A Tale of Nine Balance Pipes - Journey COMPLETE!!

This seems to be the clip, but I can't get it to play here in New Zealand and I don't have the knowledge to use a VPN hider.
BBC 28April2016.png

Okay so, whatever netflix is using to kill VPN's these days, the BBC is using it as well... They could tell I'm a canuck though my computer is clearly enjoying high noon and laughing at dead pan humor.

I'm sure there's a UK guy on here who can just give it a view. In the mean time, I'll put it to my UK pals to check it out in case no one sees this for some reason.

Just watched the clip the guy is from Margate but the engine I don't think is correct as there are a larger number of tubes on this one. Couldn't see them all but in one shot there were 10 so at least a few more on the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

Make it 16 just done a recount.

Okay ... thanks Marv ... good to know.
Ridire Firean As far as I'm aware ... only a reviced Rolls Royce Derwent 8 Jet Engine has been know to have the 9 correct balance
pipes used for OB1's lightsaber :

RRDerwent8B.jpgoriginal_zpseiwntrwg.jpg

Chaim

Attachments

• RRDerwent8B.jpgoriginal_zpseiwntrwg.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 175
    426.8 KB · Views: 205
    426.8 KB · Views: 260
    426.8 KB · Views: 217
    426.8 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so, whatever netflix is using to kill VPN's these days, the BBC is using it as well... They could tell I'm a canuck though my computer is clearly enjoying high noon and laughing at dead pan humor.

I'm sure there's a UK guy on here who can just give it a view. In the mean time, I'll put it to my UK pals to check it out in case no one sees this for some reason.

I watch iPlayer in Japan, it works with a VPN if you keep trying. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I always go incognito/private and it works.

Paul Firbank @Sym-Cha

http://theragandboneman.co.uk/about/

Do you want screencaps?

If anything, he strikes me as somebody who could know what you're looking for. And he is internet literate and not a grumpy old git behind a trade desk sat on a box of treasure who you can never contact.

Last edited:
Okay ... thanks Marv ... good to know.
@Ridire Firean As far as I'm aware ... only a reviced Rolls Royce Derwent 8 Jet Engine has been know to have the 9 correct balance
pipes used for OB1's lightsaber :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/RRDerwent8B.jpgoriginal_zpseiwntrwg.jpeg

Chaim

I do believe the anti-stalling upgrade was made to both 8's and 9's, with more 9's being out in the field (probably) at the time of the upgrade. However, a confirmed 9 has not been found yet (or at least has not been publicly confirmed).

Paul Firbank @Sym-Cha

http://theragandboneman.co.uk/about/

Do you want screencaps?

If anything, he strikes me as somebody who could know what you're looking for. And he is internet literate and not a grumpy old git behind a trade desk sat on a box of treasure who you can never contact.

I'd love to see some screencabs of that Jet Engine in the One Show if you please? And indeed he'd be a great asset to gather fresh vintage OB1 parts from within the UK :)

Chaim

The mk9 has the parts as well as the 8... IF the upgrade was done.

Haveing completed taking king apart one almost completely now I could tell from looking on the outside now. But before no one knew or could help. I learned the hard way

@Ridire Firean As far as I'm aware ... only a reviced Rolls Royce Derwent 8 Jet Engine has been know to have the 9 correct balance pipes used for OB1's lightsaber :Chaim

Well phooey! Leave it to the Russians to copy the wrong one. Here's a couple in post 22 that might be nearing their 'end-of-service' life..
http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?86089-Unusual-Uses-For-Engines

I wonder how you tell the different versions apart from one another without getting a peek at the I.D. label?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back