Is your favorite TV show canceled?

From what I understand Nancy Travis and Hector Elizondo may be unavailable. But they did recast season one Kristen with no ill effects, so we'll just have to see what happens.

That's a shame if it works out that way, I really liked Ed.

They changed Ryan as well didn't they for the 2nd season? I think it worked out well overall.

I see Kevin Can Wait is cancelled too. I know most wouldn't miss it, but there is just something about Kevin James that makes me laugh. I would literally watch that guy read a phone book.

Ash vs Evil dead.

This kills me even more given how epic the setup was for the next season.
Please god of the evil dead make a movie happen with that premise. Bruce must give
up this silly talk of retiring from the character. There's one more movie left to make.

They changed Ryan as well didn't they for the 2nd season? I think it worked out well overall.

I see Kevin Can Wait is cancelled too. I know most wouldn't miss it, but there is just something about Kevin James that makes me laugh. I would literally watch that guy read a phone book.

Yeah, but he was only in one episode of season one, and the replacement was infinitely better than that Jonas kid.

I didn't see too much of Kevin Can Wait. I got the impression they were already struggling when the brought in Leah Remini.

Apparently ticked off a lot of viewers as well by dumping the wife and killing her off and explaining with nothing but a throwaway line.

Add Roseanne to the cancelled list. Apparently, if you're the star of a show that bears your own name, it's a bad idea to go on twitter and post racist crap. Networks don't like that very much.

Ha! I liked the new season, but not her personal views and they seem to have bitten her in the rear end. There is already talk about Fox picking the series up just as they did with The Last Man Standing, however, if Disney does acquire the television division of Fox, I am thinking they would drop it again as well as drop TLMS. I will be eating my popcorn and watching how all this plays out down the road. I do feel horribly sad for the other cast members and crew who found themselves back on a hit show that had potential to run for a few seasons and provide for them. One loose lipped cannon just ruined a nice paycheck for a lot.

I don't hunk Fix would pick it up when they're trying to sell it to the very people who fired her, lol. Plus one the the producers already quit, the co stars are saying good riddance to her, and her own agent dumped her. I think that wells been poisoned.

I'm still ticked off Agents of Shield is still on and they canceled Agent Carter. The first season was fun, but the second season was poorly written. Almost as if they wanted it to tank to have an excuse to pull it simply because Peggy was killed off in Civil War. She has a huge following though, and it was a different type of show. Like a female Dick Tracy, it even had that soft glow/vibrant color comic vibe.

Honestly, I was shocked when it was even continued into a second season. The first season felt to me like it was intended to be a one-shot thing. Season 2 felt like they were grasping at straws, trying to figure out what to do with it when they'd never intended on continuing. I was glad they stopped before they ruined it further.

Since the dedicated thread to Roseanne seems to be locked, let me put my 2 cents in here. Should she have been fired? I guess that's up to ABC/Disney. Should the show have been cancelled? I don't think so. That's 300 or so people on and off the screen who suddenly don't have a job.

Maybe they could have done what they did when Valerie Harper left her show. The kept the rest of the cast and renamed it "The Hogan Family". In this instance, it was established that Roseanne had a problem with her pain meds. Maybe she had an accidental overdose, and she's out of the picture. Rename the show "The Connors", "Straight Outta Lanford", or something like that, and save the show.

Since the dedicated thread to Roseanne seems to be locked, let me put my 2 cents in here. Should she have been fired? I guess that's up to ABC/Disney. Should the show have been cancelled? I don't think so. That's 300 or so people on and off the screen who suddenly don't have a job.

Maybe they could have done what they did when Valerie Harper left her show. The kept the rest of the cast and renamed it "The Hogan Family". In this instance, it was established that Roseanne had a problem with her pain meds. Maybe she had an accidental overdose, and she's out of the picture. Rename the show "The Connors", "Straight Outta Lanford", or something like that, and save the show.

I agree. It's also possible, though, that her contract had stuff in it preventing that. I've seen multiple articles suggesting the valerie thing, but nothing from anyone in the know.

Sara Gilbert is apparently executive producer on the revival, and she and Goodman are apparently open to continuing without Roseanne. The biggest problem atm seems to be that Roseanne holds the rights to the characters, and even if they continue without her, she'd get a cut of the profit, which is what's trying to be avoided.

Apparently Roseanne will be back... Without Roseanne. She's given her blessing and divorced herself financially and artistically form the spinoff (saving the jobs of everyone who didn't spout off on twitter), which is reported to be "The Conners". Hmm, where have I heard that before? Oh, yeah, just look at my post above.

Apparently Roseanne will be back... Without Roseanne. She's given her blessing and divorced herself financially and artistically form the spinoff (saving the jobs of everyone who didn't spout off on twitter), which is reported to be "The Conners". Hmm, where have I heard that before? Oh, yeah, just look at my post above.
YEAH! Thats what I suggested in the other thread before it was locked. Glad to see them moving forward with the rest of the cast and crew. :cool:thumbsup

I'm sad that Timeless was cancelled, esp. since it ended on a cliff hanger and it looked like season 3 would have been epic. Hopefully some streaming service will pick it up and at least give it a half season to wrap things up. On the bright side Netflix picked up Lucifer and Amazon picked up The Expanse so it's not all bad for me next season.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back