A Tale of Nine Balance Pipes - Journey COMPLETE!!

Indeed. That said . . . whilest zapping from one channel to the next and landing on the One Show just as they were getting to that item . . . and for that whatever-kind-of-jet-engine having been in frame just for several seconds ... I thought it was rather keen of me that my jedi mind is and remains always alert for OB1 ANH lightsaber prop parts ... once I even noticed a complete correct MPP flashgun on the shelf in the Room 101 Show being on BBC 1 :wacko

Chaim

And I thought the Graflex 3-Cell thing was cool - if insanity inducing. Down the rabbit hole i feel myself slipping...

How on earth was it economical for a prop group on a (relatively) low budget to cut up a jet engine in order to make a prop? That would be a fascinating story to read.

And if anyone gets a line on one of these available in the states, I'm associated with the aviation community over here. Would be fun to help facilitate.

JAG

And I thought the Graflex 3-Cell thing was cool - if insanity inducing. Down the rabbit hole i feel myself slipping...

How on earth was it economical for a prop group on a (relatively) low budget to cut up a jet engine in order to make a prop? That would be a fascinating story to read.

And if anyone gets a line on one of these available in the states, I'm associated with the aviation community over here. Would be fun to help facilitate.

JAG

If you're talking about the the original Star Wars FX guys, they probably got the engine or at least the parts that we know of that were used from a scrap yard; and probably for next to nothing.

As for a Stateside engine, the last one that we were aware of, the one that scottjua mentioned that he helped tear down, was unfortunately a bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time this thread comes up I die a little inside for missing out. :cry:D

Well I ended up with a male BP converted... so didn't COMPLETELY miss out... but still...

hurts.

Every time this thread comes up I die a little inside for missing out. :cry:D

Well I ended up with a male BP converted... so didn't COMPLETELY miss out... but still...

hurts.

I have one of those "transgendered" BPs as well. Its now the favorite part of my Obi saber. I just can't help but wonder if I had a spare booster to trade, I probably could've scored one of the female BPs, though.

I'm in the final stages of finishing mine... just got lazy.

here's the converted male BP... I mean you can't beat the weathering.

29564726810_455046e0ff_c.jpg

Tempted to take the red paint off the grenade... but enjoying IT'S natural weathering for now (did a swap for Edraven's extra grenade)

Nope!

Your BP half got cut off in sex change performed by Roman...

Your grenade half is in Japan now... whatever he makes can be half yours!

MIIIINE!

I assume when I put the correct transistors on, D-ring, and then maybe blu it, that this thing will actually turn on, right?

I mean what was the point of this almost 3 year search if it's just... sitting there... a bunch of antique parts...

Ha 3 years ... I have been searching and gathering parts for some 35 + years ... and still need the nice grenade that's coming from teecrooz ... yours is already assembled, matey :wacko

Chaim

Ha 3 years ... I have been searching and gathering parts for some 35 + years ... and still need the nice grenade that's coming from teecrooz ... yours is already assembled, matey :wacko

Chaim

I meant to PM you about that!

You better have a build thread up as soon at that grenade arrives! Everytime someone has whispers of selling a grenade I'm like "Contact Chaim! He needs one!"

DO IT.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back