Bandai release schedule

In the last 12 month they have made a couple of new models near every month (in december four). The most intense (and top notch) SW kit production EVER. I think that we have no reason to doubt nor to complain (ok, ALMOST no complain...). We are living in the golden age of SW model kits.

Man. Everybody's so demanding! I want this, I want that, i want it bigger, I want it now!

Not so long ago there were hardly any Star Wars kits on the market and most were riddled with faults.

* though we all know what glaring omission in the product lineup is just waiting to be filled! :) How about that 1/72 Mil- nah...

Those model kits were just released a couple of months ago. Don't try to determine trends from just a couple of months. Bandai is still releasing Star Wars kits at a ridiculous pace, and they've shown with the most recent couple of reveals that they'll announce new kits with much shorter lead times than they have in the past.
I know they are still releasing Star wars kits or we wouldn't be talking about them so much, and most of the topics on the forums are us trying to determine/speculate what Toys,models and Prop replicas are coming to the market. And how well the sculpt, paint and accuracy will be.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Okay, before we go too far down this road, it should be pointed out that in modeling forums we talk about models. What we want, what we don't, what are a kit's positives, what are its negatives. So discussion can sometimes seem like irrational "demands" when really it's just an airing of opinions -- which is why we're all here. We all (hopefully) want the hobby to expand and get even better. We all (hopefully) want companies to improve their products and offer more selection. In Bandai's case, their models are so good that we can't wait to see MORE of them! For Bandai, that's a good problem to have!

I totally agree!

I am so blown away by Bandai's models that I go way out of my way to get any and all Bandai kits that I can!
(just got the a-wing, and the detail is awesome!)

I keep wanting to get a few of the bandai Star Wars kits but am actually put off by the size. I really want them to do a couple of bigger kits. Like the star destroyer or a ROTJ Death Star.
I know they have the star destroyer so release the damn thing already!!

Im really looking forward to seeing more of this new 1/2 BB-8 with zapper and flame arms! Might even have sounds? Great time to be a Star Wars modeler, weve never had it better! Thank you Bandai :thumbsup

I keep wanting to get a few of the bandai Star Wars kits but am actually put off by the size. I really want them to do a couple of bigger kits. Like the star destroyer or a ROTJ Death Star.

Im sure Bandai have a solid business plan, to make everything as fast as possible. They are doing a great job so far, id too like bigger kits, but i realise that costs money and fine detailing a big Star Destroyer for example is a huge task and if that wasnt enough to do, theres more films on the way! Id Love a 1/1700 Star Destroyer and bigger AT-AT etc, but im happy to wait, years if i have too.

Last edited:
We knew last year( I think around NYCC time if not a little earlier) that the Shoretrooper, K2-SO and Deathtrooper would be model kits. And after their release it's been nothing but 1/6 and 1/144 and a few 1/72 ships.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

So basically, yeah you released three figure kits in December, but what have you done for me lately. :lol

As is been pointed out, Bandai is being more tight-lipped about their upcoming releases as of late. We know GIANT BB-8 is due in April but we don't anything past that.

I hear ya!
I initially was put off by the small scale stuff too! BUT...don't shortchange yourself! these are imo THE best SW kits ever made!

You will love them! they are SO well engineered!,...go together so easily AND are SO detailed! even their 1/144 scale stuff is miles ahead of any kits in larger scales!...........................but yes!....I too would love some larger stuff too but have not been disappointed yet!

Thank you Bandai!

I just found another page for the upcoming U-WIng + TIE Striker combo on Bandai's website, with photos I haven't seen before. This time of the final model painted.

http://bandai-hobby.net/item/1740/

156_1740_s_dwcokmomyrnk3dphwxxs35puz8jg.jpg

Also includes dimensions:

U-Wing - 167mm (6.5")
TIE Striker - 119 mm (4.7")
Hover Tank - 51mm (2")

I'm really looking forward to seeing the U-Wing alongside a pair of X-Wings.

I just found another page for the upcoming U-WIng + TIE Striker combo on Bandai's website, with photos I haven't seen before. This time of the final model painted.

http://bandai-hobby.net/item/1740/

View attachment 707726

Also includes dimensions:

U-Wing - 167mm (6.5")
TIE Striker - 119 mm (4.7")
Hover Tank - 51mm (2")

I'm really looking forward to seeing the U-Wing alongside a pair of X-Wings.

Here is Tag Hobbies take on these images, plus a few more:

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/149141

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back