Generic ROGUE ONE Rebel Trooper - Find/Modify/Build Thread

Can't really tell what the base boot, is but it's has a rougher finish than the spat. I'm using Chelsea boots for the base boot and the outer spat (No laces). Here's some shots of the real thing:

So, it's basically two pairs. One with a zipper on the side, which has its soles cut off, and is then glued onto the second pair, and some spats on top of that. Great, thank you very much, Broadsword!

I took a break from sewing on the frag vest and spent some time on one of the transponder badges seen on the vest.

IMG_0885.JPG IMG_0886.JPG

I also started the badge for the jacket.

IMG_0887.JPG

I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is in order to scout for more geeblies for the jacket badge. I keep looking at the missing two and the bottom one looks like the cover to a cold air return vent for a scale model, like a doll house. The top one is either a muffler or the checked handle of a hobby knife.

I took a break from sewing on the frag vest and spent some time on one of the transponder badges seen on the vest.

View attachment 700143 View attachment 700142

I also started the badge for the jacket.

View attachment 700141

I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is in order to scout for more geeblies for the jacket badge. I keep looking at the missing two and the bottom one looks like the cover to a cold air return vent for a scale model, like a doll house. The top one is either a muffler or the checked handle of a hobby knife.

Those are looking good. I was thinking that snap anvil would make a great greeblie too! Good work.

Here's my boot progress. I went with velcro closures for now on the cuffs until we can figure out if there is any kind of buckle (which I think there is).

t2xyjKL.jpg

V2zmWHz.jpg

The boots look awesome! That is my next stem when I finish the vest. We have a huge Gun/Military show here in a few weeks and I hope to find some good pouches and other items!

I made a quick mold of the transponder badge. I had the rubber laying around and this way I don't have to worry about the little do-dads popping off!

IMG_0889.JPG

The first cast came out just fine! Just need to clean out the mold release.

IMG_0890.JPG

Maybe a little OT but I'm currently trying to dye a pair of Helikon combat pants for my generic trooper build but predictably, the stitching did not dye (being most likely 100% polyesters). Can anyone recommend a way of remedying this problem or recommending a different type of dye (that I can get in the UK preferably)

many thanks!

Maybe a little OT but I'm currently trying to dye a pair of Helikon combat pants for my generic trooper build but predictably, the stitching did not dye (being most likely 100% polyesters). Can anyone recommend a way of remedying this problem or recommending a different type of dye (that I can get in the UK preferably)

many thanks!

You can use RIT Dye More or Jacquard iDye Poly. They both work on polyester but must be done on the stovetop with boiling water. It might not work 100% but it is worth a try. I used it on my frag vest and it only slightly changed the color of the thread and did nothing to the webbing material.

Most of the outfits have contrasting stitching so I'd just leave it to be "in universe".

- - - Updated - - -

Update on the puff paint.

Doesn't work so the next step will be learning silk screening.

I believe it's cotton twill or drill.
Just some scrap I had around.

I used yellow on green fabric and it took 4 coats brushing it on.
I also had to cut through the paint to get my masking off (accidentally cut through the fabric a few times) :facepalm

My French Three Grenade Pouch arrived! Is is, most definitely, in used/issued condition!:lol It should fit right in once everything is weathered.

IMG_0891.JPG

The comm/transponders are multiplying! I had just a bit of onyx to use up so I figured I would get a few copies out.

IMG_0896.JPG

Is there any chance Psicorp7 that you sale some of your comm/transponders?
Which to have one

My poorman impression with what i have in hand

Thé jacket is thé Ebay cheap Captain Andor Cassian one and Helikon Trs

Last edited:
Lskiv Blousing the pants into the boots would pull the whole thing together. Looks great, especially on a budget

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't blouse it because it is my Rebel fleet trooper boots...Will won't work, was just à try
Still chime on what kind of boots and ankle strap/gaiters could i use

Is there any chance Psicorp7 that you sale some of your comm/transponders?
Which to have one 

My poorman impression with what i have in hand
https://s27.postimg.org/tns19ugzz/IMG_20170127_144848.jpg

Thé jacket is thé Ebay cheap Captain Andor Cassian one and Helikon Trs

Looks good! Yeah, I am going to paint and weather the transponder lot and then put a few up for sale. I am still working on the one for the Andor jacket. I might have one done this weekend. I found some good possible greeblies this week.

Here's that paint test sample.
I made a dice bag for my niece for her SW RPG gaming. :cool

It also gave me a chance to work out making the sleeve parts of the jacket.

dice bag.jpg

Here's that paint test sample.
I made a dice bag for my niece for her SW RPG gaming. :cool

It also gave me a chance to work out making the sleeve parts of the jacket.

View attachment 701871

The dice bag looks great! I think I might try the puff paint freehand (Like the Spider-Man puff paint lines) and see if the lack of masking makes it any better. I just hope I can keep a steady hand.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back