Battle starship

Wow, Katsu! Beautiful metal- and modelwork, as always! :cool

Thought I'd create some decal artwork for your project just for fun, but maybe you have something else in mind and are ready to make your own?

CYCLOPS decals 02.png

By the way, the original file is much larger, and can do any color you like.

Greetings and keep up the great work!
Andrew

Katsu - san ,

I’m trying to recall if you mentioned something about a Squid being part of the inspiration for this design ?

If that is the case , and you’re still planning to paint over the metal finish , would you consider a camouflage paint scheme for Cyclops ? .
After all , squids , octopi and cuttlefish are known for changing their appearance / coloration . It would be an advantage to meld into the background for a battleship in space .
Or possibly utilising the ( broken - jigsaw ) camouflage techniques used on real battleships during WW2 etc ... but with a futuristic twist ?
Just a few thoughts ;) .

Anyhoo , I’m sure that whatever you eventually decide upon will be brilliant anyway !

:cheersGed:thumbsup

Black with different colour greys on individual panels or sections for the ship
what other colour can you camouflage against in space other than black, as GED said above, your decision would be brilliant

Orange, yellow, and blue color scheme. :D No one would camouflage a battle cruiser with those colors. Best plan ever as no one would suspect till it was too late. In deep space it would not matter as there is little light to reflect what the colors are anyway.

Seriously, whatever you come up with will, true to form, surprise and delight us all. Back to munching popcorn. :popcorn

Wow,wow,wow. Ged-san,Ben-san, Hagoth-san, You got many idea for the coloring!

So far, I can say that it's not gonna be a corporate grey or white or blue/black anyway.
Squid like camouflage would be a closest idea I think.
May be this ship will have to face the battle on the orbit of a colonial planet or on the land.
The most vulnerable moment of the battle is when it landed and the troops are embarking from its belly.
It's like a sitting duck. So that the most effective coloring will be the color of the planet.
As Ged-san says, changing the color according to the surroundings of the battlefield is the best way.

So I am now, developing the paint that can change the color assimilate with surrounding colors with
using the state of art technology of liquid crystal and electronic luminescence.
I know this is the first attempt for this Replica Prop Forum or any other model builders worlds.
I don't now if there is a prize equivalent with the Nobel prize in the modellers world, I will be the first winner of the model paint job,
I promise that the half of the award money will be donate to establish the RPF model building foundation
and also I will donate the supply of extra large bucket of popcorn through out the year for Mr. Hagoth.

Wow, Katsu! Beautiful metal- and modelwork, as always! :cool

Thought I'd create some decal artwork for your project just for fun, but maybe you have something else in mind and are ready to make your own?

View attachment 792576

By the way, the original file is much larger, and can do any color you like.

Greetings and keep up the great work!
Andrew

Hi! Andrew - san. Thank you very much for dropping by.
How are you and your Y-wing. I guess your place is covered with beautiful snow everywhere.
We got snow for a couple of days this week but it's gone already.

I you read the exchanges above, you will understand how are those bad boys are.
They keep me pressurized with that way. So I need more bottle of whisky and less sleep these days.

Thank you very much for the decal work for me, I'm happy to use it on a brass plate and put it on her after the paint job.
As you see in the pics, she has a temporally name plate written on a masking tape with a ballpoint pen for now.

Take care Andrew-san and pray for me for god's saving from those bad boys.
Just like we were allied once!

Katsu,

‘ I know this is the first attempt for this Replica Prop Forum or any other model builders worlds.
I don't now if there is a prize equivalent with the Nobel prize in the modellers world, I will be the first winner of the model paint job,
I promise that the half of the award money will be donate to establish the RPF model building foundation
and also I will donate the supply of extra large bucket of popcorn through out the year for Mr. Hagoth. ‘ ; Katsu - san .

The Noble Prize equivalent ?... pfft ! ... pfft ! .. I say ! ... Surely Fame and Fortunate isn’t what you seek good sir !?

Your work is indeed driven .... , by your insatiable need to confound , delight , inspire and amaze us mere ( unworthy ) mortals , with brilliant craftsmanship , skills & ideas ! :p ,

However , if you also complete a working hyperdrive facility as well - the monies yours ! ;)

:cheersGed :angel

Last edited:
A working adaptive paint scheme by Katsu-san! This is going to be good! :popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

You set that bar all on your own. :angel

And thank you for that giant bucket of popcorn. :D

Hi! Andrew - san. Thank you very much for dropping by.
How are you and your Y-wing. I guess your place is covered with beautiful snow everywhere.
We got snow for a couple of days this week but it's gone already.

I you read the exchanges above, you will understand how are those bad boys are.
They keep me pressurized with that way. So I need more bottle of whisky and less sleep these days.

Thank you very much for the decal work for me, I'm happy to use it on a brass plate and put it on her after the paint job.
As you see in the pics, she has a temporally name plate written on a masking tape with a ballpoint pen for now.

Take care Andrew-san and pray for me for god's saving from those bad boys.
Just like we were allied once!

