ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

It looks like electrical hose on the comlink, It comes in many different sizes and when cut looks the same as that side edge shot.

The top fin looks either deformed rubber or melted here:

If the Hovi Mix is visible here in heavily compressed 1080p screenshots, it should be even clearer on the Bluray.

That very well could be melted something, or even a clear glue maybe. It does look similar to model glue. Maybe that's another indicator the pieces are resin or plastic? I don't think model glue holds to metal too well.

I'm anxiously awaiting the Blu-ray release, I have a feeling there's going to be a bunch of great new things to see! :love

-Carson

Here's a picture of the grill with thinner, squared fins. Looks much better, but I noticed something in the picture below that may show some hint of pointed/chamfered fins. What does everyone else think?

yNEgKLl9.png

Anybody happen to have a really good photo of the Grill fins?

oJqOcbQN.png

-Carson

Last edited:

If its this piece than this these are the fins.
fins.jpg

I think if the original was an injection molded part, then the fins most likely had a slight draft or taper to let it release from the mold. 1-2 degrees. In reality, they will look flat but be more correct I think.

Is the white part of the comlink inserted in the black Merr Sonn piece or glued on over it.

If inside, the wall thickness must be very thin. If outside, than that explains the glue and uneven circumference.

If it was slipped inside I think it would look neater.

Anyone know what that white piece is? Are they available?

Can't quite read the printing on it.

anhcomlink1.jpg

It's hard to tell, but there could be slightly pointed fins in that photo too. Maybe another good picture around?

The white piece on the comlink from what I've heard says Hovi Mix Pa 2, and I don't think it has been found yet. But other pictures of it really make it look like a sink aerator of some sort, and I think that's what most people think it is. It's also the same type of aerator used on allot of the trooper helmets.

P.S. If anybody has any measurements of a real Aerator, those would be super helpful for getting a more accurate diameter for the grill. :thumbsup

-Carson

Last edited:

There is no way you're going to see an angle like that on such a blurred photo. I believe what you're seeing here is the top face of the rings. Think 'rings of Saturn'!

Here's a picture of the grill with thinner, squared fins. Looks much better, but I noticed something in the picture below that may show some hint of pointed/chamfered fins. What does everyone else think?

Anybody happen to have a really good photo of the Grill fins?

anh_herofins.png

-Carson

I think this is the pic Lonepigeon posted of the Merr Sonn blaster. Is this the T Track in this Merr Sonn photo? Trying to get my bearings.

isthisthettrack.jpg

Here's another possible area to check out while we're thinking about it. I know radial engine cylinders have been researched, but what about model/RC engines? There may be some made in the correct size area we're looking for.

I saw some on a site that bear striking resemblances to the SW Grill pieces, but of course nothing exact yet. Allot of them look to have straight squared fins too.

Q0SthhsO.png

-Carson

Last edited:

SHIII.... that really is too much of a coincidence.
Here's another possible area to check out while we're thinking about it. I know radial engine cylinders have been researched, but what about model/RC engines? There may be some made in the correct size area we're looking for.

I saw some at the very bottom of this page that bear striking resemblances to the SW Grill pieces, but of course nothing exact yet. Allot of them look to have straight squared fins too.

-Carson

Last edited:

I've emailed the guy to ask if he recognizes the SW part.

Good idea, there may be a pretty good chance he could know something.:thumbsup I'm very curious/anxious what his reply will be..

Getting closer..;)

-Carson

Last edited:

With the help of Keith and Kurtyboy (Marcus) We can confirm the size of the Hovi - Mic tips and compare them to the Merr Sonn and Grill parts.

The drawing below shows how the sizes compare our Grill sizing for the HERO. Seems to be very accurate when based on the C96 dimensions provided by Dcarty (Dave).

Now we can accurately replicate the parts... even though we still don't know what they are!

hovicomlinksizecopy.jpg

Thank you Keith and Marcus very much for getting those sizes! They are helping out a great deal. :thumbsup

-Carson
With the help of Keith and Kurtyboy (Marcus) We can confirm the size of the Hovi - Mic tips and compare them to the Merr Sonn and Grill parts.

The drawing below shows how the sizes compare our Grill sizing for the HERO. Seems to be very accurate when based on the C96 dimensions provided by Dcarty (Dave).

Now we can accurately replicate the parts... even though we still don't know what they are!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back