Cottingley Fairy / Goblin Corpses

Re: Cottingley Fairy Corpses

I was at Michaels yesterday, and they have little wooden coffins that are pretty much the dead on size for these guys (pardon the pun :lol ) for a buck a pop. Few different styles as well.

Might be worth looking into if you can't figure out a way to display em!

Chris

Re: Cottingley Fairy Corpses

I have a few of those same ones from Michaels.Stained and aged with a liner inside,they look great!
SAM_1052scaled_zps70643618.jpg

I was at Michaels yesterday, and they have little wooden coffins that are pretty much the dead on size for these guys (pardon the pun :lol ) for a buck a pop. Few different styles as well.

Might be worth looking into if you can't figure out a way to display em!

Chris

So I finally got around to posting the little nasty that burned me out for a while on making these things.

"Nibelung" the Malicious House Goblin! Sorry for the poor phone pics, but my camera died recently. He has a handmade cloak with gold buttons,a scarf,belt with some shineys( beads,pearl,rolled up parchment with writing on it ),a leather backpack with other rolled parchments in it,a sword, and a necklace with a gold leave pendant.
fairys050sized_zps023a6184.jpg

fairys046sized_zps0950d216.jpg

fairys048sized_zpsc10fd8dd.jpg

(first post updated as well)

Last edited:
I need to look through the sculpting section of here and find a good medium to use. Sculpey is waaay too soft to get any real detail with,and that's saying something with my beginner skill set.

----Updated with clearer pictures of Nibelung. :D ----

hay schlitzie i was looking at this new fairy fossil and the artist in me thought: "hay this might be a little too much saturation in the green and brown department....you could make it a little more harmonious to the eye with a slight "hue extension" with something small and red to compliment the green.
then it dawned on me.....you could add little bugs to these which would make it more charming and have a nice color balance.
so i did a quick lady bug photo shop and ended up with this:

fairy fossil.JPG

just a silly little idea :cool
-ultra

Thanks a bunch guys!

Yeah, i want to add some color as well. I will most likely add some dried flowers on the ground if nothing else to add some color.

THATS AWESOME!!! i found one of those dome displays at a thrift store and have been looking at doing something similar but i want to do mummified fairy remains! Cant wait to see more of your work!

hay kids....summer's over and it's time to get back into the props game!

warming up a little knocking out a mold for another version of one of schlitzie's fairy fossils!

fossil1.JPG fossil2.JPG

the mold is done and i just poured a resin test pull 10 min ago!
:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back