Demolition Man | 3 Seashells

MattgomeryBurns

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Something I always wanted to do, so I figured I'd make it as realistic as possible with tile.

3 seashells.png

I'm using foam core as the base so the tiles had enough height to meet the quarter round at the same level.

IMG_1891.JPG

Setting down the tiles

IMG_1893.JPGIMG_1894.JPG

Time for grout

IMG_1920.JPG

Letting it set.

IMG_1922.JPG

Once everything is dry I will trim off the surrounding foam core and attach it to a plexi base.
Next up are the seashells, which should be in hand in a week.

I definitely chuckle everytime I think of this movie specifically because of this gag. This a a great idea. Is this going in your bathroom for unsuspecting visitors?

Now i have seen everything lol. Do you think you should have used something stronger than foam board? Maybe plywood? If that flexes, wont the tiles/grout come loose? This is awesome. Looking forward to seeing it finished
Alan Castillo has also done a cool version of this: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=103287&p=2276754&viewfull=1#post2276754

Yeah plywood would have been better, I just don't have any power tools to cut it, and I had the foam board already. But I'm going to attached a plexi base to the bottom to make it more secure.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely chuckle everytime I think of this movie specifically because of this gag. This a a great idea. Is this going in your bathroom for unsuspecting visitors?

Definitely :D

Last edited by a moderator:
GORRAM IT!!!

Now THERE'S something that would raise hell at the local church!!! Especially if the gain (sensitivity) is set to 11! have to build one now. I think I'm going to build mine (DETECTOR) with a stealth camera in it so I can watch people's reactions.

BTW, the article on the detector is on Hackaday.io

In response to the original thread: Well Done!!! This is doubly helpful to me because now i also have all the interior decor for my throne room in my future house. Thanks!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back