That was a 35 years ago, and we have a whole new generation to tap into. Don't worry about the fanboys who will recognize it as an obvious reboot--they'll give us their money for anything we slap the Star Wars label on to. Additionally, we would prefer that the role of Luke be played by a female, to jibe with modern sensibilities. But she's going to be stronger with the Force than Luke or Anakin or any man ever was--she will possess a facility with the Force immediately upon learning of its existence, with no training whatsoever. Also, Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Han Solo, but will be killed off nobly at the end of the film. So JJ, Michael, if you agree with our vision, we'd like to welcome you onto the team.". [She slides the contracts across the table to them--the two men squinting to see them through the blinding light of the interrogation lamps in their faces.]

The Wook

Last edited:
I dont know much about JJ tbh. But I think killing Han was good, I think we needed a wake up, like this isnt Star Wars all over again, because in the plot it kinda was, to keep fans and Disney investors happy they had to go down the middle and try and please eveyone. So killing Han was like WHAT :eek NO YOU DIDNT and now we can move on with a new story with Han as a martyr for us all to want revenge on Kylo and Snoke.

And now Leia's gone too, well in Ep9.. sigh. If they kill Chewie off i will be mad, Chewie has to live forever, i dont want him having a Viking send off in a boat with Porgs crying. I think when Chewie goes so will the Falcon. I cant imagine one without the other.

I dont like Batman cuz the idiot never kills the Joker, i actually want the Joker to Kill Batman off haaaha! So i dont mind killing off characters from time to time, Darth, Boba, Obi-Wan.. lukes home BBQ disaster... its good to bring new characters in from time to time too. And while i miss Han he is coming back in his own movie.. which is rather good timing from Disney!

I can go one further than that lol, Bruce waynes parents had it coming to them. They were parading round with fur coats, pearls and a tuxedo in an dirty allyway, with there young son. Thomas was an idiot. So its no wonder bruce wayne as batman cant kill off a raping mass murderer like the joker, he cant judge situations properly just like his old man.

Well, certain phrases are open to interpretation, such as " she is still kept alive by the franchise" could simply mean that as an actress we will always see her as Leia time and time again whenever we watch the films.
And (potential spoilers) ........

............ given there was a rumour that she was supposed to be attacked and rendered unconscious for much of the film this also runs contrary to the rest of the article. The fact he says he was in "many scenes" with her argues against this rumor, and she does seem to be playing a more central part in the Resistances fight against the FO in the pictures and articles since .
So its hard to tell. We've also heard that Luke gets to be the major focus of this film (and correctly so IMO) and that Carrie wanted IX to be "her" film. Now it sounds to me like they have finally found the way she will leave in VIII and the final edit of the film (bar some VFX) has been completed, so they can finish the complete Skywalker story arc for IX.
So it could be that the assassination attempt actually succeeds and Kenobi like she is one with the Force and perhaps we will get to hear just her voice later, using digital sampling to stitch new dialogue together.
Either way it sounds like they have managed to do justice to Carrie, Leia and the story so we may all get the send off she deserves. Whatever it is I suspect its going to choke me up more than a little bit.

Just reading your post got me choked up CT.

Man I hope they don't screw this up.

And if Luke is some crazy scared loser. Or anything other than awesome... at LEAST by the END of 8. I doubt I will care about ep9.

And if Rey is a nobody... or a virgence in the force I call BS. They spent too much time making us all go: "what if????" To have her just be a random nobody that is more powerful than Anakin out of the box... Her and snoke need to be explained in this movie imho. Maybe not like "midichlorians" were explained. But a sort of "I am your father" or "your father was seduced" moment...

By that I mean, "this is what happened to your parents" real quick, to the point. Who TF is she? Enough already!!!!

If episode 8 is great, I will probably view TFA in a brighter light... and actually want to watch it! as it stands, I've seen it less than EVERY OTHER STAR WARS MOVIE... including BOTH ewok movies... TFA was a fun ride in theaters. But when I try to watch it now I just get agitated with all the hints, suspense and baiting of what the hell is going on.

And don't EVEN say that it's just the same way ep4 was... I never felt as a kid that we were being teased that there was more information. The character and narrative just took you along for the ride.

You wanted to know more about "the clone wars" SURE! But the whole original movie just flat out made sense the FIRST time I saw it. TFA? The whole Rey and snoke... and why isn't it simply still the empire and rebellion..

Its obvious that it was all planned like a marketing stunt to make us "have to" go see episode 8... or buy 15 books and comics. And I just KNOW in my heart Disney and KK are going to keep that going through 9. And that TO ME... is just LAME AF.

And I honestly hate THAT aspect a LOT more than the whole soft reboot thing.