Katsu,

Hello, Katsuhiko-san, my friend!
Thank you, am doing well and we indeed have some snow. As to the Y-Wing, am gutting a lot of kits lately. It's amazing how much space can be saved by snipping the parts out of their sprues and tearing up the boxes! Once I get the kit boxes out of the basement there will be room for a workbench & machines - and then I can begin working on the Y-Wing's metal frame. So although the Y-Wing project has gained a lot of parts and is moving forward, there is very little new stuff to show except for loose plastic pieces in bags. Slow progress but I'll get there eventually.

Keep the bad boys at bay and keep posting pictures of your beautiful work! It's fun to read and see your progress. :thumbsup

Andrew

I can see it now: Katsu-san figures out active camouflage for the Cyclops. Over the next week, he wonders why his trash is suddenly being picked up by a Chinese crew, the newspaper is being delivered by a Russian, and his barber tries to explain that he's always been a blonde American, and his CIA cuff links are just something he picked up on Ebay...

‘ I know this is the first attempt for this Replica Prop Forum or any other model builders worlds.
and also I will donate the supply of extra large bucket of popcorn through out the year for Mr. Hagoth. ‘ ; Katsu - san .

The Noble Prize equivalent ?... pfft ! ... pfft ! .. I say ! ... Surely Fame and Fortunate isn’t what you seek good sir !?

Your work is indeed driven .... , by your insatiable need to confound , delight , inspire and amaze us mere ( unworthy ) mortals , with brilliant craftsmanship , skills & ideas ! :p ,

However , if you also complete a working hyperdrive facility as well - the monies yours ! ;)

:cheersGed :angel

Hey, your not unworthy!!
Hyperdrive?? huum....
I need a money for the rest of my poor pension life:darnkids.

A working adaptive paint scheme by Katsu-san! This is going to be good! :popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

You set that bar all on your own. :angel

And thank you for that giant bucket of popcorn. :D

Your welcome.
Watch me....

Hello, Katsuhiko-san, my friend!
Thank you, am doing well and we indeed have some snow. As to the Y-Wing, am gutting a lot of kits lately. It's amazing how much space can be saved by snipping the parts out of their sprues and tearing up the boxes! Once I get the kit boxes out of the basement there will be room for a workbench & machines - and then I can begin working on the Y-Wing's metal frame. So although the Y-Wing project has gained a lot of parts and is moving forward, there is very little new stuff to show except for loose plastic pieces in bags. Slow progress but I'll get there eventually.

Keep the bad boys at bay and keep posting pictures of your beautiful work! It's fun to read and see your progress. :thumbsup

Andrew

That's nice to know all of it, Andrew-san.!

I can see it now: Katsu-san figures out active camouflage for the Cyclops. Over the next week, he wonders why his trash is suddenly being picked up by a Chinese crew, the newspaper is being delivered by a Russian, and his barber tries to explain that he's always been a blonde American, and his CIA cuff links are just something he picked up on Ebay...

Na haha... That never happens......Huh?! hang on, some one's knocking at the door.....

Well, ladies and gentlemen.
Here is the great achievement!!

You may not recognize the hyper camo coating but....

Tziemsg.jpg

Hit the activating button.....

VeQQRNt.jpg

Talaaaaan...

Completely adopted to the back ground.
:thumbsup
:)
:cry
Sorry guys...

:confused .... Bravo - Touché - Subarashii !!! .... Well played Sir !:thumbsup ... You’re a certifiable genius ... :lol:lol:lol !!!

Now , how’re you planning to demonstrate the Hyperdrive ! :devil;)

:cheersGed

I knew it was going to be good! :lol:thumbsup Well done!

Nice touch leaving the loading elevators visible so the crew can see where the ship is to get back on. Caution, Only approach from the sides.

Hey! Don't run over there! That's where "Whack!"... the landing gear... is. Are you ok? Medic! :p:facepalm

Sure!

:confused .... Bravo - Touché - Subarashii !!! .... Well played Sir !:thumbsup ... You’re a certifiable genius ... :lol:lol:lol !!!

Now , how’re you planning to demonstrate the Hyperdrive ! :devil;)

Hyperdrive is easy, however, how can you get it back after jumped to the outer space?

I knew it was going to be good! :lol:thumbsup Well done!

Nice touch leaving the loading elevators visible so the crew can see where the ship is to get back on. Caution, Only approach from the sides.

Hey! Don't run over there! That's where "Whack!"... the landing gear... is. Are you ok? Medic! :p:facepalm

:lol:lol
Extra large bandage is available.

Thanks for adopting my crappy talk my friends.
You guys must be so kind and gentle to this old man or, maybe you needed something to kill the time.

katsu

Nothing wrong with being ‘ kind and gentle ‘ when it’s so richly deserved my friend ! ... Killing time ? - I love catching up with your superb updates ! :p

As for ‘ crappy ‘ talk !? ... I honestly consider it an honour and privilege to engage in ‘ fun , frivolous ‘ banter with you on this terrific ( out of the ( bento ) box ) thread ! ;)

Nothing wrong with being ‘ kind and gentle ‘ when it’s so richly deserved my friend ! ... Killing time ? - I love catching up with your superb updates ! :p

As for ‘ crappy ‘ talk !? ... I honestly consider it an honour and privilege to engage in ‘ fun , frivolous ‘ banter with you on this terrific ( out of the ( bento ) box ) thread ! ;)

Ged-san, you are truly a gentle man. Please stay gold and stay away from those bad boys.

