Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

That I have on hand. I was wondering about it, but I was worried it would break down, would eventually get sticky, or start falling off. I will give it a whirl. Want to finish with all the Sharpie and seal before taping.

The movie bat looks to already be breaking down. I started with a black bat, so I had to sand everything down, and then I sprayed one coat of gloss clear on everything and then lightly sanded that with 220 before I started.

Just thought I'd share the chains I added to the Hottopic jacket. I am in no way a professional at sewing this was my first time so ignore how awful it is haha. Not exactly like the ones from the film but from far away who can tell the difference. Thanks to those who helped me figure out what they were.

FullSizeRender-10.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I posted about this earlier but does anyone know where you can get the sequin-chain things on her jacket? I'm not even 100% sure what they are.
Google "sequin" if u don't know what they are.[/QUOTE]

I know what sequins are lol... someone had referred to it as sequins earlier so I thought I'd say that in case it was a chain of sequins or something, as I had no idea what it was along the sleeves at all.

Made some progress. Just need to get a wrap. Was thinking of ordering a 1" hockey/ baseball tape as that is what it looks like vs. the smaller baseball wraps I see locally. Is this similar to what others are using?

That's what I used. 1" bat / hockey tape seems to match almost perfectly with the prop on display. Here's the amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=1&updatePaymentsPortalPreferenceSuccess=true

It also weathers and distresses nicely since it has lots of texture.

Here's my finished bat. Let me know if anyone wants more pictures or different angles:

In Progress:

IMG_7149-1_zpsmgdqimaq.jpg

IMG_7153_zpst8szjvbo.jpg

IMG_7151-1_zpstsl5kjyj.jpg

Finished:

IMG_7217-2_zpswn9mkjxw.jpg

IMG_7218-2_zpsssnbixvl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished the Mallet I was making yesterday. Here are some pictures of the finished product.
The head is made of 8 inch diameter smooth pine. I created a stencil for the sharpie writing and the smile. I also created a stencil for the check to keep it consistent. I weathered it with various hammered and pipes. The handle was repainted to match closer to the original. I then dirtied it up with black over spray.
View attachment 651755View attachment 651756View attachment 651757View attachment 651758View attachment 651759

Hiya, what did you use for the black grips on the handle? Thank you!

Hiya, what did you use for the black grips on the handle? Thank you!
I used this, whole handle from amazon,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JB6Y0AA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/h]
It is the only thing I have found that is correct, You will need to bondo the handle as it has words etched into it. Than re paint it a blue of your choice.

Im working on the bat now. What do you think of adding my own personal touch to the bat? Like extra writing or images like her diamonds.

image.jpegimage.jpeg Heres my harley cosplay im working on clothing is done! Doing the bat now! What do u think? (Ps dont pay attention from the neck up. I had just recieved my shoes and i wanted to try everything on haha)

We started making my, rubber, bat! Here are some progress photos. ( for the "GOOD NIGHT" portion )
#1- Just to show you that it's rubber.
Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 1.jpg
#2- Here is to show you how we made our stencil. We took a picture, of the bat, and blew it up until it fit just right.
Then cut it out with an x-acto knife, and traced it with a pencil.
Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 2.jpg Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 3.jpg Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 4.jpg
#3 Next traced it with a sharpie.
Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 5.jpg
#4 And finally used a red sharpie to color it in.
Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 6.jpg Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 7.jpg Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 8.jpg
Now on to the writing! Wish me luck......

~ I Athena I

Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 1.jpg

Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 2.jpg

Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 3.jpg

Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 4.jpg

Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 5.jpg

Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 6.jpg

Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 7.jpg

Harley "GOOD NIGHT" prog 8.jpg

I've been working on my Harley for awhile and am nearly finished. However, I am a little stumped on her "Yes, Sir" bracelets. Has anyone attempted to make them or has found a reputable, somewhat inexpensive, supplier? The Amazon ones I have seen are $40+ and that's a little much for my budget. TIA!

I found this place by happy accident while searching for images of Harley's ring. I just ordered it from shapeways (a huge thank you to thecatwho who made it and put it up there). Working on various parts of the rest of her outfit right now but nothing is finished yet as I'm still waiting on a number of things in the mail. But thank you to everyone on here who has shared links and tips and their own experience in making various parts of this outfit :)

So i just looked at some footage again the Adam Savage's Tested where the Bat is shown. It seems like the "GOOD NIGHT" letters are all tilted in different directions, which i am not quite sure someone on this forum already mentioned. I also noticed, that the outline/border of the "GOOD NIGHT" is not a sharp black edge but more a washed out look getting brighter in the center of the letters. Do you know a easy way to do that while still having a "Sharpie pen" look? and the last thing i noticed is that the black borders around the harlequin diamonds is showing some red under it. i am not quite sure if that also showed up in the movie prop or only on the replica one. Is there any known way to get the text accurate except for making a stencil by laser cutting? just asking because i want to get as closest to the original as possible :D
-Thomas

I found this place by happy accident while searching for images of Harley's ring. I just ordered it from shapeways (a huge thank you to thecatwho who made it and put it up there). Working on various parts of the rest of her outfit right now but nothing is finished yet as I'm still waiting on a number of things in the mail. But thank you to everyone on here who has shared links and tips and their own experience in making various parts of this outfit :)

You're welcome! I'd love to see some pics from anyone who got it printed, painted, etc.

I've been working on my Harley for awhile and am nearly finished. However, I am a little stumped on her "Yes, Sir" bracelets. Has anyone attempted to make them or has found a reputable, somewhat inexpensive, supplier? The Amazon ones I have seen are $40+ and that's a little much for my budget. TIA!
I found some leather ones on Etsy for around $30 that look pretty good, I'm not sure how much you are willing to spend. But for my costume I am doing her jacket, and yes she wears the bracelets throughout the movie, of course, but you can't really see them until she takes her jacket off. Therefore, I'm not going to get those bracelets. So that can be an option. As I am writing this I just checked eBay and I found some pleather ones for $12! Ooh, and if you prefer amazon, I found some for $10 ! So just look around, even my boots, I got on eBay ranged from $16 to $70! For the same boots. Please share your progress photos and good luck!! :lol

~ I Athena i

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back