Bandai release schedule

The crashed Star Destroyer on Jakku shows that there is some power source needed to keep it afloat like in Rogue One

Not necessarily. Ships crash in battle for any number of reasons.

I'm not saying what is better or worse or right or wrong, I'm just saying that based on what we see on screen it seems pretty clear that either a) repulsor-lifts are a passive technology that don't require a massive amount of constant energy or the technology is so robust that failures are rare to the point of being non-existent. No one would live on Cloud City or casually use floating landing platforms if a general power failure meant instant death.

I'm okay with capital ships operating in atmospheres in Star Wars. The Devastator hanging over Jedha in R1 was pretty sweet. Star Trek less so. The Enterprise should keep it's ass--embly in space. But really, repulsor-lifts work based on whatever the script demands at that moment. :cheers

I swear to god that the gunship must be the most requested prequel ship out there.

HERE MY WORDS BANDAI!

It would be fantastic to have in 1:48 (or even 1:72) but I am afraid would would get flats for Troopers. It just not look right empty.

It had some great variants in the Clone Wars series, search lights instead of those sperical gun pods, wild hull color designs...

Absolutely. Who wouldn't want two or three of them?

And it's so conducive to dioramas.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just want some to recreate that scene of them coming in landing like helicopters in Vietnam. That diorama pretty much builds itself. I think the Prequel haters have guaranteed no more official products of any kind from the Prequels though.

I just want some to recreate that scene of them coming in landing like helicopters in Vietnam. That diorama pretty much builds itself. I think the Prequel haters have guaranteed no more official products of any kind from the Prequels though.
I like the idea of using the landed troops' ziplines to hold a gunship in the air. Make them out of spring steel or something

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think the Prequel haters have guaranteed no more official products of any kind from the Prequels though.

Oh, I don't think that's the case. Bandai released Grievous and the Jedi starfighter (much too small) in the last 4 months and a battledroid and clonetroopers before that. The issue in terms of timing is the fact that every year now they have to devote 4-5 new releases to support whatever movie is coming out. They barely have TLJ kits out and in six months they're going to need Solo kits ready. Of course, I'd like more parity between OT and PT releases, especially now that the 1/72 Falcon itch has been scratched, but truthfully we're more likely to see a 1/72 Cloud Car before we get a Republic Gunship. There will be more PT releases -- just maybe not as many or as quickly as you and I may like.

I never thought about it before, but I actually really like the B-wing's S-foils in that angled configuration rather than in the fully open crucifix position. Kinda wish they had done that for real.
I do too; it somehow makes it look "sportier" and maybe more aggressive.

To me, the five gear version is a design compromise necessitated by the realities of 20th century Earth engineering. The Falcon itself is a product of an endless set of compromises, but Lucas, Johnston, and McQuarrie designed the ship for three gears and it's only because of Lucas' desire to build the entire ship full-size that they had to add extra gear just to keep the set from falling apart. If in1978-79 they'd had better construction techniques, stronger materials, or if digital technology had existed that allowed them to digitally erase any support posts, the extra gear boxes never would've been added. I don't mind them, and I have nothing but respect for anyone who feels they make the ship look better, but to me they take away from the graceful arc of the lower hull.
View attachment 778266
Y'know, I've been a Star Wars fan since before Star Wars became known as "Episode IV: A New Hope". But I never really paid much attention to the whole "A New Hope vs. The Empire Strikes Back Millennium Falcon" debate. To me, they're the same ship--who cares about a few minor differences? So, since A New Hope is my favorite movie from the franchise and the one that introduced us to the Falcon, I decided that was my favorite version. But your comment about "the graceful arc of the lower hull" actually got me thinking about it, so I looked at comparison photos of the two and, to my surprise, I actually like the Empire version better. I can't argue against the beauty of the graceful arc because I see it, but to me having the gear boxes both fore and aft makes the ship look more balanced. So while it's not a life-changing experience, I thank you for making that comment; at least now I know where I stand on such a comparatively unimportant issue. :lol

So while it's not a life-changing experience, I thank you for making that comment; at least now I know where I stand on such a comparatively unimportant issue. :lol

Making the unimportant important is possibly the most accurate description of modeling. :cheers

To me, the extra gear boxes throw the balance off. They add balance and stability in terms of how it rests on the ground when landed, but destabilize the symmetry when in flight. If you think about the shapes that break up the upper and lower saucer, on the ANH version both top and bottom have the jawboxes and docking ring/boarding ramp arms. Then the bottom half has the rear gear box with no large shape protruding from the upper engine deck (just a jumble of engine details). The top saucer has the cockpit and arm tunnel as well as the radar dish. So the shapes on the forward top half of the saucer balance the gear box on the back half of the lower saucer. Adding the two front gear boxes makes the design forward heavy as well as breaking up the curve that gives it that 'ship cutting through water' look.
protrusion falcon.jpg
See? There's always room to make things even more unimportant! :lol

Agreed

- - - Updated - - -

I do too; it somehow makes it look "sportier" and maybe more aggressive.

