Lightsaber display case ideas and links

Wine rack has to be the classic there lol

good advice well received my friend I would defo much rather spend the money on the props right now as I'm starting off but I am looking to display these items I want them to be pride of place not hidden away in boxes, I'm gonna purchase the ikea detolf cause at £40 it's a bargain and will fit in my front room nicely and the wife's happy with it with it which is a big bonus:)

just need to firm up some deals now otherwise il be staring at an empty display case!

I want them to be pride of place not hidden away in boxes, I'm gonna purchase the ikea detolf cause at £40 it's a bargain and will fit in my front room nicely and the wife's happy with it with it which is a big bonus:)

Those look great! Just make sure to run your LED wires neatly. With an all glass cabinet, you can see everything, haha.

This pic needs updating (and I will eventually) but this is how I've started setting up...

Since then the walls have been painted, a bit more organizing...

21521045740_4605341856_c.jpg

21521134058_1c26a85255_c.jpg

Eventually I'll have it better lit and plaques along the bottom stating which saber is which.

The shelving is Ikea, and I picked up the stands from here:

https://www.eddies.com/

Not pictured is a box display I made for a Obi The Phantom Menace hilt. The box was a decorative hinged box from Kirklands which was roughly 12" x 3", a great size for a hilt. I lined the bottom with that moldable green planter craft foam and covered it with a black poly/wool fabric shoving it snugly down the sides between the foam and the box with a butterknife. I then took the hilt and pressed it firmly downward some that it would make a custom form fit in the foam.

Oddly enough, the current owner just posted a photo of it here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=220906&page=2&p=3892623&viewfull=1#post3892623

I'm using Ikea Billy frames with glass doors and glass shelves. LED spot lights. The doors are sealed to make them more dust proof:

View attachment 581860

Was almost ready to pull the trigger on a Hemnes frame, but I have read a handful of bad reviews. I'm going for narrow, so Besta is too big. This looks like it really could work. My only two concerns are: 1) assuming the glassdoor is either custom or something Ikea doesn't offer anymore, 2) The Kylo helmet seems to fit nicely, but would a Vader?

Was almost ready to pull the trigger on a Hemnes frame, but I have read a handful of bad reviews. I'm going for narrow, so Besta is too big. This looks like it really could work. My only two concerns are: 1) assuming the glassdoor is either custom or something Ikea doesn't offer anymore, 2) The Kylo helmet seems to fit nicely, but would a Vader?

Well, the kylo helmet barely, and I mean barely, fit. I'd say the likelihood of fitting a Vader is slim.

The doors are still available! They are called "Morliden," and the black white panels can be popped out!

Excited to see your build.

Well, the kylo helmet barely, and I mean barely, fit. I'd say the likelihood of fitting a Vader is slim.

The doors are still available! They are called "Morliden," and the black white panels can be popped out!

Excited to see your build.

I was wondering about this! I also have the Billy shelves and basically did a hybrid version of your setup and the wine rack setup by mounting the wine rack to the back of the Billy bookcase. I was trying to find a half door and saw that they were either full length or top half glass and bottom half paneled. I saw this Morliden glass door but the picture made it look frosted glass, which isn't what I wanted. Glad to know it's not.
Can you explain what you mean by the "Black White panels" being popped out? Do you mean you can change the color of the trim?
Thanks!

I was wondering about this! I also have the Billy shelves and basically did a hybrid version of your setup and the wine rack setup by mounting the wine rack to the back of the Billy bookcase. I was trying to find a half door and saw that they were either full length or top half glass and bottom half paneled. I saw this Morliden glass door but the picture made it look frosted glass, which isn't what I wanted. Glad to know it's not.
Can you explain what you mean by the "Black White panels" being popped out? Do you mean you can change the color of the trim?
Thanks!

No problem. There are particle board panels that come with the doors. They fit to the inside of the glass, which is why the pic looks like it has frosted white glass. The panels are black on one side, and white on the other. Totally removable.

Awesome, Thanks. Are your spotlights also from Ikea?

No problem. There are particle board panels that come with the doors. They fit to the inside of the glass, which is why the pic looks like it has frosted white glass. The panels are black on one side, and white on the other. Totally removable.

I went the cheap and simple route to display my collection. I bought tool hooks from the dollar store and mounted them on a scrap piece of wood. I will mount it to the wall with a picture hook or something.

DSC01126.JPG Lightsaber_Display1.jpg
The only downside is I have to make another one because I have more lightsabers to display and I need room for the ones I'll make in the future. :lol

Hey Trooper_trent ! So it's Top to Bottom: Luke ANH, Obi-Wan ANH, Darth Vader, Luke ESB, Luke Hero ROTJ, Luke V2 ROTJ,... what's that at the bottom? AND better yet, what are you saving the top rung for?

I like the room overall, but I think that with all the Star Wars going on in there... those shelves should be full of Star Wars books! I'm certain Shakespeare and Tolkien would approve. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom is an old custom from years a go I designed. It's just a space-filler for now. Top row is just unoccupied because I have 9 slots and only 6 OT lightsabers. ESB Vader is on the way. Hopefully a ROTJ vader soon and I'm not sure about the third.

Hey TrooperTrent, don't mind me asking, but what wall mounts did you use for your helmets? I've been trying to seek one out to no avail.

Hey TrooperTrent, don't mind me asking, but what wall mounts did you use for your helmets? I've been trying to seek one out to no avail.

I made them. I also made a tutorial on how to make them in the general replica prop section.
search for "DIY wall-mounted helmet stand".

After some great suggestions here's my current setup. I mounted the wine rack to the inside of my center Billy shelf

Pretty much what I am hoping to do in a similar frame. I was eyeballing the Hemnes, but knowing the Billy has a full glass door easily puts it in the lead. Now I just need to find a good wine rack. Most of the ones I like have one side of each holder lowered down to accommodate the neck of a bottle, resulting in the hilt being way too slanted.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back