Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

any update on the unfold? you said you're pretty picky, does that mean no overlapping tabs and such? I want to print this out with a Silhouette Cameo or similar machine that will hack up the pieces if there are overlapping tabs. Thanks again! So excited for this!

Amazing amazing work bro! Sorry if this was asked before but is anyone planning on adding the weapons (thigh, shoulder, and arm rockets, and wrist tri-laser)? If so, please share with us some ideas! Thx

-edit-

Also, the finished model looks like it has really nice joint and shoulder covers! Would these be usable for foam building or is it just for rubber/flexible 3D-printing?

Last edited by a moderator:
any update on the unfold? you said you're pretty picky, does that mean no overlapping tabs and such? I want to print this out with a Silhouette Cameo or similar machine that will hack up the pieces if there are overlapping tabs. Thanks again! So excited for this!

I don't have an update yet. I will let you all know when I hear something.

Amazing amazing work bro! Sorry if this was asked before but is anyone planning on adding the weapons (thigh, shoulder, and arm rockets, and wrist tri-laser)? If so, please share with us some ideas! Thx

-edit-

Also, the finished model looks like it has really nice joint and shoulder covers! Would these be usable for foam building or is it just for rubber/flexible 3D-printing?

As far as the joint covers... the model can be used to make them from foam as well as pepakura or 3D printing (as a base to be molded and cast in rubber). Whichever floats your boat.

I don't have an update yet. I will let you all know when I hear something.

As far as the joint covers... the model can be used to make them from foam as well as pepakura or 3D printing (as a base to be molded and cast in rubber). Whichever floats your boat.
Ah so in the end they ideally would be in rubber, ok. Haven't looked into that a lot but for this suit I'm sparing little expense so ill prolly try my hand. Thanks.

Ah so in the end they ideally would be in rubber, ok. Haven't looked into that a lot but for this suit I'm sparing little expense so ill prolly try my hand. Thanks.

It is really up to you. There are several different ways to make the joints. One is not necessarily better than another. Sometimes one joint would be better made one way while another joint would work better using a different method. Look at the other IM builds and see what worked for them.

I think the foam files will be done pretty soon. Stay tuned.

Yeah... it would be so great for waiting, but I'm not sure because even though my height is 163 cm (5'41") and I use a generally scale of 0.95 (5'3" - 5'4" between scale 22 - 23) the helmet it's still too big for me :unsure

I have measuring with feel unsure:
- Height of my head through the flat front face about 230mm (closed mouth) and about 235-240mm (opened mouth)
- Width about 170mm
- And circumferences about 22"

I'am still a bit confuse about the helmet size

Thanks before

Just checking in.
Waiting "patiently" for paper build unfold as I have stopped work on my V1 and will wait.

Hopefully some thing soon..... :)

thanks again Mike for all your excellent effort

Mike, Fantastic work my friend. I have begun my build, started with the helmet first, figured if I set the bar for quality and accuracy high with the helmet I would follow suit on the rest of the suit. This suit will mainly be for display in the ol' Man Cave, but I want it wearable ofcourse cause whats the point of having a suit if your never going to try it on? However, because it will mainly be for display I am very interested in "frills" pieces for the joints (Shoulder, Elbow, Knees) and the neumatic pistons and what not. I like complete accuracy where possible. When these files for foam/pep are done, will they be added to the first post of this thread? I know its early however, I just want to be able to find them wihtout reading through many pages of awesomeness.

Yeah... it would be so great for waiting, but I'm not sure because even though my height is 163 cm (5'41") and I use a generally scale of 0.95 (5'3" - 5'4" between scale 22 - 23) the helmet it's still too big for me :unsure

I have measuring with feel unsure:
- Height of my head through the flat front face about 230mm (closed mouth) and about 235-240mm (opened mouth)
- Width about 170mm
- And circumferences about 22"

I'am still a bit confuse about the helmet size

Thanks before

You should use the tester helmet file to figure out what scale you need. You will be able to open that in Pep Designer and use the measurement tool to see what the width, height, and depth is. Then you can even print it out and build the tester to see how well it fits. Make sure to leave room on the inside for your construction method. Once you settle on a scale you can select that scale from the v2 helmet files.

Just checking in.
Waiting "patiently" for paper build unfold as I have stopped work on my V1 and will wait.

Hopefully some thing soon..... :)

thanks again Mike for all your excellent effort

Yeah, I am checking up with the member I selected to unfold the model... keep in mind they are working on the whole thing all at once... not just one part there, take a break, then another part, etc. It is a lot of work so please be patient as they are doing you all a great service... without them it would take a much longer time to get the files.

I did hear back from JFcustom who is unfolding the foam files and he is nearly done.

