Show your custom Lightsabers!

Now that's a different approach ... how would you wield that saber? Got a picture with your friend holding it? Or the original of bluntmans bong saber from j and silent bob strikes back to compare? :)

Chaim

don't have any pics with him holding it yet. probably won't see him again till the next con. by then he should have polished up the appearance. but if you google silent bob bong saber an image should pop of silent bob holding his. but from what i gather you just hold just below the retention screw.

Well, this a saber I made, features nothing but the hilt as I've never done anything with electronics before. Not near as cool as the others here, but the best I've done so far. Not so great with sabers lol.

Click for better resolution.

Now that's an excellent saber too . . . it has black grips, a red button, some brass and all the looks and feel of a true custom lightsaber . . . well done Mean Obiwan :)

Chaim

Now that's an excellent saber too . . . it has black grips, a red button, some brass and all the looks and feel of a true custom lightsaber . . . well done Mean Obiwan :)

Chaim

Thank you, Sym-Cha. I like it, and I am proud of it, there's just a lot of talent here and sabers aren't my strong suit.

What I really want to know is, how do you guys do the electronics for these sabers? I'd love to be able to add a blade and lights to mine but have no clue how.
Is it possible for one to be able to strip down a force fx and use its innards?

What I really want to know is, how do you guys do the electronics for these sabers? I'd love to be able to add a blade and lights to mine but have no clue how.
Is it possible for one to be able to strip down a force fx and use its innards?

Gutting a Force FX for electronics in one way to do it. However, except for blade film, blade tips, rubber grips and sound boards (not including the ones gutted from toys), pretty much everything else is sourced from found parts that you can buy from various businesses. There are businesses that custom make sound boards, blade tips, blade film and rubber grips, specifically for the use in custom sabers. Naigon's Electronic Creations, Plecter Labs and Ultra Sabers all make custom sound boards for sabers. The Custom Saber shop is a great resource for everything else and is really a one stop shop. However if you want to shop elsewhere for some of the parts, there's ebay, plastic companies for the polycarbonate tubes used for saber blades (not the tips), electronics companies like mouser and digikey for the switches, wire and batteries, etc. Another good option is Solo's Hold. They sell saber stands, LED heat sinks, LED optics, batteries, etc.

Thanks for the response. I've looked into ultra sabers before. I'm really not sure if I can even use the current hilt I have for any electronics since its so skinny. I can (and want) to purely make a hilt myself. Its just doing everything else. I'll look into the custom saber shop for sure.

Did this back around 2007/08. Sculpted the body and then resin cast the main tooth and put a few inserts in. Boom, Rancor tooth saber.

17372235673_6675623dd2_b.jpg

17966301546_3a11cb2ec2_b.jpg

Thanks for the response. I've looked into ultra sabers before. I'm really not sure if I can even use the current hilt I have for any electronics since its so skinny. I can (and want) to purely make a hilt myself. Its just doing everything else. I'll look into the custom saber shop for sure.

For your thin hilt, you could possibly just light up the blade (no sound though). Simplest electronic setup is this (basically a high power touch circuit):

Here's what it looks like out of the hilt:

I use a 1.8ohm 2w resistor for 700mA to the led and a 5° lens, job done :thumbsup

The one thing that puts me off dedicated sabre boards like the biscotte is the cost, @$80 a pop it's just too expensive for tinkerers/padowans like myself who are just starting out in the world of sabre making.

Due to the cost constraints! I opted to make my own electronics and whatever else I can. Main reason is I'm in the UK and things like $44 shipping for a $5 blade tip just doesn't make much sense to me. Plus I'm axpanding my skill set to boot, so as far as I'm concerned it's win win.

That rancor tooth saber is wicked.
Thanks, Canobi, even with no sound I'd be happy with it. It just feels so incomplete without any electronics.

@ Zombie Bait ... that's a cool looking lightsaber as well :)

@ Dr Talyn ... Rancor tooth eyh? . . . Clever design ... yet :wacko

Chaim

My custom fabricated Lightsaber Nunchuks, made from 5051 aluminum round and pipe, took over 2 years designing, re-designing of various designs and styles, this is final look, this is also a double bladed saber that comes apart as a nunchuck typer saber weapon. This was made this for a Fan film for the main villain.
still a work in progress, working on putting Sith type runes and tribal patterns engraved into the hilt.
17236166733_8600f7d0a5_b.jpg17668762578_ab67ef2e3c_b.jpg17670308359_3f8ca5ab32_b.jpg17670308619_5913fd49f2_b.jpg17236167933_2c060b7437_b.jpg17853670992_fc5d045f55_o.jpg

Riddick Type Saber Claws Lightsaber hilts
These took awhile to design, the outcome was more wicked than the original concept, fabrication took some time and it changes were for the better. Also made for fan film used by one of the jedi knights,Lightsaber_Hook_Hilts_by_hapajedi.jpgDSC00445.jpg
conceptkalanibladesconcept.jpg
jedi knight with sabersRen_ko_Jedi_Knight_by_hapajedi copy.jpg

Attachments

• miscellaneous-productions-Curved-Lightsaber-Hilt-Design-2.jpg
    miscellaneous-productions-Curved-Lightsaber-Hilt-Design-2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 407

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back