TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Quick question, do we know what type Graflex 3 Cell was used? Folmer? Graflex Inc? Obviously the bottom covered in the movie, but as the flashes were purchased from a forum member that gives us a clue.

In the photo that Chaim shared a while back, there were four of the flashes provided to production. One of them was a Folmer (no patent) and two were the Graflex Inc with patent. I couldn't tell on the last one.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237477&p=3863398&viewfull=1#post3863398

Quick question, do we know what type Graflex 3 Cell was used? Folmer? Graflex Inc? Obviously the bottom covered in the movie, but as the flashes were purchased from a forum member that gives us a clue.

i think your only worry it to match the red button knurling. it seems they covered the bottom with metal or a metallic sticker so the wording/numbers can't be seen. if i was doing a TFA tribute i wouldn't worry about the bottom as i would cover it.

if i was dong a launch bay tribute now thats a different story

Hi guys old topic I'm sure I replaced by korbanth fake glass eye with a replica real one now I need a longer rentention screw that's above it to hold my blade plug I can find them any wear can some tell me were to buy and not 100 of them lol it's a 4 40 screw correct? And length to hold a plug?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
Hey guys :)

I'm currently working on a website I named Graflex Bank, in which I'm trying to collect everythig there is to know about the Graflex saber and all it's versions, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a helping hand? I know there are a few sites with a lot of information, but there is nothing complete that I have seen. Especially anywhere gathering everything in this thread.

Do you have any links that might be helpful that I may not know of? Also if I remember correctly, some of you have a personal document with a lot of information on it too? Is this something some of you would be willing to share with me? :) I will obviously credit everyone helping out!

I would greatly appreciate any help! It's probably best to private message me rather than respond, as this is only kinda sorta relevant to this thread (Is there anywhere more relevant?)

Anyway, cheers :)

Hey guys :)

I'm currently working on a website I named Graflex Bank, in which I'm trying to collect everythig there is to know about the Graflex saber and all it's versions, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a helping hand? I know there are a few sites with a lot of information, but there is nothing complete that I have seen. Especially anywhere gathering everything in this thread.

Do you have any links that might be helpful that I may not know of? Also if I remember correctly, some of you have a personal document with a lot of information on it too? Is this something some of you would be willing to share with me? :) I will obviously credit everyone helping out!

I would greatly appreciate any help! It's probably best to private message me rather than respond, as this is only kinda sorta relevant to this thread (Is there anywhere more relevant?)

Anyway, cheers :)

I have some information concerning metallic composition I collected using a handheld x-ray spectrometer (yeah, I'm a physics geek). Everybody else knows more about everything else, but if that info turns out to be unique you can PM me and I'l try to summarize it for you.

Joe

I have some information concerning metallic composition I collected using a handheld x-ray spectrometer (yeah, I'm a physics geek). Everybody else knows more about everything else, but if that info turns out to be unique you can PM me and I'l try to summarize it for you.

Joe

Feel free to message me a summarization! I probably wont understand most of it but I'll have it up on the site eventually!

Hey guys!
I've got an update on my transparent clamp cards. :)
The last batch in brass came out really, really well. The etching is very crisp now and I managed to get rid of all the tiny pinholes. The next step is to cut the board into individual clamp cards. I'm getting there! Next week I can show you pictures of the finished cards.

cards.jpg

I also created my own clamp cover with cut groves instead of stamped ones. I prefer the look of cut grooves and went over some of the available images of the prop saber... Especially in the wired photos it looks like the grooves are cut into the cover. I also prefer the look because it looks a bit more defined. :)

cover-1.jpgcover-2.jpg

Hey guys!
The last batch in brass came out really, really well. The etching is very crisp now and I managed to get rid of all the tiny pinholes. The next step is to cut the board into individual clamp cards. I'm getting there! Next week I can show you pictures of the finished cards.

View attachment 684509

I also created my own clamp cover with cut groves instead of stamped ones. I prefer the look of cut grooves and went over some of the available images of the prop saber... Especially in the wired photos it looks like the grooves are cut into the cover. I also prefer the look because it looks a bit more defined. :)

View attachment 684513View attachment 684514

Will you be offering the clamp covers with cut grooves for sale?

Hey guys!

View attachment 684509

View attachment 684513View attachment 684514

glad to see your still cracking away at it!! do you plan on doing a run of cards and bands?

I thought about it, but decided against it. Partly because I couldn't find a way to get the price down, and partly because I don't want to step on any toes. I'll let someone else do it. :)

Well it's been a year since the movie came out and no one yet makes a full-thickness clamp cover with cut grooves, so...:unsure

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back