Gluing silicone to canvas

Zinger

I need to attach an emblem to a pair of Converse high-tops. I'm thinking of making a low relief casting of the emblem in a flexible silicone.

Any suggestions for how to attach the casting to the shoes?

IMG_20170419_092632.jpg

I'm thinking barge cement would be your best bet... Never really attempted this before but it could be worth a try.

Good luck,
Mike

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Silpoxy from Smooth On is made for this

Thanks. This costume already requires an order from Smooth On. I'll pick up a tube.

BTW, my grandmother took me to see TGAMC when it was first in theaters.

EDIT - No, I would have only been 3 1/2 years old when TGAMC was in theaters. Damn, I remember that so clearly.

Last edited:
Silpoxy from Smooth On is made for this

Sil-Poxy did the trick.

IMG_20170608_210433.jpg

I was finally able to test glue a piece this evening. It took me 6 weeks to get to this point, but I'm on schedule for Awesome Con in 8 days.

I roughed up the back of the piece with 220 grit sandpaper to give the Sil-Poxy more "bite". Per the instructions, I coated the piece and the canvas with Sil-Poxy. After two hours, holding perfectly.

Now to figure out how to glue the shoes without making a mess.

Last edited:
Here's the finished product. The costume is really coming together. If I can get to the MakerSpace to finish the bat Tuesday evening, I'll actually be done before the night before the con.

IMG_20170611_120149.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back