Denix Mauser / Blaster Assembly Info

Re: Denix / ROTJ Blaster Assembly Info

pretty much, but I'm running low, so a typical roll of TP works when I'm out of Denixes:

http://www.scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/efxtiewebley/IMG_7656.JPG

So yeah definitely you have to put some AL black on the bare metal... and I would degrease the denix completely. Then just a thin coat of flat or satin enamel. I did mine with everything on except the flash hider. Then used steel wool to rub exposed parts as they would naturally come into contact with things.

I usually bake my painted projects to cure them faster, but with the ROTJ blaster, I hung it up in direct sunlight for a few hours... that cooked the paint nicely and cured it fast.

There are too many variations on the ROTJ... the left side milling is different on them all, so just pick one or your favorite mix up of details and make your own. That's what I did.

I was thinking about it with my holster, and pretty sure the Stembridge or Live fire ROTJ has no right side piston for a couple of reasons. Probably to preserve feeding blank rounds, and also that it would get knocked off easily putting it in a holster. Other shots of the MGC hero version(s), I would imagine were placed in Harrison's hand most of the time.

I need to pay more attention but I bet a resin one was in-holster for most of the shots.

BWHAHAHAH

Thanks for the details on this thread! Thought I had screwed the pooch when I discovered I had glued the rear site down before reversing it. I was able to just pop the top and turn it around. If only all of life was as easy to fix.

DENIX HAS UPDATED THIER MAUSER DESIGN

It would appear that Denix has made the following changes to their Mauser Replica

• The Rear Sght is now in a fixed positional all the way to the rear and the button is on the correct (right) side.
  • The have added the following engraved text tot he left side above the trigger "DENIX MADE IN SPAIN"

As part of my full build process I still find in necessary to clean up the knurling on the rear sight button and I fill the new engraved text in with JB Weld and sand it smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oiy! I hoped for a second that you'd be saying "they added the details on the rear" or something wonderful. Nope, just more stuff to fix.

They have also removed the Denix diamond from the left side recess, so at least that's one less thing to mess with, unless you want to get that crisp milled look.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the barrel is bored almost all the back to the receiver.

So the engraved lettering is instead of the diamond logo? (same spot?)

It seems to me that removing material is easier than filling (on metal), but maybe the engraving is less intrusive to most folks. Any other differences you've noticed?

The engraved lettering is on the raised edge just above the grip instead of being in the recess where the diamond was, but it's on the same side. The pin that holds the sight ramp is now 3mm instead of 4mm, and the firing pin that came with mine had a weird nubbin on it that made it stick out about 3/16", but I'm guessing that it might just have been the factory not trimming it correctly from the sprue it was cast on. That's pretty much it.

Thanks for the info. Pondering whether I should scrounge a couple of the older ones for future builds. ;)

Has something changed with the pin in the bolt with more recent versions? I cannot remove it. From the videos I’ve watched it should turn and pull out. I have had no luck and I’m only boogering the protrusion.

I have never seen a Denix pin release by tuning it, that is an MGC.

The Denix pins are pressed in place and require some twisting and wiggling to get them out.

On the new versions, the thin protrusion on the pin is easy to break off, if it does, you have to use a small diameter punch to knock the pin out from inside the bolt.

You have to pull it back and use something to keep it back and then you can use the punch to pop it loose

Thanks for the reply Boba!! Yep, the end of it broke. With the slide pulled back and the rod exposed. Does the punch go in the tiny gap around the rod?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back