Battle starship

This does look really awesome. How close are you to being finished? Its looking like you are pretty close.
So how big would you say this ship would be, if it were full size?

All the added details look amazing

I'm sure I missed it somewhere along the line, but does this starship have a name?

Also, aluminum is light, but that is also a lot of metal, how heavy is it?

Those 60 hours were very well spent. I love all the details, especially the paneling. The ribs in the last picture remind me of the Battlestar Galactica (though the Galactica never seemed to have been in this good condition.)

Thrilled to see these awesome updates and so many cool details. For me the details like the exposed ribs and raised panel features hint at the internal structure of the ship and give it a sense of scale. Thank you as always for sharing such inspired work.

Best wishes to your and your family this Christmas season!

This does look really awesome. How close are you to being finished? Its looking like you are pretty close.
So how big would you say this ship would be, if it were full size?

Thank you, Michael-san.
The detailing of the upper side is half over. I guess it may need another a couple of weeks.
The bottom side may take several days. Then paint job.
The figure inside is about 4.5mm tall. So the scale is approx. 1/400.
Then length of the model is about 90 cm (3 feet) except nose antenna.
So, 360m about 1200 feet long

All the added details look amazing

I'm sure I missed it somewhere along the line, but does this starship have a name?

Also, aluminum is light, but that is also a lot of metal, how heavy is it?

A few months ago, I named it as 'Cyclops'.

I roughly guess it weighs about 7 or 8 pound. The model is consisting about 4 pounds of acrylic structure.
2 ponds of LEDs and it's wiring(about 50 feet). the rest is 2 or pounds of aluminum sheet.

Love the additional detailing. Your build is inspired.

Thank you very much and I always appreciate your support, sir.

Those 60 hours were very well spent. I love all the details, especially the paneling. The ribs in the last picture remind me of the Battlestar Galactica (though the Galactica never seemed to have been in this good condition.)

Thank you always, Tom-san.

Thrilled to see these awesome updates and so many cool details. For me the details like the exposed ribs and raised panel features hint at the internal structure of the ship and give it a sense of scale. Thank you as always for sharing such inspired work.

Best wishes to your and your family this Christmas season!

Thank you very much, Hagoth-san.

And again, thanks to your big support through out this year, I could really enjoy my model building.
Now I have a very happy task and a pleasant responsibility that I have to build a model that you'll love to see and makes you exciting.
(Not easy but maybe it makes my aging slow down a little.)

I wish you all have a very merry Christmas and A Happy new year.

藤平 勝彦
ふじひら かつひこ
Katsuhiko Fujihira

I think you have long ago accomplished and far surpassed your self imposed task and responsibility of building a model that we all love to look at.

Oh, Forgot to mention that the half circle hoops at the front of the engineering section reminded me of the hoops that you had test placed on the back end of the section between the top and bottom portions of the engine pods. Are you going to put those back on? Remember, they are very important heat dissipation panels that can work even in direct sunlight. :D

Thanks, Hagoth san.
And, oh, you remember that.
The hoops I put there was too thick to look throgh them.
So, I am thinking some kind of complex support structure or something.

I am now in my shack and today, I am going to detail up that lauchers.
Huum....

Hmmm. Maybe space out the thicker ones (fewer of them) or use ones not quite as wide. I liked the effect they gave the ship but maybe it is not meant to work out that way.

Now I will be quiet and let your tinkering genus work away in your shack. :D

Hmmm. Maybe space out the thicker ones (fewer of them) or use ones not quite as wide. I liked the effect they gave the ship but maybe it is not meant to work out that way.

Now I will be quiet and let your tinkering genus work away in your shack. :D

That work will be done at later, anyway. I want to check the total proportion of the detailing.

That's not bad at all. My cat weighs more than that :lol

I've just put it on a scale. It was exactly 10 pounds. :p
Don't feed your cat too much!!:lol

N4CIROh.jpg

ZoTe025.jpg

It may need a little more touch up.

Thanks for looking.

katsuson, ive been gone for over a year, super excited to see that you have been hard at work! cant wait to really dive into and absorb this build, looks amazing!!

katsuson, ive been gone for over a year, super excited to see that you have been hard at work! cant wait to really dive into and absorb this build, looks amazing!!

How nice to see you come back, Metal wood san.
Thanks for the comment for my metal work.:D
Please enjoy!

Very cool part. It could actually looks like it could work as either thrusters or as some kind of missile/torpedo launcher
Thank you, Blakeh san. Wow, space torpedo tube is a nice idea!
I am gonna try to make some.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back