Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

dance in smarty PANTS! psw_m0061.JPG

Can someone tell me why they meticulously recreated some of the battle damage but totally ignored other areas?

This is only a guess. It seems that the damages that the kit has recreated are those that involve greeblies/kitbashed parts.
The damages that involve only the handcraft by the ILM model makers were left out (to be done by the individual kit builders).

It seems similar principles apply to the markings.
Those that were transplanted from decals of bashed kits are recreated in the kit's decals.
The small strips that were hand-drawn are not.

This is only a guess. It seems that the damages that the kit has recreated are those that involve greeblies/kitbashed parts.
The damages that involve only the handcraft by the ILM model makers were left out (to be done by the individual kit builders).

It seems similar principles apply to the markings.
Those that were transplanted from decals of bashed kits are recreated in the kit's decals.
The small strips that were hand-drawn are not.
That is the best theory I've heard. I realize that we will never really know why, but I think it's funny as I'm showing my son how they replicated the tiniest of parts and showing him the tiny McLaren parts and he goes "where's the battle damage on the bottom". Um uh er almost perfect Falcon? I've already added the needed damage, but just kinda odd.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be funny come May next year when we see a beautiful 3 gear Falcon on the big screen, then everyone rushes out to buy model filler to repair all the battle damage on their PG Falcons

J

Wouldn't it be funny come May next year when we see a beautiful 3 gear Falcon on the big screen, then everyone rushes out to buy model filler to repair all the battle damage on their PG Falcons

J

I think the more likely scenario is that Lucasfilm and Bandai will have a tie-in model of the Falcon as it appears in the film ready to hit the shelves in time for the film's release. They have said that the Falcon would be an "earlier version" of the ship before Han made his "special modifications." They don't want people buying putty, they want them buying another kit. Ka-ching!

So got my shipping notice on Tuesday 11/7 - But still no movement on the tracking number - Not even showing delivered to USPS - That the way you other guys tracking is showing?

So got my shipping notice on Tuesday 11/7 - But still no movement on the tracking number - Not even showing delivered to USPS - That the way you other guys tracking is showing?
Same here. Mine is FedEx.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Same with me. Received shipping email (USPS) on Tuesday, still indicates "pre-shipment/waiting for item."

Same here. Adam’s been awesome though so I have no doubts it’s all fine. Patience is all.

No answer from Adam yet, but he is probably madly shipping piles and piles of large Bandai boxes right now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back