Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Hey guys,

Very new to this (never done one) and more or less finished the helmet to practice.
progress http://imgur.com/ksZRb1S

I'd like to do keep chugging along with the V1 files to practice.

What order do you think I should do the parts? Has anyone else done most of v1 ; any suggested order? Its pretty daunting but fun! Helmet came out better than I thought it would.

Dark, really nice work ; have any of the v2 been released or are you planning on letting them all out at once?

Took me the whole season of Mr. robot to do it lol.

Thank you very much for your help, I made at first the arm (by means of my grandfather ) and I would make certainly the rest for the next holidays ;)
Sorry, we don't see very well on this photo ^^
242 - Copie.JPG

just wanted to post back a few pics of my suit. rushed it toward the end to get it finished in time for halloween. I will be going back and fixing or remaking some parts to make it better but for now it's done. My suit is a hybrid but most of the files i used were Darksides. Learned a lot from the forums and have found a new hobby. Thanks again Darkside! 20151029_223844-1[1].jpg20151030_201211[1].jpgfacebook_14462604798161[1].jpg

Thank you Darkside501st! I had not done any foam builds before and decided to do a last minute Ironman for Halloween (Started October 17th). Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to complete the costume, however, I still got most of it done and it turned out fantastic!
20151031_183115-1.jpgreceived_10153229130088786.jpegreceived_10153229130213786.jpeg

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

What do the half circles represent on the pepakura
Sorry new too this

Hi guys I was wondering if you could help me please

A month or so ago I started to build the mark 7 from files at this start of this forum but I'm struggling to get the sizing right I'm 5ft 8" and I used the scale range as quoted for my height with a bit extra for the fibreglassing etc and it came up way to small so I decided to have a go at scaling the abs width wise but its working out at a scale of 31.748645 which is for someone over 7ft I'm guessing looking at the chart so anybody got any hints or tips for me on the best way to scale so that It actually fits

Thanks Guys

Hi guys I was wondering if you could help me please

A month or so ago I started to build the mark 7 from files at this start of this forum but I'm struggling to get the sizing right I'm 5ft 8" and I used the scale range as quoted for my height with a bit extra for the fibreglassing etc and it came up way to small so I decided to have a go at scaling the abs width wise but its working out at a scale of 31.748645 which is for someone over 7ft I'm guessing looking at the chart so anybody got any hints or tips for me on the best way to scale so that It actually fits

Thanks Guys
In the end you have to check fit before you resin , etc. I am a bit stocky so i ran into the same issues. Some parts would fit perfectly lengthwise but not fit around. I had to add to arms and legs to get the right fit before i resined. The trick to it is to try to add equally to both sides of the piece to keep it symmetrical. Also the measuring feature in pepakura is pretty accurate, so i tended to use my measurements and added 1/4 -1/2". Hope this helps.

I am currently looking into an alternative program to Pep designer where you will get more functionality than you ever had with Pep Designer and my 3D models will be truly protected with encrypted files.

Finally finished building my 3d printer, going to start printing in the next few weeks. Super excited I'll post pics as they come along

Hey guys, i'm new to crafting. I have an issue: How do you fit the parts within the page border? Since the IM helmet can only be open on viewer and i'm using scale of 1.0 (Letter). The parts are out of line. Thanks for the help!
Untitled.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back