Captain America: Civil War

That idea has been happening in comics for a long, long time. Super hero teams will fight each other until a super villain does something that unites them. It's a story as old as super heroes.

So is me or do BvS and Civil War possibly have the same story?(Not that it's bad). Both will start off with some sort of event that sparks government involvement. The government will want The Avengers(Superman) to be controlled. There will be two opposing viewpoints (team cap vs team stark)/(batman vs superman) they will duke it out all while someone is planning in the background (lex/Baron Zemo) and the two sides will realize they need to unite to fight a bigger cause and win and love each other again.
Say what you will but that's not how Civil War in the comics went down at all. Civil War wasn't engineered by a villain. In fact some villains joined up with cap's side because they felt the principle was that important. There was no convenient unification over a common foe. In the end there was only a winner and a loser. In the aftermath there only remained fractured relationships and significant casualties. It wasn't a clean ending.

I'm pretty sure you did describe the plot for BvS, though.

Last edited:
I'm familiar with how Civil War is played out in the comics and it's a Godly story line I'm just speculating from trailers and info we have on the movies. I don't think anyone will be manipulating the two sides like Lex will in BvS but just have a gut feeling the end will be a fight against Zemo and Crossbones together or separate. Pure speculation but the plots are fairly similar when you just look at it as an outline.

CSI photo enhancement?

giphy.gif

So I read that in the newest trailer
when Cap and Tony are fighting you can see Bucky lying in the background missing his robot arm.

So I read that in the newest trailer
when Cap and Tony are fighting you can see Bucky lying in the background missing his robot arm.

i hate when stuff like this is seen in the trailers... though i clicked the spoiler tag knowing there was a spoiler so I'm pulling a double negative right now aren't I? i should put my foot in my mouth right now right? lol

Was talking with my friend the other day, regarding CW and BvS, and both of us are pretty certain that CW won't end with everyone buddy-buddy again, and that that'll wait until Infinity War.

So is me or do BvS and Civil War possibly have the same story?(Not that it's bad). Both will start off with some sort of event that sparks government involvement. The government will want The Avengers(Superman) to be controlled. There will be two opposing viewpoints (team cap vs team stark)/(batman vs superman) they will duke it out all while someone is planning in the background (lex/Baron Zemo) and the two sides will realize they need to unite to fight a bigger cause and win and love each other again.

Yes except Civil War will be a good movie and BvS will suck. My opinion only

i hate when stuff like this is seen in the trailers... though i clicked the spoiler tag knowing there was a spoiler so I'm pulling a double negative right now aren't I? i should put my foot in my mouth right now right? lol

They should have known nerds are going to freeze frame everything and notice that. Man. Im an idiot for clicking on that. Its like I wanted to know then once I did I was like "aww man I shouldnt have done that!" :facepalm

They should have known nerds are going to freeze frame everything and notice that. Man. Im an idiot for clicking on that. Its like I wanted to know then once I did I was like "aww man I shouldnt have done that!" :facepalm
Thanks for the warning. This idiot is not clicking.

spiderman in civil war (mild spoiler if you havent seen new trailer).

Just seen the new mini trailer with spiderman in it. I dont like that they have given him an animated mask. That sort of thing works well on deadpool where he is pretty much a cartoon character anyway but not on a serious suit made by a 16 year old.

I DONT LIKES IT I TELLS YA!! I dont likes it.

Re: spiderman in civil war (mild spoiler if you havent seen new trailer).

I think it's terrific.

For those of us who have known the Ditko and Romita Spider-Man since the 70's and 80's in the comics this is really tugs at the heartstrings - we get it. This is the Spider-Man as he was meant to be at the start - a high schooler in a low tech suit. In the comics the artistic license allowed for some change in the shape of the eyes to give some way to emote - at least artistically. They found a way to translate this into a technological construct to allow for the same effect and I think it's absolutely brilliant. I'm sure the eyes, in this case, were designed with the help of Tony Stark. In the end it is just a wonderful artifice to allow us to see the original comic on the big screen.

For the other folks who are more familiar with the movie versions with the raised webbing and the textured material (or the later comics with the huge eyes), it might seem a bit unsettling. I think it's smart of Marvel to release the look in a trailer up front so those folks have time to get used to it, at least.

With Spider-Man returning to the MCU he HAS to have a different look from the Raimi or Webb films and there's not much different you can do with the existing look unless you go retro. And, by going retro, we also have really the first truly young superhero which is another refreshing change of pace. This costume makes sense on so many levels and is something I appreciate.

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong. I love the fact they have gone with the high schooler with low tech suit. As you say thats the way it should be. I just dont like the animated eyes. Just doesnt fit the feel of the movie. For me that would be like animating tony's helmet's eyes.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back