Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Keep checking Plamoya.com, they tend to pop up there for about $28 before shipping.

Thanks a ton man for the tip! Just scored two black/amber and a clear/blue PKD for $110 shipped. Not bad....Not great, but I'll take what I can get compared to the alternative prices!!!

I think they do the opposite and actually list LESS stock than they have to prevent that. I, too, thought I bought the last one, then they had more the next day.

-Nick

Decided to check the site just as you said that and voila... they have the silver back in stock. :p

EDIT: Black is now back in stock as well.

Last edited:
Just finished my water pistol. You'll be getting sick of seeing them! :)

A big call-out to a couple of people - CandyKiller for his advice via PM, Lerch for his very descriptive build log...and last, but not least...829japan for helping me get my hands on one (make that two!) :)

Really happy with how it turned out - got the weight up to about 650 grams, which feels nice in the hand. Apologies for the photos - taken with my iPad in low light.

tYS6ie8l.jpg

K3gUQZhl.jpg

npr0shGl.jpg

02MUgk8l.jpg

Krbx3SSl.jpg

khIYJtll.jpg

7VDOJm3l.jpg

Cheers,
Craig.

That looks stunning mate, really nice job on the paintwork. How do you get the receiver so shiny?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys. :)

RLD9K - receiver was primed with Tamiya Fine Grey (rattle-can), then base-coated with Tamiya Gloss Aluminium (also rattle-can), then weathered with graphite powder (as per Lerch's build log). Amazin' stuff that graphite powder. :)

Been working on my repaint for about a week now. The grips seemed pretty snugged down, and I didn't want to chance cracking them getting them off there, so I just left them as is. At the moment the paint job is pretty much as issued, but I might give it a pass or two of weathering in a couple days. A big thanks to everyone on this thread for their build/paint tips.
Blaster.jpgBlaster02.jpg

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

Started my build here's what I have done so far:

-Taken the grips off (they came off super easy)
-Hollowed out the tank
-Hollowed out the front of the receiver
-Taken the water pistol components out
-Swapped out the barrel for the orange cap
-Started filing the seams and prepping the whole thing with some 000 for primer

I did plan on splitting it but it just wasn't coming off, no matter how careful I was it started to crack and break parts off , luckily they were easily fixed but I didn't want to risk it.
This means my plans for having the magazine come off and having it light up have gone down the drain but i'm fine with that.

Looks good, man :thumbsup

can i ask how sturdy the blaster is once the grips plastic is removed?

Also the seam where the barrel meets the orange tip looks very sharp. Was that done with just a dremel and files?

Looks good, man :thumbsup

can i ask how sturdy the blaster is once the grips plastic is removed?

Also the seam where the barrel meets the orange tip looks very sharp. Was that done with just a dremel and files?

thanks! yeah the blaster isn't very sturdy without the grips and the tank removed and actually for the barrel I wanted precision and a slow working time so I marked the cutoff line with some tamiya tape and used some really small model hand saws and was just really careful, I then just lightly used some needle files to get rid of the seam and then used 000 steel wool to buff out the files scratch marks and it looks nice and clean

Okay cool. I was curious if I'd need to make a frame to slide into the grip section for stability

and I'll have to go hit the model/hobby shop for some new tools. I also needed some of that Tamiya tape, so 2 birds.

thanks for the help and tips, mate. Much appreciate matherton

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back