Metal EE3 Mauser replicas

wolfsbanestudio

Hey all, so I am branching out my business, which has mostly catered to military guys. I am currently working on a Pao practical animatronic mask, rebel pilot helmet, tie pilot and ATAT pilot to name a few. I have all the plans in order to make aluminum cast EE3 and Mauser replicas. I am missing the most vital part of this project though....an original webley and mauser. I have other EE3 kits from other makers and a denix mauser but I cannot in good conscience recast those. I have studied them in order to make my plan of attack though. I am hoping that a member here will be willing to send their original webley or mauser so that I can take a cast of it and send it back. I am not expecting this help without some kind of compensation of course. I am simply reaching out in hopes of finding someone willing to work with me on this. I have several original parts for the webley - EE3 conversion, I would take silicone molds of parts and make copies of those for actually pressing into sand for metal pouring. Anyone with original parts to either EE3 or Mauser and willing to discuss how we can make this happen please let me know. Thank you in advance
Steve

Hey all, so I am branching out my business, which has mostly catered to military guys. I am currently working on a Pao practical animatronic mask, rebel pilot helmet, tie pilot and ATAT pilot to name a few. I have all the plans in order to make aluminum cast EE3 and Mauser replicas. I am missing the most vital part of this project though....an original webley and mauser. I have other EE3 kits from other makers and a denix mauser but I cannot in good conscience recast those. I have studied them in order to make my plan of attack though. I am hoping that a member here will be willing to send their original webley or mauser so that I can take a cast of it and send it back. I am not expecting this help without some kind of compensation of course. I am simply reaching out in hopes of finding someone willing to work with me on this. I have several original parts for the webley - EE3 conversion, I would take silicone molds of parts and make copies of those for actually pressing into sand for metal pouring. Anyone with original parts to either EE3 or Mauser and willing to discuss how we can make this happen please let me know. Thank you in advance
Steve

I have an MGC Mauser but I’m in the uk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don´t have the parts, but aluminum cast rocks!!!:thumbsup

looking forward to see the progress. curious how you will do the sandforms. some of the pieces in the EE3 have some mean undercuts I d thing. but I know some people can do magical things with sandforming. some years ago I thought about an aluminum EE3 by myself, but in lost wax casting, but at least I never realized it an used a rubies blaster modification instead...

I have an MGC Mauser but I’m in the uk.

I'm not sure if there are any issues with shipping an MGC to the US. Anyone have input on that?

- - - Updated - - -

don´t have the parts, but aluminum cast rocks!!!:thumbsup

looking forward to see the progress. curious how you will do the sandforms. some of the pieces in the EE3 have some mean undercuts I d thing. but I know some people can do magical things with sandforming. some years ago I thought about an aluminum EE3 by myself, but in lost wax casting, but at least I never realized it an used a rubies blaster modification instead...

I actually have a machine shop as well that I an going to machine the drastic undercuts with. My first thought was to machine an exact copy of the webley from scratch but I would MUCH RATHER find someone willing to let me mold their webley and save that headache.

Importing a Webley or a MGC into the USA is no problem, but EXPORTING them from a specific country can be a difficult task, since all of the standard postal/ parcel services won´t process ANY weapons. UPS and FedEx might have different policies, but you´d have to check that first.

Here are some things to consider:
There are already vendors for metal replicas of the Webley (Handschaub, Dave the Bookie and Portumac), followed by a lot of vendors for resin copies of a real Webley and even more sellers of 3D printed EE3s...

Since you are running a business, you should really take this into consideration and be clear, if you really want to invest in prototyping, tooling, manufacturing etc. with the risk of being unable to make any / significant profit.

The situation is different with regards to the C96. With MGC´s becoming harder to find and being very pricey, a GOOD metal copy of either a real or a MGC C96 sounds very appealing. Even then...check the market to get an idea about your competitors (Boba Dept, Field Mashall and others, who are offering excellent services for accurizing a Denix C96 at reasonable costs, Scottjua promoting his run of metal C96 copies...)

Curious, how this developes...

wait... do we talk here of an ESB EE3? somehow I thought it would be the ROTJ EE3, which would have some more undercuts of course at the barrel. anyway I m looking forward to this:D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back