Resistance Crait Macrobinoculars / Neuro-Saav ND.621 Rangefinder (TLJ VD)

Hi guys been doing some searching on the side ribbed material, could the used material be 4 Conductor Flat Ribbon Cable Wire.

I found it in (18AWG Black) & (22AWG Black) on modDIY I am sure there would be plenty of other sources.

https://www.moddiy.com/products/Corsair-Style-4-Conductor-Flat-Ribbon-Cable-Wire-(18AWG-Black).html

https://www.moddiy.com/products/Cor...tor-Flat-Ribbon-Cable-Wire-(22AWG-Black).html

Corsair_Style_Flat_Ribbon_Cable_Wire_(18AWG_Black)__64469_zoom.jpg

IMG_0533__86835_zoom.JPG

IMG_0534__10789_zoom.JPG

IMG_0528__14912_zoom.JPG

Well spotted. It's either four rods or four separate wires going into holes. You can definitely see the camera body between them, and they are not even perfectly parallel.
It looks that between the ribs the camerabody is visible. Maybe they drilled 4 holes on both sides and put 4 metal bended rods on. That's a quick job for a prop maker.

When my friends an I were making Star Trek and Star Wars props in high school woodshop back in the 70’s, we used to use solid core soldering wire in various gauges to make those kinds of details. It conforms easily to almost any shape and can be filed/sanded easily to make it look flatter.

If these were what you're referring to, I don't think it's them. Whatever these are, they're symmetrical; two lenses and two red lights.
binocs.jpg

From what I saw (for the 4th time really trying to watch for details) Poe looks through the binoculars then hangs onto them in one hand through the rest of the sequence, so there may be a few good opportunities in different shots to acquire more details of the prop. However, the sequence is short and cuts quick so we may have to wait for the DVD so we can see Freeze frames.

Last edited:
Not much help I'm afraid. Almost looks like there's an extra squarish greeblie on the top right edge (when viewed from the front) that's not present in the Visual Dictionary picture.

The two dials have been replaced and the two squarish details above the light meter remind me of computer keys or from an old adding machine.

bh1.jpgbh2.jpgbh3.jpgbh4.jpgbh5.jpg

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been out of touch for a few days, my old man had a stroke, so been dealing with the hospital.

That being said, great pull on the screen caps. I agree that it seems there are a few differences between the onscreen version and the VD. Probably have to wait for the Blu-ray version to get a good look at those square greeblie that kurtyboy pointed out.

When I get a chance I figure I’ll pick up some thicker gauge black wire and test fitting for the side “grips”. Will post when I get a chance.

Great job on all the sleuthing guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Difficult to measure accurately with calipers since its rubber, but I get around 2.85mm total height, 1.25mm rib height. Rib width about 1.75mm.

None yet, still need to pick up some varying gauge wires to try a few things on the side stripes and then waiting on the Blu Ray for better images of the front and top.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back