Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

HCG is looking at them before they ship, but there is no “test fitting” each one as there is no gun without grips provided by Tomenosuke for test fitting purposes.
The new grips are the exact ones that are on the new batch of guns that Tomenosuke just shipped to HCG. I’m sure people who bought from this last batch of blasters will be able to chime in as they receive their blaster as to the fit and quality of the latest grips.

Got my latest batch blaster from HCG, today.

All’s good, perfect flush fit:thumbsup

Despite some misgivings about the way that Tomenosuke have handled this I am very impressed with the way that HCG are coordinating the replacements. This is a nightmare for a retailer (unless Tomenosuke are paying a substantial fee to HCG for their work) and so far (in the last 24 hours since there was something to report) the HCG communication has been excellent. I've asked a few questions today and quickly received replies. As soon as I decided how I wanted to proceed HCG got the ball rolling and sent me a tracking reference and advice. I'm FAR from happy that we've had to go through this with a very expensive premium product that took months to fix but full marks to HCG and thank you.

i've paid my refundable deposit.i am not getting at HCG it is not there fault.a big thanks to moviefreak for his input also.i know it isn't up to you to chip in.now are we gonna get an import duty charge and have to pay the ups charge?

hope your foot gets better moviefreak.did you kick somebody at tomenosuke for ballsing the grips up?

i've paid my refundable deposit.i am not getting at HCG it is not there fault.a big thanks to moviefreak for his input also.i know it isn't up to you to chip in.now are we gonna get an import duty charge and have to pay the ups charge?

That depends on whether HCG has stated the value of the package as $100 (inaccurate) or $0 (accurate).

Hi all,
My apologies if I missed this in the thread. Has there been any announcement (or rumors, even) that Tomenosuke plan to manufacture larger numbers or otherwise less expensive versions of the 2049 blaster at any point? I'd hate to (ahem) pull the trigger on a $900+ version, only to have substantially less expensive ones come out at some point this year or next year.

Thanks a lot,
Rob

Hi all,
My apologies if I missed this in the thread. Has there been any announcement (or rumors, even) that Tomenosuke plan to manufacture larger numbers or otherwise less expensive versions of the 2049 blaster at any point? I'd hate to (ahem) pull the trigger on a $900+ version, only to have substantially less expensive ones come out at some point this year or next year.

Thanks a lot,
Rob

Why would they undercut their own product? The (mostly) metal version is as well made as some real handguns I own, it isnt going to get much cheaper.

Get the kit available through Propsummit now and make your own finish.

The first one had a beautiful finish but the wrong color grips.

Then a bunch of others with flat or what not finishes. None accurate IMO.

Then just before this current "2049" version (that seems to be the exact, and widely considered worst version from two versions ago) there was the best one which was basically an as first built with a beautiful blue polished top. It was the only one nicer than the first one but with a few improvements and of course the correct color grips. Then they went back to the previous horrible version with the 2049 version. I'm sorry, they are all awesome I am just stating my opinion of finishes.

Since the one just before the 2049 is, in my opinion the only accurate one for an As First Built Version that would be acceptable, and none others are even close to the film prop, buy the kit and make it your own. Much cheaper and a better way to go.

Just my opinion of course.

Be careful on Ebay. Lots of later models have the wrong color "Rootbeer" grips form the first one because guys with the first model bought later models and switched the grips.

Just my opinion.

Why would they undercut their own product? The (mostly) metal version is as well made as some real handguns I own, it isnt going to get much cheaper.

I want to make sure that you know that I'm not being snarky here (the Internet can be misleading LOL): How would making a less-expensive version be different from car companies with regular and luxury lines? I can't afford a Lexus, but I can buy a Camry. :) I don't think it would necessarily undercut them to make a more-affordable version.

Then they went back to the previous horrible version with the 2049 version. I'm sorry, they are all awesome I am just stating my opinion of finishes.

Well ...
How nice to hear that my $1000 investment is 'horrible'.
Very tactful.

My opinion:
The 2049 finish is EXACTLY accurate to the blaster used in the 2049 film because the prop was a 2049 Tomenosuke.
I prefer the all black 'new from the maker' look of the 'weapon' because that's how I prefer the prop to look. QED it's not 'horrible' to me (thankfully). My grips are horrible for a few more weeks but that's another story.

Last edited:
Be careful on Ebay. Lots of later models have the wrong color "Rootbeer" grips form the first one because guys with the first model bought later models and switched the grips.
Just my opinion.

I actually like the old ‘root beer’ grips. Like so many things it’s all down to personal taste. Screen accuracy is important to me but it’s not the MOST important thing.

Would you be willing to have a far less accurate gun? Making a cheaper version WOULD be less accurate because of cutting corners to keep costs down. It would start to look less like the screen used prop and more like a toy. You surely can’t expect them to create something with almost the same amount of quality and accuracy for $400 less? That wouldn’t fly with most Bladerunner collectors who paid $900-$1000 for the previous versions.. :lol

But isn't this the same situation that most early adopters face? Yes, you get Product X before just about everyone else. But you also pay more for it than many people who purchase later down the line.

I finally received an email from HCG regarding the replacement grips. Was very quick once i agreed to send the grips back. I for one don't mind not having grips until the new ones come.

I finally received an email from HCG regarding the replacement grips. Was very quick once i agreed to send the grips back. I for one don't mind not having grips until the new ones come.

I've had too many things vanish in UK Parcelforce's custody to be that confident in advance so.I'm being hyper-careful and went with the deposit option. Just my ocd, it'll be fine either way.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back