Storm Trooper face plate mould offerred - Unique- acquired 32 years ago

Irken Tech

It is tainted with the Ainsworth name but I am curious about any opinions on what this actually is.

https://youtu.be/zjbIXcW4UtQ

Now that I re-read the post title, it may be misleading. I should clarify that I just found this video on Youtube and have no connection with this. I posted it hastily and haven't even watched all of it yet myself. Here is a quick screen capture in case the video disappears.
STrooperForms.jpg

Video posted here:

http://e-catworld.com/2017/12/19/uf...-revelations-about-pentagon-research-program/

Disturbing comment by the owner in above link:

I have just received a message from one of the worlds largest collectors and a producer of the original movies asking what I want for it. Let's see.

STrooperForms.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when it was on eBay. There was a discussion about it here back then. It's probable that it could be the basis for the faceplate on the ribbed back prototype helmets Ainsworth made. The lack of undercut is a dead giveaway that it's not THE original mould. If the fellow was offered $100k for it he should have jumped at that.

If anyone is in contact with this seller, I can explain the story of this mold as well as provide photographic documentation to support it.
But no it absolutely did not produce helmets for any of the films.

Just looking at that mold tells me the head opening would come out way to big to match the smaller openings seen on screen used helmets(Probably due to lack of undercut that was mentioned here).

If anyone is in contact with this seller, I can explain the story of this mold as well as provide photographic documentation to support it.
But no it absolutely did not produce helmets for any of the films.

Gino ,Please tell us.

There was a promo helmet for ESB that seems to have the same characteristics as this mold. I can't find it at the moment though so I'm not certain.

Ben.

Just watched video and read the comments on youtube.
It seems this guy has indeed had this for a very long time.

I know with photoshop these things can be faked but he shows a pic of him with the mold when he was about 15.

A commenter on youtube seems to put the owner right about it not being from 76 (but then he's only saying he's had it since about 85 anyway).

Commenter then tells how he thinks its one that AA made so he could make some lids for mates post 76/77, why would he need to make another (this one) if he had the originals as he has always claimed?
GINO you seem to always relish in knowing details that others don't but how about joining in just this once, just for fun.
What harm can it do if its old news......What's the story :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you seriously seem to hate Andrew Ainsworth to a point where you even avoid using his full name and write "AA" instead?!

I think the RPF should develop a program that spells certain names with their initials only (like they do with swear words or expressions already):p:p
AA is one of those!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back