Hah! :lol

Looks like you forgot to paint he elevator tubes though

Does it use the S.E.P. field? http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Somebody_Else's_Problem_field

Oh, I heard that 'Hichhikers' is well known as the most academic encyclopedia in Great Britain as compare to the Britannica.
It is too difficult for me to understand about S.E.P field:confused but my Hoover vacuum cleaner has H.E.P.A Filter system.:thumbsup
Those dusts and cat hair on the carpets are completely vanished!!

1DJCpKW.jpg

2LK57XW.jpg

It says 'Filter made with H.E.P.A media with activated carbon.
That sounds cool, It's so SciFi vibe !!:eek

By the way, I bought that Hoover a couple of weeks ago over AMAZON USA.
Previous second hand GE vacuum cleaner has been wrecked after using for 12 years.
Before GE cleaner, we had been using VAX- Australian, that was so good one with a carpet washer system.
We used for more than 20 years. We bought it at the second hand shop and was costed us only $200 with a couple of detergent bottles.
OK, I've checked the Amazon Japan.
Gee! check it out!! VAX $2,100!!! GE unavailable here anymore, Dyson $700, Sharp or Toshiba $500- it seems like a cleaner for Barbie's house.
We need a big one!.
Wait! Thank God, AMAZON USA deals a Hoover for $170 plus $100 shipping charge.
If I bought this from Japanese dealer, it may cost us more than $900.
Hoover has been arrived in a week and we opened up the box.
My beloved wife got hilarious and kissed me and said, :love
'Now you've started a happy cleaning life from now on !! I envy you !' :$
.......I couldn't say that she can also get the same happiness' :facepalm

Anyway, In fact, this cleaner is outstanding!!
After the first run on the living room carpet, I said 'OMG! Have we been living on that bunch of dust till now?'
Maybe I should named that ship as Hoover-1

Friends in USA, you should proud of your products and you should think about the blessed situation that you are able to buy this great machine less than $200.

What I did on model today.

buo9jJG.jpg

BAm1QNd.jpg

Y1u91rI.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Beautifully executed detailing again Katsu - san :p ! She’s ( can Cyclops be a lady ? ) looking super dressed - up , and exquisite !

You asked me me to stay ‘ gold ‘ - are you a fan of The Outsiders too ? The novel .
By the way , reading that exchange between your lovely wife and yourself regarding the vacuum almost made me choke on the coffee I was drinking - I laughed so hard ! :lol

Note to self - possible health hazard when reading future Katsu - san anecdotes , take precautions ! ;)

Beautifully executed detailing again Katsu - san :p ! She’s ( can Cyclops be a lady ? ) looking super dressed - up , and exquisite !

You asked me me to stay ‘ gold ‘ - are you a fan of The Outsiders too ? The novel .
By the way , reading that exchange between your lovely wife and yourself regarding the vacuum almost made me choke on the coffee I was drinking - I laughed so hard ! :lol

Note to self - possible health hazard when reading future Katsu - san anecdotes , take precautions ! ;)

Ged-san, Thank you very much.

Outsiders is one of the best movie in my life. I haven't read the novel but I want to. When I saw the movie was mid '80. That was on a TV in our living room.
Me, my father, mother and my sister were there. When the movie was finished, I myself was trying to hide my tear. And I looked at my father and I found him shedding a tear.
I don't know why but it was the first time and the last time I saw him shedding a tear on a movie.
Yes, I love that movie.

Hey, that Hoover has some nice shapes. I'll bet if you took it apart you could turn it into a space port for the Cyclops! :p

:lol ... you’re kidding right !? You couldn’t seriously ask Katsu -san to dismember an object that brings such joy to his life - according to his lovely wife at least ! ;)

Then again , a man can have too much happiness ! :angel

Last edited:
Ged-san, Thank you very much.

Outsiders is one of the best movie in my life. I haven't read the novel but I want to. When I saw the movie was mid '80. That was on a TV in our living room.
Me, my father, mother and my sister were there. When the movie was finished, I myself was trying to hide my tear. And I looked at my father and I found him shedding a tear.
I don't know why but it was the first time and the last time I saw him shedding a tear on a movie.
Yes, I love that movie.

Thank you for sharing that lovely memory . You are ‘ GOLD ‘ .

:lol ... you’re kidding right !? You couldn’t seriously ask Katsu -san to dismember an object that brings such joy to his life - according to his lovely wife at least ! ;)

I'm merely suggesting it might bring even more joy if one day when his wife isn't home (make sure she's not home, Katsu-san) the Hoover was suddenly transformed into a beautiful space port. From what I know about model makers, that kind of "collateral damage" happens all the time!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back