3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build- COMPLETE

Re: 3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build

this is so sick. love it man!!!
i just want to point out 1 detail. The inner side of the bicep. On your build they looked massive to me, so i searched for a pic from the movie.
i found this.
View attachment 753393

Thank you guys. Yah that's a detail I noticed early on but it was a compromise I decided to take for the moment. The inside corners are a bit too sharp which make it look large. I might or might not round them off more but it will probably require cutting a small section out and rebuilding it.

Here's a better pic of some screen used arms to see how much for rounded the inside corners are.
DSC_0126 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

yes, those look perfect. will also allow you to move better i think.
Since you are approaching perfection, you should definitly do it like pchrisbosh. keep up the awesome work!

Thank you guys. Yah that's a detail I noticed early on but it was a compromise I decided to take for the moment. The inside corners are a bit too sharp which make it look large. I might or might not round them off more but it will probably require cutting a small section out and rebuilding it.

Here's a better pic of some screen used arms to see how much for rounded the inside corners are.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4372/36574897131_247fdec7fd.jpgDSC_0126 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

Since you are approaching perfection, you should definitly do it like pchrisbosh. keep up the awesome work!

Haha thanks for the motivation, I might just have to tackle it then :). The geometry of the Do3D arms are a little different then the screen used arms so I'll probably just be able to get it close enough to look the part without creating a domino effect.

Haha thanks for the motivation, I might just have to tackle it then :). The geometry of the Do3D arms are a little different then the screen used arms so I'll probably just be able to get it close enough to look the part without creating a domino effect.

I hope you have modified the files enough for them to be available to purchase as a re-working set of files $€£ ?

Last edited:

I didn't really do any modifications to the 3D files. Most of the modifications I have done have purely been by hand.

That's actually encouraging: it means the Do3D files aren't so far off base - meaning there's a good start for the purist to follow in your footsteps. :)

Alright Mr. Jay you talked me into it. I went ahead and did the modification. Had to cut out a large section of the corner, rebuild, resculpt and here they are now. Much more accurate this time around. I'm glad I did it as I think I probably would have regretted it later, it looks much more proportioned now with the suit. Thanks for the constructive help.

That's actually encouraging: it means the Do3D files aren't so far off base - meaning there's a good start for the purist to follow in your footsteps. :)

You said it perfectly they are pretty much just a base and that's how I approached it from the beginning. I knew they weren't the most accurate files but the shapes of the pieces were pretty close to have my way with it and have an awesome Robocop suit. It's been fun working on them and being creative with the hard pieces. Thanks for the kind comment.

Great job! Looks amazing. its al about the details that will make it look spot on.
Cant wait for paint. :)

Alright Mr. Jay you talked me into it. I went ahead and did the modification. Had to cut out a large section of the corner, rebuild, resculpt and here they are now. Much more accurate this time around. I'm glad I did it as I think I probably would have regretted it later, it looks much more proportioned now with the suit. Thanks for the constructive help.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4403/35950454024_551505f70d.jpg

Yep, those biceps are looking more screen-accurate than the previous ones:cool

Sneak preview.
37118350562_3fda69eb9e_c.jpg

This is the first test fit after making it as wearable as possible. Still need to make some adjustments, add some padding and make some additional straps to raise the abs/cod up a little higher. Overall it's looking pretty amazing.

Last edited:

Holy wowzer! That looks fantastic. You know I'm the real suit he did not wear the bottom part because he could not drive with the suit on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I may for the most part agree with the people who fear 3D printing will eventually kill off hand made pieces, and the people that make them, I stand in awe of pieces like this. To be able to replicate such a complex detailed suit as this with such accuracy... My hats off to the designer as well as the maker. Really beautiful work!

Finish work is impeccable!! Is the right thigh suppose to be taller than the left? In the D03D files it is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back