Packing to run from Irma: What I grabbed...

Panaflex

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As Hurricane Irma prepares to bear down on us, I had to make some tough decisions. Which props to pack into a backpack.
This is what it came down to.

All vintage sabers. Sadly, the rest will have to stay if we cut and run...

IMG_1196.JPG
Top to bottom:
Luke ANH
Luke ESB in progress
OBI1
Vader ESB in progress

I hope the roof stays on and the rest doesn't get destroyed...

If you could only pack props that would fit into a backpack, what would you take?

Last edited:
I don't know what props I would take if any. I'm a prepper so there is a lot more important things I would need to survive

I wish you and your family a safe trip. Hopefully there isn't any serious damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished making my DL-44 ANH, I worked too long and hard on that thing to leave it behind!

In all seriousness though, stay safe, best of luck to you and your folks.

Stay safe! Everything can be replaced - as much as these objects mean to us, they are objects.

That said, ANH and ESB DL-44.

When Harvey hit the area I was in I left my props including my vintage sabers to be honest... I just grabbed my photo albums and pictures, and the guitars and harmonicas and drove off till it died down in my area. Of course my house remained okay and when all was said and done my props and home were fine but it was definitely a scare.. my thoughts and prayers are with you brother. You and your family stay safe in your journey..

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

When Harvey hit the area I was in I left my props including my vintage sabers to be honest... I just grabbed my photo albums and pictures, and the guitars and harmonicas and drove off till it died down in my area. Of course my house remained okay and when all was said and done my props and home were fine but it was definitely a scare.. my thoughts and prayers are with you brother. You and your family stay safe in your journey..

alex how did you make out with the last hurricane?

I'm Tampa, FL right in the path of Irma. I might be heading to my brother's in an hour. He is in the path too
but his yard is not full of huge trees like mine is. I'm not bringing any of my props, but I might regret that tomorrow.

I'm Tampa, FL right in the path of Irma. I might be heading to my brother's in an hour. He is in the path too
but his yard is not full of huge trees like mine is. I'm not bringing any of my props, but I might regret that tomorrow.

it sucks but you can always rebuild any prop. little harder to rebuild your own life. god bless ya buddy, be safe!

Thanks for the kind words guys. @Unfated, I hope you are safe man. Wishing you well.
Looks like Orlando is going to avoid the worst of it thank goodness.
Definitely have the necessities packed but this one backpack of props is the luxury I allowed myself.

alex how did you make out with the last hurricane?
Just went up north east about an hour not much to it. It didn't hit my area too hard but we had flash flooding for a few days. And lighting shot down our "Cotton Patch Resteraunt" sign. That was funny though. I was just glad my family and I were safe. But in the moment where I knew we would have to go somewhere else for a bit, we just left and I wasn't worried about the props. They were on my mind but life and family sounds better than a few sabers..

As Hurricane Irma prepares to bear down on us, I had to make some tough decisions. Which props to pack into a backpack.
This is what it came down to.

All vintage sabers. Sadly, the rest will have to stay if we cut and run...

View attachment 757786
Top to bottom:
Luke ANH
Luke ESB in progress
OBI1
Vader ESB in progress

I hope the roof stays on and the rest doesn't get destroyed...

If you could only pack props that would fit into a backpack, what would you take?

So sorry man! You shouldn't need to choose which of your Prop-babies get saved!

I hope you and your loved ones are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I was in Florida right now I would fill my car up as much as I could with my SW collection. Vader will be with me no matter what. If there is time to leave, You should be a OK...so it is in my book A OK to worry about your collection.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back