Mike, Fantastic work my friend. I have begun my build, started with the helmet first, figured if I set the bar for quality and accuracy high with the helmet I would follow suit on the rest of the suit. This suit will mainly be for display in the ol' Man Cave, but I want it wearable ofcourse cause whats the point of having a suit if your never going to try it on? However, because it will mainly be for display I am very interested in "frills" pieces for the joints (Shoulder, Elbow, Knees) and the neumatic pistons and what not. I like complete accuracy where possible. When these files for foam/pep are done, will they be added to the first post of this thread? I know its early however, I just want to be able to find them wihtout reading through many pages of awesomeness.

Thank you. I am so glad you like my work. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we would all love to see your progress on the suit so if you don't mind sharing then I would love to have you post up some pics in this thread. To answer your question, Yes, when the files are ready I will be updating the first post and the title of the thread so everyone knows at first glance that the v2 files are ready to go.

Thanks Mike, would rather it be great than quick...
...and I am being as patient as is possible. :p

thinking about the under shoulder parts, and the inner elbow, back knees:
I am using Mockles dragon skin for the wrist ribs (had fingers too, but my fat fingers don't wanna play ball)
Want something that is a bit easier to work with (color, etc)
Might pep out the part, resin/glass/bondo, then create a mold in plaster.
then do a latex slip cast. use some dye to color the latex, and perhaps repaint later with latext paint..

anyone have any better thoughts/ideas?
I am REALLY limited by what materials I can get hold of here in Malaysia.

cheers
Chris

You should use the tester helmet file to figure out what scale you need. You will be able to open that in Pep Designer and use the measurement tool to see what the width, height, and depth is. Then you can even print it out and build the tester to see how well it fits. Make sure to leave room on the inside for your construction method. Once you settle on a scale you can select that scale from the v2 helmet files.

Can you scale it to 0.93 for me? I use a foam file.
it wiil be my pleasure.

Oh...and I forget, foam version doesn't have scaled 0.95 yet (I use the pepakura then applying it for foam)

Thanks before

Thank you. I am so glad you like my work. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we would all love to see your progress on the suit so if you don't mind sharing then I would love to have you post up some pics in this thread. To answer your question, Yes, when the files are ready I will be updating the first post and the title of the thread so everyone knows at first glance that the v2 files are ready to go.

Sounds good Mike, BTW here are some pictures of my work shop ( a build in and of itself) that I built under my deck, still under construction and a few projects I am currently working on, Obviously the Mk 7, a TDK Suit, and a MasterChief Suit. I like to have more than one project going on at a time so if I get bored with one or I am at a stage where I have to let something cure, (Bondo, Resin, Primer, Paint Etc) I can keep the progress moving forward. So onto some pictures.

3.jpg4.jpg The workshop
6.jpg Batman Begins... or starts....I mean, Batman Beginning
5.jpg The smaller Iron Man Helmet was my first attempt at pepakura and my non existent attempt at Scaling... to think my big ass head would fit in there. HA!
Finally, This weekends progress...
1.jpg
7.jpg9.jpg11.jpg12.jpg
So thats where I am at currently.

Can you scale it to 0.93 for me? I use a foam file.
it wiil be my pleasure.

Oh...and I forget, foam version doesn't have scaled 0.95 yet (I use the pepakura then applying it for foam)

Thanks before

Ok, I assume you are talking about the A4 paper size because the Letter paper size has both of those scales already. ;) I just uploaded a .93 and .95 in the A4 foam files.

Sounds good Mike, BTW here are some pictures of my work shop ( a build in and of itself) that I built under my deck, still under construction and a few projects I am currently working on, Obviously the Mk 7, a TDK Suit, and a MasterChief Suit. I like to have more than one project going on at a time so if I get bored with one or I am at a stage where I have to let something cure, (Bondo, Resin, Primer, Paint Etc) I can keep the progress moving forward. So onto some pictures.
The workshop. Batman Begins... or starts....I mean, Batman Beginning
The smaller Iron Man Helmet was my first attempt at pepakura and my non existent attempt at Scaling... to think my big ass head would fit in there. HA!
Finally, This weekends progress...

So thats where I am at currently.

Everything looks great! Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing. ;) I am looking forward to seeing more.

Ok, I assume you are talking about the A4 paper size because the Letter paper size has both of those scales already. ;) I just uploaded a .93 and .95 in the A4 foam files.

Everything looks great! Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing. ;) I am looking forward to seeing more.

No doubt friend. More as it develops. I am also working on a mark 7 in foam of my 10 year old son matt for Halloween. Any tips or suggestions? Never done foam... #learningcurve

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back