Panaflex's Props

Re: "Where'd you dig up that old fossil?" My real parts OB1 "Artifact" build. UPDATE!

So awesome, dude. Still hunting for a booster... and a jet engine :wacko

Last edited:
Re: "Where'd you dig up that old fossil?" My real parts OB1 "Artifact" build. UPDATE!

Big update to the build. I got a vintage female balance pipe! I posted detailed pics in the balance pipe journey thread but wanted to post this pic of the new addition in place for a test fitting.

No extra weathering on it yet, just weighing the options. Still have the transistors to put on, the cubes to flip and some additional weathering here and there.
Very close to the end.

I'm feeling incredibly lucky to have made it this far. Thanks to Mugatu and Teecrooz for all their help in sourcing parts. Thanks to many others for answering questions and offering support. This is an amazing community we have here.

IMG_9671.JPG

Last edited:
Re: "Where'd you dig up that old fossil?" My real parts OB1Saber "Artifact" build.UPD

Looks fabulous, Panaflex, ... just the cone is sticking out to much eventhough I realise this is just a test-fitting ... it should be deeper inside the emitter ... by the way what did you use for the cone ... is it a vintage part or a replica cone?

Chaim

Re: "Where'd you dig up that old fossil?" My real parts OB1Saber "Artifact" build.UPD

Looks fabulous, Panaflex, ... just the cone is sticking out to much eventhough I realise this is just a test-fitting ... it should be deeper inside the emitter ... by the way what did you use for the cone ... is it a vintage part or a replica cone?

Chaim

Thanks Chaim!
You are right, I didn't notice that when I took the shot. It's loose and I've got to come up with something for that.
Its the Roman's replica cone. I beat it up pretty bad when the replica BP was on it.
I'll come up with something.

So.... if there are original cones out there, doesn't that mean you're still "sourcing the last piece" to find? ;)

The stories behind some of the old grenade parts really amaze me; often they nearly are fossils! Congratulations on digging yours up!

Absolutely amazing!!

So.... if there are original cones out there, doesn't that mean you're still "sourcing the last piece" to find? ;)

The stories behind some of the old grenade parts really amaze me; often they nearly are fossils! Congratulations on digging yours up!

No one knows what the original part was. There has been some speculation, but nothing definitive.

Yes, I suppose I can't truly call it 100% vintage. Still, I feel lucky to have come this far with it. Maybe we'll find out what the cone was one day.

Re: Panaflex's Props- Previously the Obi Fossil saber build.

I picked up a new clamp for the Vintage parts Fossil Obi build. All comments and opinions are welcome.

This was weathered by 3Cell here on the RPF. He used a combination of acid and a blow torch to get the results you see. What I'd call a rock n roll approach.
I'm amazed by the colors and tones that popped out. Parts of it look like an oil slick and other areas come through with golden earth tones. Fantastic work.
I'm planning on using the same process for the transistors.

I took pics under halogen bulbs and ext daylight to give an overall look at it.
I think it adds to the concept of the build. Super stoked.

Wide hero.jpg
IMG_0278.JPG
med hero.JPG
ext wide.JPG
CU hero clamp.JPG

Badass, man! Truly badass. It gets the wheels turning as to what might have happened to this saber.
I'm loving it.

truly a work of art! unique too, I believe you're the first on the RPF to my knowledge to make this kind, nice work!

Been busy with life and work but I FINALLY ended the search for all the vintage parts for my Luke ESB build. I had put this on hold for a long time in hopes of pulling it all together. I'll be starting the build soon.
Without further ado, here are some pics of the parts.

Wideshot.jpg
Base w:clamp.JPG
Base.JPG
Card.jpg
Emitter.jpg
Grips.jpg
Pop rivets.jpg
Been a long haul but every screw, rivet etc will be vintage. Obsessive behavior, a hallmark of the RPF:).

Attachments

• exactras.jpg
    exactras.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 83
Re: Panaflex's Props- Previously the Obi Fossil saber build.UPDATE:LUKE ESB

lookin good! whats the story on those rivets?

This is gonna be awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats super neat. they look like Roy's! thick instead of thin like the ones today

thats super neat. they look like Roy's! thick instead of thin like the ones today

They are cool. I've got plenty of extras so let me know if you want a couple, I'll send them to you.

They are cool. I've got plenty of extras so let me know if you want a couple, I'll send them to you.

I might have to hit you up for a couple myself! Nice collection!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back