back to the future nike mag scratch build wip (pic heavy)

So I have finished the underside of my new custom soles. I went back to my reference pics and had to slim them a bit as well as increase the angles of the part where the inner wings attach. I also butchered one of the V1 soles where I cut the middle flat part out and this allowed me to lay the vertical boarder out flat for a template of the profile.

So I have finished the underside of my new custom soles. I went back to my reference pics and had to slim them a bit as well as increase the angles of the part where the inner wings attach. I also butchered one of the V1 soles where I cut the middle flat part out and this allowed me to lay the vertical boarder out flat for a template of the profile.
have you sealed the edges of your core flute? because i just realized what that material is, and when you seal it with something ( like to close off the hole ish things on the side of that board) that could add some size to your material, even if it just might be a little, i think that could cuase some trouble fitting the outsoles to your scratch mid soles

Not yet. I am thinking of using some of the urethane to coat the parts. I keep checking the fit ever time I make a change or add something.

ok, so i decided that the vid i posted today was actually more of a why, instead of a how, so i will be shooting a version 2 of the video tomorrow, actually going in depth of what my plan is for the build

Look forward to it :)

I have that "Venus leather", the #40 poly spun super strong thread and worked out the tensions on my light industrial sewing machine. So whilst time is a factor, am hoping to make a start on some more accurate uppers soon.

Look forward to it :)

I have that "Venus leather", the #40 poly spun super strong thread and worked out the tensions on my light industrial sewing machine. So whilst time is a factor, am hoping to make a start on some more accurate uppers soon.

I'm rooting for your project with making accurate uppers. I have an idea if you achieve it and want to sell. I want to get some HCs just for the soles and heel cups. Then use the new uppers, your clear soles, and cloneprops ankle buckle. I think I also saw you say something about making accurate ankle bubbles. Also if you get the NIKE and MAG letters on the market I would use those as MPs aren't 100% accurate. I will make my own swoosh as the size will differ depending on the size of shoe. Put those all together and there will be a pretty impressive pair of MAGs.

Last edited:
Are the heel cups the same size on all sizes of the RDs?

Based on some of the scalings I've done, the smallest size heelcup is around 75.72mm tall and the largest is around 87.56mm tall.

The letters also vary in size, It's just tougher to get millimeters accuracy on scaling since they wrap over a curve. So I haven't figured out their size.

-Nick

TheNickFox given the heel cups are the same size on the V2 from us8 to us13, I figured we can probably get away with the same size on the custom upper. There are many things wrong with the HC mid sole to worry too much about the heel cup size.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back