Bandai release schedule

So revel are trying to sell a once great, but now redundant kit for a ridiculously silly high price that modellers have allready bought for WAY less and/or nobody wants anymore.

Is that actually reeeeally going to work? Seriously? Is there a Fine(molds) line between genius and madness? Or is this just desperation in the face of overwhelming Bandai Awesome!?

Attachments

• DC0k4cnV0AAiprG.jpg
    DC0k4cnV0AAiprG.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 370
So revel are trying to sell a once great, but now redundant kit for a ridiculously silly high price that modellers have allready bought for WAY less and/or nobody wants anymore.

Is that actually reeeeally going to work? Seriously? Is there a Fine(molds) line between genius and madness? Or is this just desperation in the face of overwhelming Bandai Awesome!?

Great picture.

I took a look at the Fine Molds 1/144 sprues. It is a nice kit, even against the Bandai. However, the price is madness. It's a fairly small kit and really not that complex.

Last edited:

Is that actually reeeeally going to work?

That is the question. Seriously, I'd really like to know who's gonna buy that, how many of them have been produced and how many of them have been sold after 1 year or so.

I took a look at the Fine Molds 1/144 sprues. It is a nice kit, even against the Bandai if you consider the Bandai isn't officially available in the UK. However, the price is madness. It's a fairly small kit and really not that complex.
My only real gripe with the fine molds 1/144 is the hull shape. Almost everything else can be fixed with aftermarket stuff

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wonder if revel feel under pressure to be seen to "produce" anything big/good (however unrealisticly/ridiculously priced) for fear of loosing the abilty to block other companies from selling in their license area? Bandai are very quickly producing a lot of really good quality kits, imo with such choice, mostly available nowhere else, it would make sense to have Bandai sell in Europe too.

I wonder if revel feel under pressure to be seen to "produce" anything big/good (however unrealisticly/ridiculously priced) for fear of loosing the abilty to block other companies from selling in their license area? Bandai are very quickly producing a lot of really good quality kits, imo with such choice, mostly available nowhere else, it would make sense to have Bandai sell in Europe too.
If a company doesn't have a license to sell in a region, I don't get why people get upset when the companies that do have a license don't want the other companies products to be sold there. Some regions have Revell and certain Bandai products. There can be overlap. In the US I can buy Revell x-wings and Bandai x-wings. From what I understand Revell cracked down on the flood of Bandai kits being imported before Bluefin got the distribution license. Now that isn't an issue. It's just a matter of a company getting the distribution rights unless Revell has an exclusive arrangement in some regions.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Revell just need to get out of the way. Their own kits a just ****ty and low of quality, and they have to get their chubby fingers on other company kits to have at least something special in their assortment ( that russian star destoyer, fine molds kits, ....heck not even the current 850+ parts Black Pearl is their creation )
They just should let go the Star Wars license and make the way free for undisturbed global Bandai distribution.

The whole idea of these "area" licenses is lost on me and seems extremely outdated. Im a Global Consumer. Whether i shop in the UK or Japan it makes no difference to me its all an instant mouse click away, i might as well be in a shop in Japan handing over Yen. Some things even arrive from Japan faster than from the UK.

Anyone buying a license to try and force me to buy their inferior products is ridiculous, because they bought a license to try and sell to me, they didnt buy me. I cant be bought like a cow to be milked. They dont own me, my money, or where i spend it around the world and they never will.

And looking at the pile of Bandai kits in my house.. im right on this one. I will even goto Japan if i have too, why should i be discriminated against because of where i was born and now live? I was born on Earth and i would very much like to buy some Awesome, Japanese made, fantasy Model Kits from a Galaxy Far Far Away....

....and i will :p

I got my Zvezda Boxed Black Pearl from a lovely Russian seller :thumbsup

Last edited:
I agree the regional licensing is outdated and should be changed. I have no idea if there is some legal reason that can't be done.

Even if Revell got out of the way, that doesn't give anyone else who doesn't have a license the ability to have their products distributed.

I would think Disney/Lucasfilm have alot of control over the area the licenses cover. Politics is also a factor in certain regions. Probably the only thing stopping a company like Bandai from being able to have their products distributed in certain areas is being willing to pay the cost for the necessary license. Licenses aren't free.

Obviously eBay and other online shops make restricting products to certain regions almost impossible. However availability in local stores can be controlled more.

Hey Gang,

I haven't been lurking too much lately (busy at work).

But are there any updates on the new falcon? I read that there would be a north american release, but do we know if that will be online order? or will I have to reserve one through a LHS?

Regardless, I now have the cash so I'd like to pull the trigger

From what I understand Revell cracked down on the flood of Bandai kits being imported before Bluefin got the distribution license. Now that isn't an issue. It's just a matter of a company getting the distribution rights unless Revell has an exclusive arrangement in some regions.

That's basically just gossip. If anything signs point to a company like Hasbro actually being the cause. BlueFin never got the license for the figure kit lines, and neither are they distributing the small mecha kits in addition to switching their standing figures to flats. Basically the Bandai kits were in direct competition with the 1/12 Black Series line and the small mecha kits and standing figures may have been seen as competition against the Mirco-Machines line and Titanium series. At least that's how it looks to me.

After all they can sell model kits. I don't think Revell really cares because their market is sales to places like Michaels', Wal Mart etc...

Revell just need to get out of the way. Their own kits a just ****ty and low of quality, and they have to get their chubby fingers on other company kits to have at least something special in their assortment ( that russian star destoyer, fine molds kits, ....heck not even the current 850+ parts Black Pearl is their creation )
They just should let go the Star Wars license and make the way free for undisturbed global Bandai distribution.

Actually I am glad Revell picked up distribution of other kits. They put out the Moebius kits to Europe and actually improved the decals for the kits in the process. They brought the Zvedza pirate ship and Star Destroyer from Russia.

I don't really see this as a problem.

As far as the Fine Molds stuff. Back before anyone knew what quality the Bandai kits were, Revell was being praised for picking up the Fine Molds line. Problem is they dropped the ball and took to long on capitalizing on it and just assumed Bandai would not deliver the same quality.

I agree with most people, regional licensing in this day and age are outdated. We truly have a global market that companies should learn to embrace. Unfortunately Disney is the king of outdated draconian copyright and licensing laws

Last edited:
Looks like the cape is like Phasma's, but the top part, I wonder what material that is? This needs a bunch of IG-100 or Battledroids to accompany it for a display, but Grievous looks great!

The Cape Top Part would appear to be plastic, as the four lightsaber handles can be seen above.

20170508194811.jpg

More shots of the Sprues and cape can be found here:

http://bandaihobby.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/05/10/120000

Beautiful Model Kit, Thank you Bandai :thumbsup

Last edited:
Man, I want a Grievous, but the wife just caught me looking at the sprue shots and reminded me how much I just spent on the 1/72 Falcon. No Grievous for me until after Christmas at the earliest. :cry

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back