Space 1999 Comlock, can you hear me now????

teslabe

Sr Member
I've been working on this prop for just under a year now and posting over at HobbyTalk and have gotten to a point that I thought it might be of some interest over here at RPF.
Always loved the hardware on Space 1999 and always thought the Comlocks were so cool, if only they could really work, sooooo....
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/99-sc...1-space-1999-comlock-can-you-hear-me-now.html

gFTv77ym.jpg

Attachments

• gFTv77ym.jpg
    gFTv77ym.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,293
  • gFTv77ym.jpg
    gFTv77ym.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 379
Last edited by a moderator:
Real Space 1999 technology that works!

Too bad the space program didn't keep up with your work.
They owe you an Eagle and a Moon Base for these.

Edit: I would love to carry one of those as opposed to an iphone.
The marketing would be off by 19 years but I think great interest could be generated.

Nice work! I always loved the props and production design from that show. The writing was a bit of a mixed bag though - I recently watched an episode called Brian the Brain and concluded that the writing staff must have been very high indeed.

Whole lotta awesome there!

Thank you vary much....

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! amazing jaw dropping work ! (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

Thank you for the very kind words, It's been a fun build....

- - - Updated - - -

Nicely done!
Space 1999 was one of my favorite shows when I was growing up.

Subscribed

Thank you, I loved the hardware, the writing, not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Real Space 1999 technology that works!

Too bad the space program didn't keep up with your work.
They owe you an Eagle and a Moon Base for these.

Edit: I would love to carry one of those as opposed to an iphone.
The marketing would be off by 19 years but I think great interest could be generated.

Thank you, I have just the place for that Eagle, the Moon Base might pose a problem....

Boy time flies, I thought I'd post an update here on this build since these are also replica props, I've been posting in the General Modeling forum and over at HobbyTalk. All the wiring is in for the base units and all that is left is the battery/charging circuits that will go in the top cover, than finish the exterior. These are the last two pairs, it's been a fun project but it's time to move on to the next.......:unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    438.8 KB · Views: 259
Well, I can finally see light at the end of this long tunnel and I'm soooo glad it has all worked, for the most part....:rolleyes:
Next comes the remaining exterior parts, then I can say, "stick a fork in me, I'm done" and move on to my next project.
A big thanks to all who have stuck with me during this build, it was fun....

Comlocks hooked to battery01.jpg
Comlocks hooked to battery02.jpg
o_O

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back