Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Indeed ... and you need the same amount of copper wire to go through the coil springs to make them pop ... I just read in vaderdarth's thread I mentioned :) Alas he never replied which size of Dynaflex you need ... apparently there's more than one :wacko

Chaïm
I've realised there's more than one but it's 4mm OD and 1mm ID

Before I redraw some of the pieces for the ears I thought I would reshape and file down the ones I've just made and see how they look
IMG_0128.JPGIMG_0129.PNG
Only a slight difference but looking better

CHAIM !! How they looking buddy ?

But they still need little extras doing

Last edited:
I'm not certain. Do you have the mask to add them onto? It would make for a better comparison, yes?

Chaïm
I do have a mask buts it's not very good ( page 3 post 68 ) you've seen it and liked the post, it's not accurate and needs a lot of work.
Im currently waiting for Sskunkys CFO ROTJ mask so I can refine all my parts to the original size mask and eventually rebuild my own to Sskunkys dimensions

what are you not certain about ? Is it the overall size ?

Last edited:
I'm not certain. Do you have the mask to add them onto? It would make for a better comparison, yes?

Chaïm
Your right Chaim the more I look the more I see :thumbsup
its time to knuckle down and redraw these little bad boys again
BUT !!! I wouldn't be at this point if I hadn't have built them, having them in your hand gives you a better perspective of what you need AND FEEDBACK it's only because fresh eyes can see what I couldn't ( kick up the arse ) the attention to detail slowly slips away and we all need feedback and criticism, don't take it to heart to keep us on the right path,
( to the dark side ) :facepalm
Thank Chaim ( more work ) :lol

i will ill post some fresh WIP pics soon

Just remember George Lucas words : 'Don't make it real, make it believable' ... I can't stress this enough times on these forums ... so please stop right before you go nuts :wacko

Chaïm

Just remember George Lucas words : 'Don't make it real, make it believable' ... I can't stress this enough times on these forums ... so please stop right before you go nuts :wacko

Chaïm
To late :wacko:wacko:lol
one more attempt should do it and they are only small alterations ( when the straight jacket comes off ) :D

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=274980 eventhough it has been sold ... there's lots of pictures to grab for your research. Reel Fakes Vader ROTJ Reveal is one of the best out there :)

Chaïm
he he he I thought just the same when I saw it and saved all the pics but you still can't get any better pics than Cedric's from the Paris expo unless there's some I don't know about, I watched real fakes build years ago as a lurker on the RPF, along with other builders and they all got me back into building and DV they where and still are inspirational, when I've done my 2 DV reveals maybe 3 ! Sabers and blasters are next

you and a couple of builders are on my questions list when I start building them :D

Ok so now I've redrawn all the linkages for the ears, only slight modifications needed and I hope that's all they need !!! but the proof is in the building I should get these back this week and I will try and knock another pair up.
i know of one mistake I made ( along with others ) when I was putting the other pairs together, I was putting washers/spacers in between the pieces to help them swivel and to stop the paint from binding them together. BUT !!! the original pieces didn't have washers to help them swivel, they just did and they were never painted when they were originally made, they were only painted for the DV mask, so they are going swivel until the time they go on the mask and glued into position then painted

what a pain photos will not load :facepalm

Last edited:
Ben ... you must learn patience ... I'm here at the home I grew up and it needs to be quite empty by tomorrow ... yet at every screw I un-screw there's a zillion other handlings to be finally finished . . . it seems a never ending story ... I'm at my wits end . . . so I don't mind your pictures don't load, so I don't have to concentrate on your work and return feedback :)

Chaïm

Well they finally loaded like I said earlier just small alterations, picture 4 didn't need altering, I will have these made this week so if you see something that just isn't right please have your say.
Chaim your to busy, you need to empty your family home, so concentrate on the job in hand before you comment on mine, :D I'm in no rush to get these cut, I will send my laser cousin an email on Tuesday night so there's time to scrutinise the pics
IMG_0152.JPGIMG_0154.JPGIMG_0155.JPGIMG_0156.JPGIMG_0157.JPG

Update time as I've been so busy in the real world of work and more work

I've finally had back my recut reveal ears as you can see only slight adjustments needed to be made I will assemble these over the next few days and I'm going to add some previously unseen details that I didn't actually see when I assembled the first and second set due to the fact that I didn't zoom in enough and didn't pay attention to the finer details and you probably won't even notice when they are attached to the reveal mask
image.jpg
The top line are the old ones the bottom line are the adjusted set

still not heard back from Dynaflex after many emails

sending off the new drawing for the photo etched part for the vocoder this week my last attempt was a bit off

- - - Updated - - -

Hey I've just noticed

I've been a member on the fantastic RPF for 12 months now happy membership day to me !!!!! I'm ​1

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put together another little piece slightly different than my last 2 efforts I've increased the size of the outer sleeve to 8mm from 6mm, the inner sleeve is still 6mm that you see from the top, the 8mm hangs underneath, I've also added a small washer to the underside as the original has, I never noticed it in my haste to build and never added it to my first attempts, but it's on now

original
View attachment 721458

My rebiuld
IMG_0226.JPGIMG_0227.JPGIMG_0228.JPG

Thought I would have a little bit of a clean out of all the bits that I won't be using due to my designs being constantly altered, I have now decided to have only 4 or so made at a time as a test so I don't end up with to many parts lying around, only when I'm totally happy with them then I will order plenty in for future kits

IMG_0222.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back