Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Here is my latest attempt a molding the Lamborghini wheel. I remade my mold with a firmer RTV.

In the middle is the original wheel. On the left is a cleaned up casting. The right is a raw casting.

DSC07349_zps1ynlkmcn.jpg

I am casting them in a pressure pot but can't get rid of one stupid bubble...so frustrating. :angry If you look closely you see the blue tape pointing at it.

DSC07364_zpszilhpbzs.jpg

Be on the look out in the Junkyard.

I didnt really want to post pics yet but the proper size end mill for the slot on the top of the brass screw is coming from over seas. I replicated a Praco brass emitter screw and it came out pretty nice. I got a little impatient and cut the slot with a hacksaw, so its off center by a lot (and about half as thin as it should be). The threaded center hole on the replica looks too small since I didn't tap it yet. Once tapped the hole should open up and look better. The external threads are 8-32 like the original.

yoda brass.jpg

I didnt really want to post pics yet but the proper size end mill for the slot on the top of the brass screw is coming from over seas. I replicated a Praco brass emitter screw and it came out pretty nice. I got a little impatient and cut the slot with a hacksaw, so its off center by a lot (and about half as thin as it should be). The threaded center hole on the replica looks too small since I didn't tap it yet. Once tapped the hole should open up and look better. The external threads are 8-32 like the original.

View attachment 668870

you deserve credit for hacksawing such a precise cut. in some remodeled apartments like mine thats spot on :lol

I tried that hacksaw move! It worked out okay, but then I found a screw that works okay... a little thick, but everything on my bolsey version is a little off.

The one on the left is off a real praco so I used the measurements from that. .250" for the top part, .060" for thickness, .030" for the depth of slit, then the threads are 8-33 x .234" long. Inside is 3-48 threads
8-33 threads? Do you mean 8-32?

guys i was curious i was gathering my pieces to finish my yoda saber. i have everything but the brass screw used to hold the lambo wheel to the flash

anyone have any advice on what size screw to use?

guys i was curious i was gathering my pieces to finish my yoda saber. i have everything but the brass screw used to hold the lambo wheel to the flash

Without being able to source the info, I believe it was a 2-56 x 1/2" Oval Head Machine Screw. Someone else can correct me.

Danny, I might have an extra, if i do its all yours.

Ill check tonight when I get home, if I don't have one I think speedracersX is right about the size

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back