Y'know, I've been a Star Wars fan since before Star Wars became known as "Episode IV: A New Hope". But I never really paid much attention to the whole "A New Hope vs. The Empire Strikes Back Millennium Falcon" debate. To me, they're the same ship--who cares about a few minor differences? So, since A New Hope is my favorite movie from the franchise and the one that introduced us to the Falcon, I decided that was my favorite version. But your comment about "the graceful arc of the lower hull" actually got me thinking about it, so I looked at comparison photos of the two and, to my surprise, I actually like the Empire version better. I can't argue against the beauty of the graceful arc because I see it, but to me having the gear boxes both fore and aft makes the ship look more balanced. So while it's not a life-changing experience, I thank you for making that comment; at least now I know where I stand on such a comparatively unimportant issue. :lol
Agreed

schizophonic9 has snap builds up of the 1:144 + 1:350 Resistance Vehicle Set, and the Last Jedi Captain Phasma figure kit.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/bandai_phasmaep8.html

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/bandai_resistanceset.html

Sadly, the vehicle model set does not include water-slide decals. But the stickers for the blue squadron resistance X-wing do include wing marking variants for Blue 1 through 5. I saw TLJ last night, and didn't notice if they actually had wing marking variations or not.

bandai_resistanceset001.jpg

Like the 1:144 version, this Falcon fixes the mirrored mandible side-walls.

Last edited:
Just saw the last jedi,........I will be able to save a LOT of money on SW merchandise!

What an awful movie!

Sheesh. I'm glad it's not just me. I think its safe to say they never had a plan for this trilogy. Snoke. Rey's parents. Finn and Poe's character arcs.JJ's magic box wasn't filled with magic. It wasn't filled with anything. I wasn't in love with TFA, but this movie was a massive fumble. That Leia scene... ffs. :facepalm

I was surprised by the lack of cool new designs for merchandise. As far as models the obvious new kits are Kylo's fighter, the new AT-ATs, and the A-Wing. Not much as far as new armored characters. I bet the merchandise sales will be pretty low for this film.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I had a really hard time w this movie, I don't know if I can find a lot to like about it. Have tickets again for tonight and I'm realizing I'd rather stay home and work on my pg falcon. Pretty bummed. No interest in any models from it at all.

I never thought I'd say this......I hated the film.....I can't bear to see anything from it....no models,....no clips,....nothing

It was like a spoof Star Wars film

Rogue One is the last good film released,....God knows what the Solo film will be like

J

Man, J, I really hate this feeling. It is the opening weekend of a new Star Wars film and I have ZERO desire to see this movie again. Even with the problems I had with TFA, I enjoyed the ride. I was happy to bring my wife for a second viewing. I've always said, for me Star Wars is like sex and pizza: even when it's not great, it's still pretty awesome. I don't feel this way about TLJ. Instead of sex and pizza, I'm sitting in front of an empty box staring at my hand.

Does anyone seriously think JJ is actually going to magically fix what this film undoes? That he'll explain how Maz got Luke's lightsaber, or explain Snoke's backstory, or he'll give a better explanation for Rey's parents? What I suspected about TFA seems to be true. There was no grand plan. Why is Kylo Ren wearing a pseudo Darth Vader mask? Because they just wanted another cool-looking masked villain that reminded everyone of Vader! Why is Rey on a desert planet? Because fans love Tattooine! That's it. There's no reason for any of this stuff, it's just "make it like the OT and everyone will be happy!" It's all fan service. I mean, damn, Snoke was pretty much saying the exact same dialogue in the throne room as Palpatine did. Ugh. The whole thing is a hot mess.

Yes,....this movie has now lost me any love on TFA....so the only films I like now are the OT & Rogue One

I feel **** now because of it

J

I'm in basically the same boat as you guys. My gf just sent me the electronic tickets for tonight and I was honestly kinda hoping she'd get stuck at work and not be able to go so I could skip it. Her brother bought us the tickets as a present a while back. I guess I'm going. Her brother saw it last night and said he hated it too.

It's a freakin avengers movie with lightsabers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back