That and I HATED the show LOST and how it felt that even the creators and writers just threw random crap at the wall with NO direction as to what the "reality" of the whole situation actually was.

WHEW... rant over.

OldKen I don't think the analogy comparing ANH with TFA really works as ANH was a self contained story that had a very definitive end. TFA is a continuation of an existing story and has and open ending designed to lead to future films by design.

Last edited by a moderator:
ESB then? Again, more questions raised... but didn't feel like a marketing tease.

I just HATE suspense. I can't watch an episode of 24 for instance.

I don't need stuff spoon fed to me. But I hate a constant tease... reminds me of the structure of all soap operas. (Don't say SW is a "space opera! LOL!)

ESB then? Again, more questions raised... but didn't feel like a marketing tease.

I just HATE suspense. I can't watch an episode of 24 for instance.

I don't need stuff spoon fed to me. But I hate a constant tease... reminds me of the structure of all soap operas. (Don't say SW is a "space opera! 邏 LOL!)

LOL! I'm sort of wired the same which is why I seek out spoilers. Regarding Rey and Snoke, I do think their backstory and or lineage does matter. What I think people get wrong is that for them to matter they must be either a per-existing character we know in the case of Snoke, or a Skyywalkee/Kenobi/Solo in the case of Rey. That's what is creating this anxiety. Once all 3 films are out we will likely look back and say about these issues,"Oh, that makes sense".

@OldKen I don't think the analogy comparing ANH with TFA really works as ANH was a self contained story that had a very definitive end. TFA is a continuation of an existing story and has and open ending designed to lead to future films by design.

I was all ready to get up and leave the cinema but then Rey flew off past that awsome asteroid belt and punched it to Porg Island. Im glad they did show us a bit more though, we got to see Luke and ask lots more questions until the next film does arrive, as there was always going to be future Star Wars films, Disney paid $4 Billion and wants a return on it and they are made in trilogys, and the trialers always give us more before the next films anyways.

I can go one further than that lol, Bruce waynes parents had it coming to them. They were parading round with fur coats, pearls and a tuxedo in an dirty allyway, with there young son. Thomas was an idiot. So its no wonder bruce wayne as batman cant kill off a raping mass murderer like the joker, he cant judge situations properly just like his old man.

Haha yeah id forgot about his retarded parents :facepalm when i first saw that id thought they had faked their death to get rid of Wayne :lol

You didn't get the joke.. You honestly think I was charging someone with Wookiee racism? :facepalm

Some people dont realize its a dude in a fur costume..

Chewie was real though.. A long time ago, in a Glaxay far far Away :D

It seems to me that someone decided they needed a shadowy/mysterious puppet master (Snoke=Emperor) for the new bad guy in black (Kylo Ren=Darth Vader). No backstory even considered (let Johnson worry about that). The Emperor had no backstory because he was THE EMPEROR, he had an EMPIRE, what more do you need to be told?
SUPREME LEADER doesn't really explain anything. He isn't tyrannically ruling the Galaxy he's just the leader of the gang that is apparently a threat(?)
The political situation of the galaxy was explained through two scenes of ANH, in Ben's homestead and the DS meeting room. They also told us all we needed to know about Vader.
TFA avoided any politics through fear of the prequels and the scenes that may have clarified things, were cut which may have been for timing/pacing reasons but this and who TF is Snoke are gaping holes in the movie. They only get away with it because of the promise of more movies and a possible explanation.

Man I hope they don't screw this up.

And if Rey is a nobody... or a virgence in the force I call BS. They spent too much time making us all go: "what if????"

Its obvious that it was all planned like a marketing stunt to make us "have to" go see episode 8... or buy 15 books and comics. And I just KNOW in my heart Disney and KK are going to keep that going through 9. And that TO ME... is just LAME AF.

And I honestly hate THAT aspect a LOT more than the whole soft reboot thing.

That and I HATED the show LOST and how it felt that even the creators and writers just threw random crap at the wall with NO direction as to what the "reality" of the whole situation actually was.

WHEW... rant over.

Speaking of having no direction...

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/05/29/lucasfilm-no-plans-for-episodes-viii-ix-after-the-force-awakens/

SUPREME LEADER doesn't really explain anything. He isn't tyrannically ruling the Galaxy he's just the leader of the gang that is apparently a threat(?)

He can be Supreme Leader to the First Order. Hes allready created Star Killer Base with the intention of blowing up Planets, which he does, posing a great threat.

I like the fact we dont know too much about him yet. We know he had quite a few Star Destroyers around Star Killer, he may even have another Star Killer base or something much worse. TLJ shows us hes got AT-AT's, theres a war machine at work somewhere building a lot of seriously expensive stuff. Im looking forward to learning more about him and where he came from in future films.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back